good recipes

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm inspired to start this thread after trying the "eggs in purgatory" dish that someone else posted about a couple weeks ago. It was delish and we're king of stuck in a rut as far as new recipes go. So, feel free to post a favorite or new recipe you've recently tried.
One of my fave things to make is skirt steak with an asian glaze. I simply season and grill the steak to desired temp (i prefer med rare). I dice up some fresh ginger and garlic and saute in a little olive oil for just a couple minutes. I then add about a cup of soy sauce, a qtr cup of orange juice and let that simmer for about 10 minutes. I then add a few scoops of brown sugar to offset the saltiness of the reduced soy. You can add more OJ if still too salty. Then, depending on consistency I add a little flour or corn starch just to thicken it to a nice paste but be sure to whisk/stir constantly or it will lump up. Slice the steak and serve sauce either on top or on side. I like to make blackened green beans on the side.
We were but stones your light made us stars