Outer Banks?

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So... talk to me about the Outer Banks...

We are leaving Sunday for a week with the family to a house in Duck... Any cool things to check out? great restaurants? cool shops?

Can dogs go to the beach just about anywhere?
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• www.outerbanks.org

site has a lot of good info including events, restaurants, places to stay, etc.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    So... talk to me about the Outer Banks...

We are leaving Sunday for a week with the family to a house in Duck... Any cool things to check out? great restaurants? cool shops?

Can dogs go to the beach just about anywhere?

Outer Banks is an awesome place to sit and relax. Been going for years. Can take dogs and pretty much anything you want onto the beach. Says no bottles on beach but I've taken bottles as well as cans for years. As long as you clean up and don't act like frat boys you won't be hassled. Duck is a pretty quaint little area. Lots of little shops and small restaurants. For more commecial stuff and restaurants you need to head down to Nags Head/Kitty Hawk way. If you are there to relax though it's an awesome place.
  • Just got back from first trip to Corolla, just north of Duck. Great time!! Concur with PJHawks assessment. Good food, great beaches!! Like to fish/crab?? Great for that too......bring a 4x4 vehicle to drive on the 17 mile sand highway just north of Corolla! I'm jealous....want to go back!
    "I know I was born, and I know that I'll die....the in between is Mine!
  • I was there two years ago. It is awesome. Swing by Real Sports in Waves and go Kiteboarding! You can also surf out there too. I'm going back next summer.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • I just spent a week in Duck last month and have been several times in the last few years. It's very laid back and traffic will suck on the weekends. We don't really eat out that much when we're there so I don't really have any recommendations other than Duck Donuts!
  • Thanks...

I'd like to do the 4x4 sand beach thing, but just reading about it, our vehicle (chevy traverse) might not be great for it.

Laid back and relaxing is perfect for us. We'll be doing some fishing too. I'm just happy that the weather looks excellent.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Loved it there, they have brew throughs, drive up windows to purchase beer :lol:

first time I ever saw that

it is a great place, all around
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    lots of good food
    the last time we were there (2 years past) dogs were allowed on the beach after 5pm
    have a blast!
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"