Hoarders

Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
edited September 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone watch this show? These people are more than hoarders, they are pigs!!
It is so gross. I have no idea how the people who go in and help can deal with this.
They find dead animals under all the trash.
I cannot believe how the "hoarders" give such resistance to getting help. They are happy living like that???
They live in their own feces, with dead animals and all kinds of the worse things you can imagine.
Does anyone else watch. I do.
I'm addicted to watching, I think cuz I can't believe it. And there are lots of these kinds of people.
I will never think of my home as messy again!!!
Save room for dessert!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I have a difficult time watching the show more than 10 minutes.... I think its very sad.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't watch it but my daughter has. She too says it's sad but also scary as to what can happen with the mind.
    I told her not to watch it, young people worry enough about being crazy without that, it's all so fragile.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I think most people are hoarders these days (but the ones on the TV are really bad, obviously).

Heck, IMO if you can't park your car in your garage due to all the crap you own, then you are a hoarder.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • It's amazing the mental disorder that they have, that leads them to do this (and fight so hard to keep it).

The dirty ones on the show really gross me out... Some people just have A LOT of stuff, and it just needs cleaned out and organized, but many of them are just filthy pigs... The dirt, dust, rodents, shit, old food, etc that they don't clean is sick.. some of them can't even use their bathrooms anymore which makes me gag. One lady on that show said she hasn't take out trash in over a year... WTF???

Some people on that show have had their kids taken away because of the mess, and still resist getting rid of stuff... wtf is wrong with people?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    mikalina wrote:
    I have a difficult time watching the show more than 10 minutes.... I think its very sad.
    Me too. I read the other day how popular this show is, which bothers me. Do the majority of people really enjoy viewing trainwrecks on TV for amusement? These poor people are truly ill and they shouldn't be voyeured; they need help more than anything else.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i watch it every now and then....

it's crazy how much crap some people have.

i agree with the garage thing. if you can't put your car in your garage, you have to much junk. my neighbors across the street fit this description. they have one car that is always parked in the driveway and a two car garage that has a walkway down the middle. from what i can tell, the living space is clean.

we have two cars at my house, both go in the garage and our house is pretty clutter free. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    We have a crawl space...all my hoarding is hidden away... ;)

But seriously, that show freaks me out...it reminds me of my Grandmother's place. She kept everything. She grew up during the Great Depression, and was taught to keep everything, because it could be used again for something. But despite her clutter, her house was spotless...no dust, or garbage, or rotting food...that's the stuff that freaks me out and makes the show hard to watch...
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Does anyone watch this show? These people are more than hoarders, they are pigs!!
    It is so gross. I have no idea how the people who go in and help can deal with this.
    They find dead animals under all the trash.
    I cannot believe how the "hoarders" give such resistance to getting help. They are happy living like that???
    They live in their own feces, with dead animals and all kinds of the worse things you can imagine.
    Does anyone else watch. I do.
    I'm addicted to watching, I think cuz I can't believe it. And there are lots of these kinds of people.
    I will never think of my home as messy again!!!

I work with people who have major mental health issues and have had my fair share of going into places with resembles places you would see on the show. I find the show to be great as it shows people not just as "pigs" but shows the Mental health issues that many people deal with.
  • I saw a car filled with garbage the other day. Literally, like someone dumped garbage bags from a dumpsters and filled their car to the roof. I don't know if it was a sick joke, but I don't want to know why.

I am the complete opposite. I have a cleaning/organization OCD. I probably need help too.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I watched two shows early labor day. These were mild hoarders but previews of rats and fleas and roaches kept me from watching any more.
    I did watch enough to not mind the clutter around my house so much.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Those people are so in need of help...

Having said that, now I'm thinking we really need to empty out the attic. But if we do that, then what will occupy my nephew when we die? I always tell my closest nephew that my plan is to pack the attic with so much crap that he'll be mad at us when he has to clear it all out after our demise, which will help him move through the grief process.

He's not buying it, though.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    These people should be dipped in gasoline, set on fire, and then run over with a tank.

Thought I might try on a Chadwick response for a change...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    eyedclaar wrote:
    These people should be dipped in gasoline, set on fire, and then run over with a tank.

Thought I might try on a Chadwick response for a change...

Hmmmm. I'm not sure it suits you.

Why don't you try on something in a carnivore, or perhaps a scary basement would be more flattering for your figure?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I occasionally tune into it. My husband and I were talking about this yesterday. I just don't get it. I understand it's a mental disorder and I can ever understand those who have it triggered my a horrific loss of a loved one, but I just don't get how anybody can live in that. I don't understand the void that is filled by hanging onto old meat wrappers? Disgusting.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I occasionally tune into it. My husband and I were talking about this yesterday. I just don't get it. I understand it's a mental disorder and I can ever understand those who have it triggered my a horrific loss of a loved one, but I just don't get how anybody can live in that. I don't understand the void that is filled by hanging onto old meat wrappers? Disgusting.

meat wrappers are just being lazy.

but yeah, it's nuts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Once and a while I'll watch a few minutes of the show then order my wife to clean up the house while i switch over to the Yankee game
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I've seen a couple shows. F'n NASTY!

I'm more or less a minimalist. Just keep what's necessary...

I grew up in a nice "upper middle-class" neighborhood. Our next door neighbors were hoarders. Just tons and tons of shit!
    While they made good money, they were also some of the cheapest people on the earth.

I just don't get it...
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    New episode on Monday! The hoarder is one of the worst Dr. Zazio has ever worked with. YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/episode-guide/season-6/debra-amp-patty-68#68

:D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    unreal! cages fulla chickens, chicks, other birds & another house has one dozen rabbits living in the vvalls & hatnot. gotta love the shit & piss many feet thick. torch these fuckin shitholes
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    chadwick said:

unreal! cages fulla chickens, chicks, other birds & another house has one dozen rabbits living in the vvalls & hatnot. gotta love the shit & piss many feet thick. torch these fuckin shitholes

Still no dubya, huh? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14