If you're at work and only have a few minutes to talk...

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
...why in the hell would you call your mortgage company to inquire about a refinance?? :x :x

nothing worse than getting a call from someone only to have them rush you off the phone without giving you a chance to get your point across. you called me lady. really? you think it only takes a minute or two take an application? dummy.

people are idiots.

not you guys though. you guys are all geniuses. especially kat. kat's the best. :mrgreen:
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol: @ Kat

so being that you work in the evil empire of mortgages....let me ask you something that we all seem to wonder.

what is the deal with closing costs, document fee's, this fee and that fee so that the time i walk out, it costs me 10 grand in fee's to refi?

i refianced my truck once. guess what it cost? zero.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    A way to make money. But it is more complicated than refi on a car.

I just refi'd down to 3.8/15yr love it.

If it keeps dropping (doubtful) I'll drop that b*tch down to a 10.
    maj4e wrote:

a new mortage yeah, maybe, gotta check the deed and what not. a refi, pretty simple stuff, unless the expert can advise that it's more complicated
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    maj4e wrote:

nah man. i think you're set for life with that. congrats :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

so being that you work in the evil empire of mortgages....let me ask you something that we all seem to wonder.

what is the deal with closing costs, document fee's, this fee and that fee so that the time i walk out, it costs me 10 grand in fee's to refi?

what's the deal with ovaltine? the jar is round. might as well call it roundtine. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I wish I could stop answering phone calls altogether....I hate phone calls....I cringe when i hear that fucker ring sometimes. :x
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • what's the deal with ovaltine? the jar is round. might as well call it roundtine. :lol:

wrong thread dude :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    And on the flip side, you're at work and you get a personal call. You say, "What's up?" which is international office speak for "I'm a little busy right now, gimme the soundbite." And they say, "Nothing, how are you doing?" And you think, "Are you kidding me?!? I'm at work!"

And you nicely say, "I'm a little busy right now, let me call you back after work."

And then you return to posting on the board. But now someone has replied ahead of you and you have to reformulate your post.

:evil: :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I wish I could stop answering phone calls altogether....I hate phone calls....I cringe when i hear that fucker ring sometimes. :x

agreed.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    81 wrote:

I'd like to know the answers to all this as well, but I only have a minute so hurry it up.....
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Sorry, Jeagler, you took too long. Gotta run. Bye.
    And on the flip side, you're at work and you get a personal call. You say, "What's up?" which is international office speak for "I'm a little busy right now, gimme the soundbite." And they say, "Nothing, how are you doing?" And you think, "Are you kidding me?!? I'm at work!"

And you nicely say, "I'm a little busy right now, let me call you back after work."

And then you return to posting on the board. But now someone has replied ahead of you and you have to reformulate your post.

classic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i hate it how people just assume that only one person in a company answers the phone, and that the person who did just answer the phone, is the person who always answers said phone. Then, they get mad at you when you tell them, "no, Im sorry...Im not the one you spoke with earlier...there are many people in the office who answers the phones"......which, sometimes kicks you in the ass because then the douchebag has to tell you their whole goddamn story (like you give a shit) and they dont even take a breath for you to cut them off...so you just come here, bitch about it, and finally, finally when silence comes, you tell them the person they are looking for is not in the office and simply ask for their phone number. Then, they insist on knowing when they will be receiving their return phone call, because they're going to be outside in the garden for a while, then they have to go to the bank, store and post office and should be home...........

oh dear lord...i just dont care...am i not being rude enough for you to tell?!?!?!

I work a t law office - some of these people...i swear :x
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

SPOT.
    ON.

:clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

LOVE this! :lol: However, in previous years there was someone that found my secrert place (the board here) and called me RIGHT BACK to yell: "YOU HUNG UP ON ME TO WRITE ON A MESSAGE BOARD???? your name is all OVER that place! You could have just said you dont want to talk!!! :x " to which i responded: ok. dont wanna talk. see ya! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • And on the flip side, you're at work and you get a personal call. You say, "What's up?" which is international office speak for "I'm a little busy right now, gimme the soundbite." And they say, "Nothing, how are you doing?" And you think, "Are you kidding me?!? I'm at work!"

Sad but true

Very nice
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

we call those junk fees (processing, underwriting, application fees) and they are easy to get waived. just bitch and complain. generally you're looking at 2-2.5% of your loan amount for total settlement costs. you could also opt for a higher rate and have the mtg company pay for the costs. doc fees are title company fees---which are extremely ridiculous.

fees cost more across the board these days simply because mortgage companies, like mine, are struggling to stay afloat....and/or, like mine, they took tarp money (thanks obama!) and are trying to pay it back as quickly as possibly.

and i'll tell you a little something about zip codes......they're meaningless! hahahahha :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com