Fall TV season

unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Caught a preview show last night and thought the new "Hawaii 5-0" might have some potential as campy fun. And maybe "Mike and Molly" if it isn't all all about making fun of overweight people.

Anything out there interest you?
15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    not currently...I used to get excited about shows, watch and like them (Pushing Daisies, Heros, Reaper) and then when I really get into it, the network cancels the show. :twisted:
    Best not to love a show and then they axe it. :cry:

Thank goodness they kept Chuck...well for one more season...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Waiting for Memphis Blues, new this past summer, to come back. Loving the music and "Earl". I think it moves to Fridays, not a good TV night for us, we'll have to record.
    And The Big Bang Theory, new season, new night, Thursdays, that's 8-)
    new shows.....
    Just the comedy of telemarketers from India, that looks hilarious. JB is looking forward to Hawaii 5-0 that was a favorite of his years ago.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    HBO is where it is at:
    Boardwalk Empire (first episode directed by Martin Scorsasse and then he oversees production on rest)
    East Bound & Down
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I'm looking forward to:
    The Office
    Survivor
    Criminal Minds

I'll probably give Boardwalk Empire a try as it looks like it has some potential. Plus, I need something to take the place of Heroes....
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I'm really only looking forward to Survivor. I watch a lot of TLC, Discovery, History and A&E therefore i'm pretty much in the dark as to what new shows are premiering.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    Jukee wrote:
    I'm really only looking forward to Survivor. I watch a lot of TLC, Discovery, History and A&E therefore i'm pretty much in the dark as to what new shows are premiering.

I am a Survivor addict...been watching since Richard Hatch..... :oops:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I don't even think of TV as seasons now. I usually wait until a good series is over and then just stream them in order over a shorter period of time from Netflix.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • oh...forgot about House...although if the character's personal story lines stay on par as last season, I'll probably quit watching as I think last season was kind of weak...
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    4and20 wrote:
    Jukee wrote:

I am a Survivor addict...been watching since Richard Hatch..... :oops:

Don't worry your secret is safe with me...and i'll admit i've been watching it just as long.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • intodeep wrote:
    HBO is where it is at:
    Boardwalk Empire (first episode directed by Martin Scorsasse and then he oversees production on rest)
    East Bound & Down

Yes on both of these
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    :o oh crap

I forgot to mention AMC's series "The Walking Dead" that starts on October 31st

it is gonna be a great zombie series!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    HBO is where it is at:
    East Bound & Down

Yes on both of these

Bored to Death, which I think will be on the same night as these shows, is also pretty solid.
  • intodeep wrote:

looking froward to this as well
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    EastBound & Down for sure.

Gotta love:

Its-always-sunny-in-Philadelphia.jpg

And lets not forget:

Sons-Of-Anarchy.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I could go for a good zombie series.

What's the deal with Two and a Half Men? Since Jake is now a whole man, size wise, and Charlie Sheen has had his various personal issues? Is that coming back?

And I LOVE The Big Bang Theory.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    What about that new fangled Bob and David?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CpAE9c1lN8
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Two and a Half men will be back, it's the #1 comedy show for the last 5 years now.

Big Bang, How i met your Momma, Chuck, Walking Dead, Justified ( i hope comes back ), Hawaii 50, and a ton of new shows to look forward this year!

The ABC exec. who OK'd LOST was replaced two weeks after that desicion,before it ever aired the A-Hole who has been running ABC since, just finally got axed, So hopefully the pick it up this year
  • Two and a Half men will be back, it's the #1 comedy show for the last 5 years now.

Big Bang, How i met your Momma, Chuck, Walking Dead, Justified ( i hope comes back ), Hawaii 50, and a ton of new shows to look forward this year!

The ABC exec. who OK'd LOST was replaced two weeks after that desicion,before it ever aired the A-Hole who has been running ABC since, just finally got axed, So hopefully the pick it up this year

Man, that last season of Two and a Half Men was atrocious. I used to love that show, but it became unwatchable. I just saw a re-run last night where Charlie picks up the phone, "Chelsea! is that you!?" and the kid on a road trip with his dad to sacramento... during this entire sequence all I could think of was how important it was that the show had a 'laugh-track' built in, cause although I love a fart joke as much as the next guy, I could do without it on the #1 sitcom. Lets hope Charlie gets back to his old ways and more Berta please!

Big Bang on the other hand seems to get better and better. I love it.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Two and a Half men will be back, it's the #1 comedy show for the last 5 years now.

Man, that last season of Two and a Half Men was atrocious. I used to love that show, but it became unwatchable. I just saw a re-run last night where Charlie picks up the phone, "Chelsea! is that you!?" and the kid on a road trip with his dad to sacramento... during this entire sequence all I could think of was how important it was that the show had a 'laugh-track' built in, cause although I love a fart joke as much as the next guy, I could do without it on the #1 sitcom. Lets hope Charlie gets back to his old ways and more Berta please!

Big Bang on the other hand seems to get better and better. I love it.

+1 on both observations.

I saw that Two and a Half Men rerun last night, too. I hadn't seen many of the shows from the past season, frankly it got way less interesting with the whole Chelsea thing. Berta slays me, she is so damned funny. Charlie looked really ragged, I thought.

And Big Bang _ oh my God, I am a huge fan of the Sheldon character, but Raj has really grown on me. He is quietly hysterical.

What's this new show someone mentinoed about the telemarketers in India? Anybody know anything about that?
    What's this new show someone mentinoed about the telemarketers in India? Anybody know anything about that?

Called 'outsourced' on NBC, not sure if the Indian people came to the US or US people went to India....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUQc2C0okI

I'd be interested in watching as the Indian person I used to work for doesn't watch TV, yet thinks Paris Hilton is a genius and deserves a Nobel, and Bill Gates is the root of all evil..... :?

- Christopher McCandless
    intodeep wrote:

looking froward to this as well

you have good taste :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Bump....new shows starting tonight :D