New iPod Nano

Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... -CON&sr=em

Just got this email. My first thought was it about how cool it looks, but I'm not sure about the size the more I think about it. Wondering what your thoughts are? I just got my first Nano for Christmas last year, so I don't think I'm ready for a new one yet, I'll probably hold out for an iPod touch after this one quits.
Hearts and thoughts they fade....
fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't care for it. too small.

the best bang for the buck is the classic. it holds a ton more than a nano and only costs a few dollars more.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    This is why the pit struggles these days. It struggles because I only understand one word in this thread title.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 81 wrote:

the best bang for the buck is the classic. it holds a ton more than a nano and only costs a few dollars more.

I was thinking the same thing, I think the classic or the touch is the way to go. I can only imagine digging for that thing in my purse, you might as well get a shuffle and save the difference.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    81 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, I think the classic or the touch is the way to go. I can only imagine digging for that thing in my purse, you might as well get a shuffle and save the difference.

if you are going to get a touch, you might as well just get the iphone and be done with it. love my classic. it sits in my truck hooked up to the headunit with a cable that charges and lets me control it with my head unit. for mobile music, it's perfect.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

if you are going to get a touch, you might as well just get the iphone and be done with it. love my classic. it sits in my truck hooked up to the headunit with a cable that charges and lets me control it with my head unit. for mobile music, it's perfect.

Best usage of "headunit" and "head unit" in one sentence post.

Happy Friday, elitist assholes.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    81 wrote:

yeah i don't know why someone would spend money on something like that when they can just get the classic and not really have worry about running out of space ever. the nano is a waste of money
    www.myspace.com
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    I am a bit torn between the nano and shuffle though i am leaning more towards the shuffle. I never liked the functionality of the last gen shuffle and i am glad they "took a step backwards" and brought back the buttons.

My main reason for leaning towards the shuffle is sweat! I do not want to spend $150 on something that will end up malfunctioning cause i am a sweaty beast while running.
    it's interesting looking at the stats of the classic. they say it will do 6 hours of video on a charge. In reality, it will do maybe a third of that. i've got a couple of movies on mine that i've watched on plane trips. one movie max is what it gets on a charge.

shuffle is nice from a cost perspective, not sure i like the shuffle portion. what if you want to listen to a full concert?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i don't get why they're not doing new classics anymore... the last generation of classic has plenty of room for improvement and the touch doesn't have nearly enough memory for all my music

i'll upgrade to the touch if/when they can match the 160 GB of the classic
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • 81 wrote:

yeah i don't know why someone would spend money on something like that when they can just get the classic and not really have worry about running out of space ever. the nano is a waste of money
    isn't the difference that the classic has an old school rotating hard drive so you're not supposed to run with it... i was told the shaking can fuck it up... whereas the nano has like a digital chip memory so its good for running

clearly i'm not much of a tech guy... i just know what features i do and do not like
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    the classic does have moving parts, which sort of sucks. that said, mine rides in the truck everywhere i go. only once had a problem in two years that a soft reset fixed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    it's interesting looking at the stats of the classic. they say it will do 6 hours of video on a charge. In reality, it will do maybe a third of that. i've got a couple of movies on mine that i've watched on plane trips. one movie max is what it gets on a charge.

shuffle is nice from a cost perspective, not sure i like the shuffle portion. what if you want to listen to a full concert?

new iphone says 7 hours of talk time on 3g. I get 6-7 hours of usage before the battery is completely dead.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    I love my classic, but nothing beats the touch (except maybe the phone). I'd happily sacrifice some memory for 400 billion times the functionality.
    81 wrote:

new iphone says 7 hours of talk time on 3g. I get 6-7 hours of usage before the battery is completely dead.

different device, different battery.

my EVO i think is rated for 6 hours of talk time. if i use it non stop for surfing it will be dead in about 3-4 hours. PJ radio kills it in about 2 hours :cry:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    scb wrote:
    I love my classic, but nothing beats the touch (except maybe the phone). I'd happily sacrifice some memory for 400 billion times the functionality.

i wouldn't sacrafice the space. in my world the ipod is a dedicated music device. my phone handles everything else
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg