Got a Killer WAH coming! Wah lovers unite!

ryanevolutionryanevolution Posts: 782
edited September 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ordered an awesome wah today and it is going to arrive friday before a huge gig I have saturday afternoon. I have always felt that the wah is a critical part of my guitar voice. Many years ago now, I had my cry baby wah stolen. I have never replaced it until now. I have a wah-like pedal on my gnx4 mfx pedal but its not like a real dedicated wah.

Anyhow I ordered a fulltone clyde deluxe today. It will be arriving friday. I can not wait!!

Any other wah lovers out there?! Anyone else have a clyde deluxe?
Evolution Music Studios presents:
DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i am not familiar with the fulltone wah, but anything by them is pretty much badass....

i am sort of a wah enthusiast myself. i have had many of them over the years. i had an old crybaby thats like 14 years old that was just too squawky for my ears so i eventually invested in the following...i had a zakk wylde wah which really did not suit the music i was playing a few years ago. it was just too much...over the top like...then i got the slash wah and i had a similar experience with that one as the wylde one..it was just too much and i did not like trying to trip that little switch on the side for some added oomph so i took that one back. i have settled on a budda bud-wah that i got some years ago. i think that is an all around good sounding wah and fits my needs just right. i play vintage amps and it complements them well IMO...

good luck with your new purchase!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Ordered an awesome wah today and it is going to arrive friday before a huge gig I have saturday afternoon. I have always felt that the wah is a critical part of my guitar voice. Many years ago now, I had my cry baby wah stolen. I have never replaced it until now. I have a wah-like pedal on my gnx4 mfx pedal but its not like a real dedicated wah.

Anyhow I ordered a fulltone clyde deluxe today. It will be arriving friday. I can not wait!!

Any other wah lovers out there?! Anyone else have a clyde deluxe?

I've got a clyde deluxe. Been through a few wahs - all beat to shit and to their respective ends. The clyde is a monster of a wah, does all the voicings that I'd ever want and then some. I love the added volume when you engage the wah - great for a lead boost!
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Great wah...Not so "set it and forget it" as other wahs. All the settings are usable and the boost is handy. First time you plug it in and use it, it will blow your mind how great it sounds.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Great wah...Not so "set it and forget it" as other wahs. All the settings are usable and the boost is handy. First time you plug it in and use it, it will blow your mind how great it sounds.
    I've got a clyde deluxe. Been through a few wahs - all beat to shit and to their respective ends. The clyde is a monster of a wah, does all the voicings that I'd ever want and then some. I love the added volume when you engage the wah - great for a lead boost!

You guys echo a lot of what i've heard...This gig saturday is in a huge outdoor park with several thousand people to attend. I will get to BLAST with this! Big sound system. Great soundman.

I play a PRS burst (which im holding in my avatar pic) and an 87 japanese superstrat (white). Running through Boss tu-3, CLYDE (so soon!), Fulltone OCD, MXR Carbon Copy, Jamman Solo (looper). My main amp is a Victoria Regal II (45 watt).
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm