Anyone Try Electronic Cigs?

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I need to quit and think this may help while giving that nicotine fix....any success stories?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just do it cold turkey style, just stay off the expressways and out of construction zones.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    just do it cold turkey style, just stay off the expressways and out of construction zones.

don't take advice from a smoking baby...

e-cigs are basically mini vaporizers, heard lots of people have been able to quit using them, they sell the cartridges in different mg strengths....basically like Nicorette. I might buy one, I'm more addicted to the whole 'act' of smoking rather then the nicotine. There are flavored cartridges too, pina coloda, vanilla, cherry etc. Search on the web, ebay doesn't have them (illegal to sell on there or something).
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    cold turkey is the way to go....it's a couple weeks of hell, but its over pretty quick.

my plan was to quit on new years eve at midnight, but going forward i could smoke on new years eves in future years.

i quit, went a year, had one the following year on new years. took maybe 3 puffs and i've not touched one since.

it's all about really wanting to quit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I was a smoker for 12 years...It took me a year to quit(for real)once I decided to do it..I didn't use any inhalers or gum mainly because I couldn't afford to..Once you get the physical and then mental addiction out of your system you're home free...You just really have to want to stop..not stop because someone else wants you to or because cig prices are crazy but because YOU want it..I wish I could go back and punch myself right in my stupid cigarette mouth every time I lit one..Sorry I dont have any info on the electronic cigs but I can tell you this...If you think it will work for you try it but ultimately you need to rely on yourself...Stay strong..No matter how you do it.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    81 wrote:

So, if you're in Illinois, stay put?

:D
    oona left wrote:
    81 wrote:

So, if you're in Illinois, stay put?

:D
    They are so retarded here. I take a four lane street to work. Well its been down to two lane over a three mile stretch for repavement sine early june. Well today the decided to make it a one lane road during morning rush hour. Idiots
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My mom finally quit after about 40 years of smoking. 35 years of my nagging didn't make her do it, the pills didn't do it, all the other patches and tricks never worked. The only thing that worked for her in the end is that she finally made up her mind to do it. She had to have the mindset to to it. Up to that point, she never really wanted to do it. Once she finally made that choice, she was able to do it without any aids of any kind. Just will power, a lot of will power, because that is what it will take. So just do it!!! Good luck :D
  • I got e-cigs in the mail a few days ago, it's helped me cut down. It gives you the feel of smoking but it is something to get used to. You smoke differently with them, since there is no time limit... you don't have to smoke it til it's gone anymore. Also, you're body will crave all the other crap that's in smokes even with the e-cig, so even when vaping you'll have withdrawal symptoms. I cut down to half a pack vs. a full pack a day with them, and I'm sure that it'll help me cut down more the longer I do it.

I tried "green smoke" because of how long they've been around but there are less expensive ones out there that seem popular. Blu is a popular brand, as well as smoke 51. The others I just don't know about but green smoke is easy as there are no refills and only two pieces, the cig and the filter (cartridge with the liquid), so it's easy to deal with. You can charge them either plug in or USB, and you get a 100 and a king. So, you can always have one charging.

Each filter is equivalent to about 1 1/2 packs.... also, keep in mind that e-cigs contain propylene glycol which is found in food coloring and fog machines. That's what provides the "smoke" when you exhale. It does kind of taste sweet, and similar to what a fog machine "smells" like, even if flavored as tobacco. I noticed it right away, but it's not too bad.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    My sister and her husband use them. They love them. But they haven't quit smoking. And it's been about 3 years now.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    electronic cigs? i find that shocking.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Some guy on fml wrote that it was actually like smoking a real cig. So much so, that he absentmindedly flipped it through his car window once he had had enough :lol:
    More seriously though, IMO it's like diet soda in a diet, it can help yet you still get the taste of it, thus don't get rid of the habit.
    couldn't help myself this weekend

Cigarette-Butts-Photo.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg