Toilet paper roll = art

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    this guy has a LOT of time on his hands....probably something I would try to do.... :oops:

Very cool!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    this guy has a LOT of time on his hands....probably something I would try to do.... :oops:

Very cool!
    Trippy stuff for sure! Always just threw them out, or made makeshift smoking devices a la Macgyver :lol:
    4and20 wrote:

Very cool!
    Trippy stuff for sure! Always just threw them out, or made makeshift smoking devices a la Macgyver :lol:

I use them for 'smoke filters' in hotel rooms....I can take a tube out of a roll and you can't even tell....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

Very cool!

I use them for 'smoke filters' in hotel rooms....I can take a tube out of a roll and you can't even tell....

lol so you guys going to tha bridge show :mrgreen:
    I wish! I am lacking some of the paper green stuff, so no Bridge School :cry:

- Christopher McCandless
  • lol so you guys going to tha bridge show :mrgreen:
    I am :D not bringing any toilet paper rolls though :lol:
  • actually pretty cool... might have to try it with my high school students in the fall
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Ah, the trusty smoking filter. Or as it has been called for years amongst my circle of friends, "The Floyd".
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    actually pretty cool... might have to try it with my high school students in the fall

Ah, dude do it! I'm assuming you teach like high school or middle school art classes, but I would've loved this project.

Definitely challenging. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    4and20 wrote:

A talented one. I'd like to draft you to my next pow-wow. :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Smoking filter? Explain it to me, DC...
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Well, how I've used it is you just take a toilet paper, or paper towel roll from the inside, ya know, the cardboard part...and typically the friends and I have stuffed dryer sheets inside. Hit your stuff, blow out your smoke through the filter.

I imagine there are other ways to achieve it too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Well, how I've used it is you just take a toilet paper, or paper towel roll from the inside, ya know, the cardboard part...and typically the friends and I have stuffed dryer sheets inside. Hit your stuff, blow out your smoke through the filter.

"dryer sheets"? What the fuck are they?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

"dryer sheets"? What the fuck are they?

Haha. Man, I need to go to Australia. :lol:;)

They're sheets you put in the dryer when drying your clothes to make them smell nice. They work good for filtering the distinctive smell of marijuana smoke. :mrgreen:

You do have dryers, right?
    ...You do have clothes...right?! :wtf:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

They're sheets you put in the dryer when drying your clothes to make them smell nice. They work good for filtering the distinctive smell of marijuana smoke. :mrgreen:

Fuck no....why the hell would I wear clothes?! ;)

Yes we have dryers. Yes we have those smelly dryer sheets. No we don't call them dryer sheets. But in saying that, I have no idea what they're fucking called....so maybe they are called "dryer sheets". I doubt it.

Gee you guys go to a lot of trouble. What happened to just rolling a joint and smoking it? When you're finished, spray some perfume around and you're laughing! 8-)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Fuck no....why the hell would I wear clothes?! ;)

Yes we have dryers. Yes we have those smelly dryer sheets. No we don't call them dryer sheets. But in saying that, I have no idea what they're fucking called....so maybe they are called "dryer sheets". I doubt it.

Gee you guys go to a lot of trouble. What happened to just rolling a joint and smoking it? When you're finished, spray some perfume around and you're laughing! 8-)

Well that's why you're bad ass Zig. You do that under the same circumstances that we'd do anything to cover it up. :mrgreen:;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Ah I didn't realize this is what you guys meant by smoke filter. I was thinking of how you make a pipe out of it by cutting a small hole on the top, put a piece of foil with pinholes in it, and then inhale from one end and cover the other end like a carburator.

Or something like that, just what I've read of course :mrgreen:
  • DC, we used to call it a "Spoof" in college! :lol:

That was the protocol those first few tense weeks in the dorms. "Hey dude, lock and towel the door, grab the spoof." :lol: Haven't thought about that in years.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    dcfaithful wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Ah I didn't realize this is what you guys meant by smoke filter. I was thinking of how you make a pipe out of it by cutting a small hole on the top, put a piece of foil with pinholes in it, and then inhale from one end and cover the other end like a carburator.

Or something like that, just what I've read of course :mrgreen:

Definitely done that before. But foil makes me feel all gross. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    DC, we used to call it a "Spoof" in college! :lol:

That was the protocol those first few tense weeks in the dorms. "Hey dude, lock and towel the door, grab the spoof." :lol: Haven't thought about that in years.

Haha, well...when in SLC. :mrgreen:;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    oh dear...what did I start? :crazy: :oops: :crazy:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    oh dear...what did I start? :crazy: :oops: :crazy:

It seems like a lot of threads I've been in lately have digressed into talks of pot. :think: :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Well, you attract the type of company you want to keep....right? ;)

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    Well, you attract the type of company you want to keep....right? ;)

Tou-fucking-che m'lady. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL