Options

Army Reserve main chord

JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
edited September 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, I love that song but I think I have problems figuring out what specific chord Stone is playing (it's only one simple chord, the one that starts and ends the song, played over and over again).. the rest of the song is kinda simple to figure out, but this one chord.. damn.. I searched around for tabs but, as usual, they just don't sound right to me.. so I play that chord this way: 6th string (low E) on 7th fret, 4th string (D) open, 3rd sting (G) on 9th fret, 2nd string (B) on 7th fret, the 5th (A) and 1st (high E) string are not sounded/played..
so, what do you think? any of you have a better sounding chord? let me know :)
ps: I'm pretty sure the tuning is standard, anyway
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I love the song. I always found the following to work, for me. I think it's what Stone plays live.

E 7
    A 0
    D 0
    G 9
    B x
    e x
    If you feel sassy, make the B and e 7, as well.
    Studio, there are two chords being played simultaneously.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I love the song. I always found the following to work, for me. I think it's what Stone plays live.

E 7
    A 0
    D 0
    G 9
    B x
    e x

yes, studio is a combination of two chords, impossible to recreate that sound with just one guitar..
    anyway, your chord is pretty similar to mine, except that I tend to stop the A string.. seems good too, thanks for your suggestion
  • Options
    robcascie wrote:

E 7
    A 0
    D 0
    G 9
    B x
    e x

yes, studio is a combination of two chords, impossible to recreate that sound with just one guitar..
    anyway, your chord is pretty similar to mine, except that I tend to stop the A string.. seems good too, thanks for your suggestion
    No prob. Glad I could help. I love playing the song and using effects.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy