Lest we forget the sacrifice.....343 FDNY

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,026
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
4978123007_0ea25e1f67_m.jpg
Nevada FF license plate by mickeyrat, on Flickr

Picture of brothers plate from his time in Las Vegas in honor of the 343 firefighters who perished 9 years ago today.

We must also remember those from NYPD and the Port Authority personnel too.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,026
    4979847290_5f37aedb3a.jpg
    WTC flag raising by mickeyrat, on Flickr
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Voice your support for medical care for those suffering medical conditions from breathing toxic dust while combing through the wreckage. Such a travesty.

• it sucks sitting here and seeing someone i knew every few names :cry:

R.I.P.

COUSIN JIMMY BOY

UNCLE VINNY

AND TO MY 89 FELLOW CO-WORKERS
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Mission Statement of the New York City Fire Department
    As first responders to fires, public safety and medical emergencies, disasters and terrorist acts, FDNY protects the lives and property of New York City residents and visitors. The Department advances public safety through its fire prevention, investigation and education programs. The timely delivery of these services enables the FDNY to make significant contributions to the safety of New York City and homeland security efforts.

Core Values of the Department
    SERVICE
    The Department continues its unwavering call to protect and serve.

BRAVERY
    Bravery is the ability to overcome fear through fortitude, instinct, compassion for others and training.

SAFETY
    We strive to keep our citizens free from danger, especially deliberate, harmful acts. With the best equipment and training, the Department can reduce the risk to the public and its members at fires, emergencies and medical incidents.

HONOR
    The enormous commitment necessary to perform the Department’s tasks requires excellence of character. We inspire each other through pride in our unit, which is a belief that every action reflects on all the members of the unit, both past and present.

DEDICATION
    A commitment to the objectives of our mission is an essential part of our code of conduct. The faithful observance of duty calls for us to fulfill our obligations professionally and honestly.

PREPAREDNESS
    By combining all of the components of our core values, the FDNY will maintain its constant state of readiness to meet all threats and challenges, traditional and new.

Who We Are
    10,725 Uniformed Firefighters and Fire Officers
    2,740 EMTs and Paramedics
    171 Fire Marshals
    247 Fire Inspectors
    174 Dispatchers
    1,101 Administrative Support Personnel
    (Mechanics/Tradespeople, Technologists, Civilian Professionals, Etc.)
    Services Provided to New Yorkers
    892,017 Fire Apparatus responses to 432,969 fires, non fire emergencies and medical calls
    Extinguished 51,145 fires
    1,267,340 EMS Unit responses to 1,088,378 medical emergencies
    Investigated 6,292 fires for potential arson
    Conducted 183,403 fire code regulatory inspections
    1,834 fire safety events
    Email the Commissioner

All FDNY statistics are based on Fiscal Year 2003

Copyright 2010 The City of New York Contact Us | FAQs | Privacy Stateme

‎"Lord, take me where You want me to go;
    Let me meet who You want me to meet;
    Tell me what You want me to say;
    And keep me out of Your way."

...Father Mychal Judge, NYFD Chaplain
    killed September 11 , 2001

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    what would jerry garcia think about 9/11?
    i watched a great video on him the other day.
    i think i'll go find it.
    brb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1M5xqDQW58

thank you for waiting.

peace/love/drugs.
    groovy stuff.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    That tribute to the FDNY 343 brought tears to my eyes. We as Americans can never forget the bravery and sacrifice ALL those firefighters, police, Port Authority, and EMT's made that day. Without them, thousands more would have perished. They are all in my thoughts today.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:
    That tribute to the FDNY 343 brought tears to my eyes. We as Americans can never forget the bravery and sacrifice ALL those firefighters, police, Port Authority, and EMT's made that day. Without them, thousands more would have perished. They are all in my thoughts today.
    right there with ya!!