Halo: Reach

aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,026
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I've gotten too old for midnight releases, but I was there when Halo 2 and 3 came out so I was curious if anyone went out tonight to get it. I will have mine tomorrow via Amazon and am looking forward to seeing Bungie's last contribution to the Halo universe before Microsoft takes over. It's getting the usual praise and adoration from most everyone, averaging 92% at the moment: http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/960 ... index.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
    No midnight sale for Belgium, I would have went though, even if I'm old 30-er ;)

Bungie will go out with a bang, believe you me! :thumbup:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    There were a few giveaways from Best Buy but I already pre-ordered it online (should be here tomorrow).
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It should be waiting for me when I get home. There are a few $20 promotions going on for this game so check online before spending $60 retail.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    It should be waiting for me when I get home. There are a few $20 promotions going on for this game so check online before spending $60 retail.
    Best Buy had a pre-order online and save 10, and get $10 in reward zone coupons for pre-ordering so that's the way I went.
  • Jason P wrote:

Yeah I went with Amazon since I had a $20 credit from Madden that I applied to this, which gave me another $20 credit for a future purchase. If you play your cards right and happen to always be interested in the big games that they offer those credits on, you'll never pay over $40 for a new game through them. Plus if you have Prime you get free release day delivery which is very nice.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:

Yeah I went with Amazon since I had a $20 credit from Madden that I applied to this, which gave me another $20 credit for a future purchase. If you play your cards right and happen to always be interested in the big games that they offer those credits on, you'll never pay over $40 for a new game through them. Plus if you have Prime you get free release day delivery which is very nice.
    The promotions are a blessing and a curse since I tend to buy more games then I have time to play. :think: But last year I figured it out and I saved over 30%-40% on average(including the fact that I avoid shipping and taxes through amazon) on games. I guess the collapse of the world economy has been good for something . . .

I still have to beat the following games
    * Uncharted 2
    * Assasins Creed 2
    * Dragon's Age
    * Super Mario Galaxy
    * Demon's Soul
    * Mass Effect 2 (I can't believe I've put this game off!)

It's going to be hard to finish them with Halo Reach and NHL 2011 lying around.
  • NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are the two games I'm going to get after the hype dies down
  • brother123 wrote:
    NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are the two games I'm going to get after the hype dies down
    Just got both (well the kids did... well I really did since I paid for it :roll: )
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    brother123 wrote:
    NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are the two games I'm going to get after the hype dies down
    Just got both (well the kids did... well I really did since I paid for it :roll: )
    do you play, BD?
    i have some friend that play Halo 24x7.
    today they are trying to get this new Halo game.

i don't play
    i just smoke and watch 'em :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I been playing since day 1 Halo CE, i played Halo 2 n Halo 3 professionally/competitively so will be looking to carry it on into Reach.

I like the game, better than halo 3 i think, want to see what happens after 5 more days in arena.
  • chadwick wrote:
    brother123 wrote:
    do you play, BD?
    i have some friend that play Halo 24x7.
    today they are trying to get this new Halo game.

i don't play
    i just smoke and watch 'em :mrgreen:
    Nah... The kids are pretty good at these games... I just sit and watch them :x
    Your way is better :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Mr. Diamond you slay me.
    good guy this guy.

did you ever play atari or nintendo?

i did.
    i played both.
    i quit gaming at super nintendo level.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    uhhh ... this is a stupid question ... but really, it's the internet so ... 8-)

how does one get a jet pack and operate it ... i picked up the game yesterday ... played like 10 mins of the campaign and got bored and went into matchmaking ... there were guys flying up on jet packs ... i switched my button layout to <recon> cuz i'm used to playing halo 3 and it matches it ...

how the heck do you use the jet packs?
  • chadwick wrote:
    Mr. Diamond you slay me.
    good guy this guy.

i did.
    i played both.
    LOL, my parents saved up and got me Intellivision...
    All my friends had the cool systems :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • love watching someone good play halo more than playing myself... probably goes back to me watching my cousins beat mario and mortal kombat instead of playing :|

anyway, who wants to come over and play their halo with me? im interested to see how it ends
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    do any of you play each other?

i wanna watch 81 and speedy play Halo.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    Mr. Diamond you slay me.
    good guy this guy.

i did.
    i played both.
    LOL, my parents saved up and got me Intellivision...
    All my friends had the cool systems :lol:
    oh my frickin god
    my cousin had this intellivision system.
    im pretty sure it sucked, yes/no?

look what i found for you
    http://www.intellivisionlives.com/

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce