Options

Eddie has never been more missed...

TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328
edited July 2008 in The Porch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBXqb55Qgw

Seriously? I didn't think Chris Cornell had it in him to stoop this low! (This is from Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution tour going around the country this summer)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    I was at project revolution last on Saturday in Camden and I purposely missed Chris Cornell because I knew he would do something to piss me off! He is super talented but he is also a self centered asshole. Wow, I am glad I missed that!

I just searched the Pearl Jam Cover Song Database and PJ has played that song 22 times, so I guess Cornell has a right to cover it too. So, I kinda take back what I said but I am still glad I missed it and I still do not like Chris Cornell.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    already giant thread about this.
  • Options
    better than many of the guests Ed has sang with (the singers from Sleater-Kinney and Wolfmother come to mind).
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Chris Cornell can do whatever the fuck he wants to. Eddie doesn't own that song.
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Chris Cornell can do whatever the fuck he wants to. Eddie doesn't own that song.
    Really.......I say play it often....now there are thousands more fans who will love it and keep it alive forever!!! Share the love!!
    Peace
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314

True - but I am still allowed to make fun of his new hair
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    mjb wrote:
    True - but I am still allowed to make fun of his new hair

Hell you want to talk about hair, Ed's the one that needs the new do - I can't stand that long bushy crap

but, I guess he likes it because he's had it for a while :D
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,128
    Why the hell would this piss someone off?

There sure are a lot of people that liek ot hate things for no good reason on this board.

Stoop this low???? Give it a rest. Your hero Eddie sang about how awful models were...then he married one. People change.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hell you want to talk about hair, Ed's the one that needs the new do - I can't stand that long bushy crap

thats over the line! Ed has to keep the hair. he looks weird with short hair.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    yeh MSG 03 he looked very stupid.

I think even Bena 03 looked better.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

There sure are a lot of people that liek ot hate things for no good reason on this board.

Stoop this low???? Give it a rest. Your hero Eddie sang about how awful models were...then he married one. People change.

Thank you. It's as if Cornell murdered someone becasue he played "Hunger Strike" People need to relax.
  • Options
    ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    I BrisK I wrote:
    already giant thread about this.

Yes

And who cares? Cornell has never stooped so low? Are you kidding me? No one else can sing this song? How about PJ playing it with the dude from Wolfmother? To me that was awful. Even the Slater Kinney (sp?) sounded awful
  • Options
    Ed has never been more missed? I'm pretty sure Ed probably cares about this 100000x less than some of the people on this forum. Just as I'm sure Chris doesn't really worry about it when PJ play it with whoever they choose. This is such a non-issue.
  • Options
    totally agree - not really sure why this is a big deal at all - not like some random guy singing it
    9/1/2000 - E-Centre, Camden, 'Sometimes' started and I was hooked...
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBXqb55Qgw

Seriously? I didn't think Chris Cornell had it in him to stoop this low! (This is from Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution tour going around the country this summer)
    Stoop this low as to sing his own song?

What part of "Temple of the Dog" was Chris' band, don't you people understand? He wrote most of the music, lyrics and was the lead singer. He can perform any of those songs anytime he wants to. And he does them well, considering they are his songs.

Sheesh, some people need to lighten up.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    We all have opinions wether we like that Chris dueted with Chester or not.........chill the eff out people!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Stoop this low as to sing his own song?

What part of "Temple of the Dog" was Chris' band, don't you people understand? He wrote most of the music, lyrics and was the lead singer. He can perform any of those songs anytime he wants to. And he does them well, considering they are his songs.

Sheesh, some people need to lighten up.

X2... to me, looks like Eddie got replaced 16 years later by the dude from Linkin Park. Vedder does a guest spot and now this guy.

I can't get over how many tight-asses there are around here. Holy Christ...
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119

Amen brother.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Ok. Chris can do whatever he wants, but! it was very bad idea to open the link to youtube. I wish I have never hear it.
    Bad taste in my.. ears
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328
    Wow, typical verbal rape on this board after really just putting it out there!

Maybe it's because I was lucky enough to see Eddie and Chris do the song together on the same stage in Santa Barbara back in '03, and I actually wasn't aware of the Wolfmother or Sleater-Kinney duets, but I just think that Linkin Park is such crap compared to how great the music of the early 90's was.

And no, I didn't realize there was another huge thread about this already, how can you even keep track when a thread from 15 minutes ago is 5 pages deep?

Chester deserves to be on the same stage duetting with fucking Paramore, not someone with the resume of Chris Cornell.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I wonder if this thread will stretch to eight pages of nonsense like the last one.

The search function is my friend!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    TallGuyCM wrote:
    And no, I didn't realize there was another huge thread about this already, how can you even keep track when a thread from 15 minutes ago is 5 pages deep?

Search function.

Plus the fact that it was on the front page when you posted this, on account of it was eight pages long and still being bumped.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

really?
    I love that do! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    clark_kentclark_kent Posts: 166
    kinda telling that cornell now sings the low part and the other guy handles the highs.
    "You've never been out of college, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector... they expect results." -Ray

Denny Crane!
  • Options
    everybody needs to get paid
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Get over yourself people. It's just music.. I have three Linkin Park, no four Linkin Park albums on my computer.. And I've listened to them.. And I enjoyed them.

I'm also a music snob who hates Nickelback, Creed, Staind and so forth, but take away all the radio bullshit, and Linkin Park has some good music.. Trust me.

My playlist consists of Pearl Jam, The Shins, My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon and Linkin Park.. Sue me. :p
  • Options
    abyanksabyanks Posts: 59
    i said this already in other thread but it pissed me off

tonight at jones beach chris said theres no one else hed rather sing with than w/e linkin parks singers name is

eddie dis
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I sang this song once in the back parking lot of a bar and it sounded awesome. But then again I was pretty drunk.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175

Pretty much
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285

Beautifully brilliant.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace