Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

I respect the band a million times more

2

Comments

  • I had a sirloin steak for dinner (Medium Rare).....and I don't own a pet......so do you have no respect for me?

    None Whatsoever.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    for every burger you don't eat, i eat 2
    I'm going to assume your also a little tubby.. Being a veggie isn't always about animal rights. Its often for health reasons. I love my burgers, but would consider taking a more healthy approach to my food choices.

    I'm getting a George Forman grill for xmas, so I don't think that is going to help my cause.
  • LizardLizard So CalPosts: 11,984
    I'm going to assume your also a little tubby.. Being a veggie isn't always about animal rights. Its often for health reasons. I love my burgers, but would consider taking a more healthy approach to my food choices.

    I'm getting a George Forman grill for xmas, so I don't think that is going to help my cause.


    it will if you grill your veggies :D
    Is it over yet? #ITMFA  #ETTD
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,211
    halv wrote:
    I just never understand why people have to write stuff like this^ when people talk about animal rights or vegetarianism.

    becos it's funny how seriously people like you take yourself. your self-righteousness is comic.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    becos it's funny how seriously people like you take yourself. your self-righteousness is comic.
    So you're saying people whom hold opinions should not take their own opinions seriously? I don't get it?

    Whats the point of an opinion then?

    They say the easiest way to address an opinion that differs from your own is to belittle it through humor..


    That said.. I want a burger! :p
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,328
    i support vegitarians. All the more meat for me............
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • jeffbrjeffbr SeattlePosts: 7,177
    I like Vedder in spite of his support for PETA, not because of it. They are one of the most fucking obnoxious organizations in existance. They do more harm than good with their policies of alienation.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • halv wrote:
    See above......


    well that information is very useful in a discussion about animal rights/vegetarianism since that's what the group PETA is all about. a discussion means you weigh all sides of an argument. not blindly follow and praise one and bash anyone who supports the other. just because you believe something doesn't mean there isn't another angle to it or some factual information that might be detrimental to the discussion. jeez. can you honestly not see why someone might post that article in a thread about animal rights?
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJPosts: 3,428
    stranger34 wrote:
    See I can respect that. If you have a farm and you treat your animals well and when it is time you are willing to kill them yourself (I never could) then go right ahead. I am most concerned with the McMurder types who eat meat three meals a day and it doesn't even cross their mind that what they are eating was once alive and most likely mistreated.

    our ancestors ate meat to stay alive. i think what worked for them, works for me. plus, different body types/metabolisms have different food requirements. for example, my husband eats meat at least 3 times a day. if he doesn't, his body doesn't function at its highest level & he's weak. we eat mostly organic, grass-fed, free range, etc food; eating meat 3x day doesn't make one thoughtless nor do I lament the poor animal I'm eating for dinner. i listen to my body and eat what i need to in order to function.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

    Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    example, my husband eats meat at least 3 times a day. if he doesn't, his body doesn't function at its highest level & he's weak.
    He's weak without meat 3 times a day??? Does he eat steak for breakfast?.. Thats a little odd. Maybe he should see a doctor. Nothing wrong with meat. We've evolved with it as part of our diet. PART.. not our whole diet.. and its not that far back that it wasn't part of our diet at all.. I probably eat meat 1 to 2 times a day, but I wouldn't get "weak" if I didn't.

    You don't need meat to be healthy. The only good thing from meat is protein, and that can be obtained from nuts and beans.

    P.S. If he's feeling weak, he should eat more carbohydrates and granola bars.. or see a doctor. Meat 3 times a day, especially red meat could eventually lead to heart disease.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,095
    that's great and all... but come on, you know how good a juicy burger and juicy steak tastes????
    Mmmm, steak and burgers!!! Pot roast!!! All pig products....mmmm bacon!!! Turkey and chicken!!!!! SEAFOOD!!!!!
  • Can someone point me to something where Ed has said, "I support PETA"? Because, i had no idea.

    ..and honestly, it makes me lose just a little respect for him. PETA seems to be more propaganda than anything else.
  • IF humans were designed to eat only Vegetables, berries and fruit our jaw, teeth and stomach would be suited to that. But we are not like that.
    Our diet requires a balance of meats and vegetables as well as fruits etc.

    Also we farm animals so we do not have to hunt them. so animal libbers need to make their minds either we hunt for food or we farm for food.
    treating the animals well should be top priority though
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Krisdababe wrote:
    Can someone point me to something where Ed has said, "I support PETA"? Because, i had no idea.

    I don't know about Ed, specifically, but in the Activism section of Pearl Jam's website, under Non-Profits, PETA is listed under Animal Protection Organizations as one of the organizations that the band supports, financially or otherwise.

    http://www.pearljam.com/activism/nonprofit.php
  • danny wrote:
    most of all respect for the music!

    It's one of those things that you don't have control on. It's human nature to like like-minded people, although it's politically incorrect. It's would be almost uncivil to admit your favor publicly for a similar-thinking individual or entity but we all know that it's one of the most primitive of human psyches. How can one be completely objective?
  • ardyardy Posts: 53
    i respect other people's opinions and beliefs...to each their own, it's your business, like my business is mine... but don't be hypocritical about it. case in point: i work with a doctor who claims she is a vegan one day, a vegetarian the next. she wears leather boots & shoes, carries a leather bag and drives a huge SUV with leather interior. she'll eat milk products and cheeses, while chastising the rest of us for our food choices, then says she's vegan. monday she was spouting off about animal cruelty, blah, blah, blah...yesterday she ate a sausage mcbiscuit thing with cheese for breakfast...so, yeah.

    it's kinda like born again non-smokers. you know, the smokers who have quit, and then have the nerve to get on the case of everyone else who smokes. b*tch, please.

    do your part, whatever makes you happy, whatever enhances your life. but understand that everyone is not like you. if i lived and died by whatever vedder supported or didn't support, i'd never leave my house.
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • .....but I also love steak...
    "No need to be void,...or save up on life...You got to spend it all....."
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,945
    Just curious, why do some people consider it unethical for people to eat meat when there are many animals whose diet is primarily meat(not to mention many animals that would happily snack on some human if they were given the opportunity)?
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Just curious, why do some people consider it unethical for people to eat meat when there are many animals whose diet is primarily meat(not to mention many animals that would happily snack on some human if they were given the opportunity)?

    Because it's natural. The animals aren't mass produced and slaughtered and taken care of like less than living beings. I think veggies would be happier if we went hunting wild animals to eat and only to support our needs.
    I think veggies and hunters have a lot in common.
  • Just curious, why do some people consider it unethical for people to eat meat when there are many animals whose diet is primarily meat(not to mention many animals that would happily snack on some human if they were given the opportunity)?

    Because humans are a civil society.
    These Animals you talked about also hump their sisters and mothers. In some species like lions and tigers its customary for the male to kill the young ones so that they can mate with the mother asap.
    Human beings on the other hand had evolved over the years. They too when primitive did the same things (humping sisters , killing young ones) but they changed. And now their is law against that stuff. During the evolution lot of things that were OK before became UNETHICAL. Like polygamy was OK in the primitive societies but now its uncool. Also things like slavary, racism etc have weathered away slowy. Mind you some these things were perfectly fine a 100 years ago actually it would have been wrong to raise a eyebrow against racism a 100 years ago but now these are a strict NO-NO.

    So you see humans evolved and a lot of stuff that was OK and part of life became totally wrong, unethical or illegal. I bet a 1000 years ago the words 'unethical' and 'illegal' did not even exist.

    Vegetarianism or "caring for animals" was a non-existant theme 500 years ago ,humans used the beast and then got rid of it when the purpouse was served but now people atleast talk about it.
  • ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    animals are on this planet to be eaten.
    i want to be enlightened

    like i want to be told the end
  • ihavadog wrote:
    animals are on this planet to be eaten.

    Your great-great-great grandfather would have said "niggers are on this planet to be our slaves". No offence intended, its just the truth.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    PETA is a motherfucker..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    PETA is a motherfucker..

    I bet some of them are.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Your great-great-great grandfather would have said "niggers are on this planet to be our slaves". No offence intended, its just the truth.


    Maybe your grandfather said that....bigot.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive


  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I wish dogs and cats were acceptable to eat because I am getting bored with pigs and cows. I need NEW meat! New animals to eat!

    If humans tasted good I would probably eat them too.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive


  • ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    Your great-great-great grandfather would have said "niggers are on this planet to be our slaves". No offence intended, its just the truth.

    i woundn't bet on that. my ggg- grandfather was irish (probably a slave himself ) it's a simple fact that animals are here to be eaten just like you're here to pro-create.

    humans fucking think to much
    i want to be enlightened

    like i want to be told the end
  • Danimal wrote:
    Maybe your grandfather said that....bigot.

    Yes i'm pretty sure he did. Such were the times.
  • ihavadog wrote:
    i woundn't bet on that. my ggg- grandfather was irish (probably a slave himself ) it's a simple fact that animals are here to be eaten just like you're here to pro-create.

    humans fucking think to much

    I'm sorry didn't mean to offend you. It was just an example to point to the changing mentality. sorry again
  • ihavadogihavadog Posts: 146
    I'm sorry didn't mean to offend you. It was just an example to point to the changing mentality. sorry again

    none taken. i see your point.
    i want to be enlightened

    like i want to be told the end
Sign In or Register to comment.