You need to watch this

Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I knew it all along, see?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• There are no words. How those children suffer...their families. I can't imagine how the staff must cope. Whatever they are paid, it is not enough. Not nearly enough.

May we save ourselves from ourselves.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    edited September 2010
    Thank you for posting ... No words can express

A friend of mine is a children's occupational therapist she spent a year volunteering in the orphanage's and children's hospitals in Chernobyl three years ago,there are children still being born with the devastating effects so many years later
    Post edited by stargirl69 on
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    :( ... lest we forget.

Hard to watch, impossible to comprehend. There aren't words.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
  • stargirl69 wrote:

A friend of mine is a children's occupational therapist she spent a year volunteering in the orphanage's and children's hospitals in Chernobyl three years ago,there are children still being born with the devastating effects so many years later

Your friend is an amazing person for doing that, very selfless of her. I know I was watching the dates and realizing these were children born years after was shocking...what will become of them?! Clearly this is a story that should be more important in our news than it is.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stargirl69 wrote:

Your friend is an amazing person for doing that, very selfless of her. I know I was watching the dates and realizing these were children born years after was shocking...what will become of them?! Clearly this is a story that should be more important in our news than it is.

She is ... I so admire her ... it was all done through sponsorships, bungee jumps,her boyfriend had an entire body wax,she auctioned her car,it was in the planning for a few years but when it all came together she did it.

Her emails home were both heartbreaking and inspiring.

Yes we should never forget
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • stargirl69 wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

She is ... I so admire her ... it was all done through sponsorships, bungee jumps,her boyfriend had an entire body wax,she auctioned her car,it was in the planning for a few years but when it all came together she did it.

Her emails home were both heartbreaking and inspiring.

Yes we should never forget

Wow! That is incredible. I rather feel like a mediocre human being right now. I would imagine they would be. Those pictures and the story were so overwhelming. I think I would like to read more about it now...I mean I knew about it but since it happened so long ago you almost forget about and don't even think about it still having repercussions and such serious ones at that.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Wow! I knew it was bad, but not that bad! Those pics say so much!!
    How frightening. That can happen to any of us. I have a nuclear plant nearby.
    Save room for dessert!