Usage NOW compared to "old" pit...

yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I hardly post anymore, since this place was changed from the old pit...anyone else changed their posting habits?

Just feels, too big :?
"....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    I liked the pit because it was big.

I think the forum now is a little too small. I mean look at this place. It's empty!

There's never more than 100 people here. 72 registered is the most I've seen recently on a non-ticket sale day. Half aren't posting. divided by 12 or whatever.

Why am I doing math, I forget.....

The pit felt like a party.

This feels like.... well, a message board. :wtf:
  • we lost a lot of good people when the board switched over. i thought the old board was better, but not everyone wanted to pay for posting rights, so i can understand that as well. i did not come around for a long time after that, but in the last year or so i have posted more frequently than i used to.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    This place isn't the same. As I type this I am one of 2 on the AET. It's a shame but I don't think it will ever return to the way it was.
  • NOTHING WILL BEAT THE BEGINNING OF THE PIT :cry:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    NOTHING WILL BEAT THE BEGINNING OF THE PIT :cry:
    When exactly did it begin? I joined in 2006 and it was pretty active then, it was sometimes difficult keeping up with all the posts in threads you were involved in. You don't have to be a fan club member to be a fan of a band and it would be good if it went back to open usage.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    id like to say i post as much as i ever did, but truth be told there are a few people missing that i use to bounce off.. oh sure i post as much crap(quality wise) as i ever did but its not the same.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I post the same amount.
    I miss how busy the other one was. Lots of people lots of topics to talk about.

Now it is "exclusive" which is disapointing.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I post the same amount.

well you can blame having to pay for the privilege for that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    intodeep wrote:
    I post the same amount.

how much did you pay?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    intodeep wrote:
    I post the same amount.

how much did you pay?

:lol:

bite me jeags. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • nuffingman wrote:
    When exactly did it begin? I joined in 2006 and it was pretty active then, it was sometimes difficult keeping up with all the posts in threads you were involved in. You don't have to be a fan club member to be a fan of a band and it would be good if it went back to open usage.

the orginal one was late 90's early 00's

then it went to the one that we all loved like 03 ish or so

and here we are
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

and here we are
    Thanks. Didn't realise it had been going so long.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Don't know much of the old pit,
    I posted a few times, got my head bit off once! I think cause I'm in the south :?
    Then I shied away for awhile.
    I got moved to this one and people are very kind here,
    nicer and more loving fans. :D
  • nuffingman wrote:

and here we are
    I sometimes refer to the '03 one as "The Almighty Blue One"...

Okay, not really.

It felt like we all kinda knew each other better...
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • My usage is waaaaaay down compared to the last version of the board. I had some trouble getting my user profile/name set even though I was a member and a lot of people from the old board leaving turned me off of this place for a while. It's only been since June of this year that I started posting regularly again.
  • pandora wrote:
    I posted a few times, got my head bit off once! I think cause I'm in the south :?
    Did you start the "Please play the south" thread? :twisted: :lol:
    pandora wrote:
    That was the thread where I had my head bitten off! :lol: It wasn't Pandora though.
  • pandora wrote:
    being from the South is definitely not the problem :D

I'm guessing you just had a run in with a hothead
    pandora wrote:
    no I didn't start it :lol: I would say thank God but I like the thread ;) it is very empowering
    funny thing was I was quoting lyrics from a Jack White song, about how it might never be enough for a fan,whatever their idol does and whammo got attacked cause I'm here in Ga! I think I was called a whiner :lol:
    nuffingman wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    That was the thread where I had my head bitten off! :lol: It wasn't Pandora though.
    That must be the thread where heads roll! :lol:
    pandora wrote:

I'm thinking it was a little of both! ;)
  • usage way down. don't have much to say anymore. inspiration and creativity have deteriorated. maybe i have less spare time to fuck around here nowadays. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • usage way down. don't have much to say anymore. inspiration and creativity have deteriorated. maybe i have less spare time to fuck around here nowadays. :D
    See, as I recall it, the pit before this one, was WAY funnier...such threads as "Caption This" featuring a picture of Luke Skywalker carrying Yoda in a rucksack on his back, and "C'mon Fess Up", which had everyone admitting to their weird habits - those are the type of threads I miss!

It seems a tad serious in here, compared to the last one...

I'm not trying to bag this place out (much), but I find it hard to WANT to post here nowdays (excluding today ;) )
  • pandora wrote:
    no I didn't start it :lol: I would say thank God but I like the thread ;) it is very empowering
    funny thing was I was quoting lyrics from a Jack White song, about how it might never be enough for a fan,whatever their idol does and whammo got attacked cause I'm here in Ga! I think I was called a whiner :lol:
    I am hearing you on the Jack White song!

And if you're a whiner, what does that make me? :?

All hail the AET, where most things go...except music/PJ talk *points to the porch* :lol:
    usage way down. don't have much to say anymore. inspiration and creativity have deteriorated. maybe i have less spare time to fuck around here nowadays. :D
    See, as I recall it, the pit before this one, was WAY funnier...such threads as "C'mon Fess Up", which had everyone admitting to their weird habits - those are the type of threads I miss!
    Unfortunately they are the threads that seem to get locked now. A thread a few months ago was locked after about 14 posts. It seemed pretty harmless but I had a warning. Don't blame us for not trying. :lol::lol:
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    way more characters on the old pit, but oh well, i don't loose sleep over it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    nuffingman wrote:

and here we are
    I sometimes refer to the '03 one as "The Almighty Blue One"...

Okay, not really.

It felt like we all kinda knew each other better...

maybe you would feel like we all knew you better now if you didn't disapear once the old one went away. ;)

this one isn't as good, but its really not all that different. took some getting used to though.

i miss gtp! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I joined in 2007 and really liked the old pit, but I really have no problems with it now either. Sure, there aren't as many people and I didn't really make acquaintances until the new pit but I enjoy seeing all the familiar faces around here.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    pandora wrote:

I got my share of roasting on the old pit too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • maybe you would feel like we all knew you better now if you didn't disapear once the old one went away. ;)

this one isn't as good, but its really not all that different. took some getting used to though.

i miss gtp! :mrgreen:
    I didnt so much as disappear...as I recall a lot of peoples user names changed and werent we all stuck with weird numbers and characters for a bit? I hung around but had no idea who was who :lol:

Meh, maybe I found the transition harder than others :)

In any case, I was curious to see others opinions on their postage compared to the last pit.