Need advice for a short vaca into Hershey PA area...

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So my wife, kids and I are going to visit her brother 30 minutes from Hershey Park. We are gonna stay there at the park I think for two days but we want to also go to other places in that area.
Any ideas? Friday till monday.
I heard about a train through Amish Country?
Dutch Wonderland?
It will be in October first or second week. Any help would be great.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If you/kids are into history, I think Gettysburg is only about an hour from Hershey.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • If you/kids are into history, I think Gettysburg is only about an hour from Hershey.
    Thats awesome for me but my 4 yr old daughter and wife with baby would be bored stiff.
    :(
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Try Lancaster. The train is nice and if Dutch Wonderland is still open it's nice for the kids.
    "Gave her life away,...
    Put it in my pocket when it shoulda been framed.."
  • If you have kids, take them to the train museum in Strasburg, which is in Lancaster County. That's the train you heard about. You can take the train from the museum on a scenic journey. The country surrounding the area is gorgeous this time of year.

By the way, the museum is great for kids. They have tons of model train layouts and such.

Gettysburg is amazing...too much for one day. There are lots of kid-friendly activites also.

If you guys like to shop, go to Harrisburg.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • I agree with checking out Gettysburg. Definitely too much to do in one day. You could go on a murder-mystery train ride, or a ghost tour which can be frightening. Or just simply wander around and check out the sights.