Why do female celebs want BIG lips?

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
why are celebs getting lip injections? please explain why someone would want big lips. or why it is "hot."
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    iluvcats wrote:
    why are celebs getting lip injections? please explain why someone would want big lips. or why it is "hot."
    Because they don't make those wax lips we used to get as a kid, anymore?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • well naturally reasonably big lips are pretty cool... but the implant look :oops: I don't understand why anyone would do that to themselves :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Don't know but I'll agree - 99% of the time it looks awful. Meg Ryan looks like a tranny hooker now.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Cosmo wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    Because they don't make those wax lips we used to get as a kid, anymore?

ugh they did not taste very good. kind of waxy.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • well naturally reasonably big lips are pretty cool... but the implant look :oops: I don't understand why anyone would do that to themselves :oops:

Agreed.

I just saw on CNN about teens getting botox :shock: :? I don't even think I need botox so wtf would a teen???!!
    my lips are naturally bigger than they used to be which is the opposite of what nature does.
    as women age, their upper lip disappears. but mine are normal but bigger.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    theyre insane across the board.
    thank god i am not human.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    there was something on tv about counterfeit prescriptions. on that special, they profiled a couple who nearly died. they went to a plastic surgeon together and both got botox (for frown lines) and it was bootlegged. they nearly died and had to be rehabilitated, learn to walk, etc.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    well naturally reasonably big lips are pretty cool... but the implant look :oops: I don't understand why anyone would do that to themselves :oops:
    stop laughing at me.
    i have a large implant.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    theyre insane across the board.
    thank god i am not human.
    :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think it looks pretty ridiculous.... I don't get it either
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Some kind of oral fascination...not that there's anything wrong with that.
    gabers wrote:
    Don't know but I'll agree - 99% of the time it looks awful. Meg Ryan looks like a tranny hooker now.
    I can attest to that... saw her walk into a show and I thought it was Courtney Love's ugly sister. Did not want to believe it was Meg Ryan.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cosmo wrote:
    gabers wrote:
    I can attest to that... saw her walk into a show and I thought it was Courtney Love's ugly sister. Did not want to believe it was Meg Ryan.

What's really sad is, she was Soooo cute!
    Cosmo wrote:
    gabers wrote:

What's really sad is, she was Soooo cute!
    I'm still in denial.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Much like internet connections, DSL are the hot thing right now. ;):mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    iluvcats wrote:

I think it's supposed to be enticing. Maybe like swollen, red, monkey butts? :geek:

:mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

I think it's supposed to be enticing. Maybe like swollen, red, monkey butts? :geek:

:mrgreen:

:lol:

One of my friends keeps telling me I have the sexy Angelina Jolie lips now...only because I have braces and they make my lips puff out a bit more :geek: :D
    Yeah, but if you were BORN with 'em, they're a good feature. ;):)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:

So true. I have normal sized lips... not too big, not too small. Just right :)
    justam wrote:

So true. I have normal sized lips... not too big, not too small. Just right :)

Yeah. If your old avatar is accurate, you're a doll. 8-)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • I just realized that sounded like I was coming on to you, justam :o :? :lol:

While I think you are lovely I am still a fan of men. Although sometimes I feel like an under appreciated fan but still a fan anyway. :lol:
    Hey! I'm a married woman. I was not implying anything untoward. I just try to give people confidence. :shock:
    :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Hey! I'm a married woman. I was not implying anything untoward. I just try to give people confidence. :shock:

:oops:

Oh I meant my comment about my lips like i was telling you how great they are. I was just about to thank you for the compliment.
    You're welcome. :thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I found some Meg Ryan pics, I was unaware of her lip surgery. They made fun of her and said they made her look like a duck :( I was flipping the channel and Dolly Parton was on some channel celebrating "Dolly World." Her overly made up, fake looking appearance was shocking. Her lips had that duck look too :( why are celebs so scared to look old?

the devil wears prada was on tv recently and i think merryl streep was prettier as an old woman with silver hair.

i have really bad laugh lines, they were there when i was a teen. i'm not doing anything about them either.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • I don't really understand the fascination either. I mean, yes, biggER lips look nice, BUT not unnaturally big lips, that's just silly. It makes people's faces look totally out of proportion. And stuff having botox or collagen injections anyway - how painful would it be to have someone stick a giant needle in your face, all for the sake of vanity? I don't get the whole plastic surgery thing anyway - yes, for medical reasons, or for people who have say been bitten by a dog or burnt or something - but why mess around with your natural features? Do people really not take any notice of what can happen when it goes wrong? Plus there's the whole self confidence thing - I have a friend who wanted surgery on her vulva. All because she thought that things were uneven and it would be more attractive to a guy down there if she evened things out. She is also not adverse to botox or lipo, or any other procedure, and I find it kinda sad. Why would a beautiful woman think she needs to 'fix' things to have someone think she is attractive, or fits the media standard portrayal of a 'normal' woman.

It's really a sad state of affairs, and I feel sad for people who don't have enough confidence within themselves to live happily with the appearance they have been born with. People's beauty comes from their inner self, not the way they look.
  • MikeackMikeack Posts: 562
    justam wrote:

Was this a failed lesbian pass...the jury is out on this one :?
    ADVERTISE your business in my signature space. TOP RATES for limited time only!! lol
  • MikeackMikeack Posts: 562
    iluvcats wrote:

The Big Lips things is apparently a safety feature against falling forward onto million dollar facial features whilst stumbling pie eyed out a Hollywood nightclub?
    ADVERTISE your business in my signature space. TOP RATES for limited time only!! lol