Roger Goodell has made the NFL and himself a joke

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Seriously, who hired this guy to run the league?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5527564
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Add it to the list man. He is ruining the league.

The NFL product has been in decline since about 2001. Seems to get worse every year.

Thank god for gambling
  • Not that I condone his actions, but everyone knew it was going to be four games for months now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Should have hit him with six games when he asked for a reduction to three. :evil:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I read an article today that says he has changed due to christianity.....until the next youngin' passes by and he cant resist :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I read an article today that says he has changed due to christianity.....until the next youngin' passes by and he cant resist :lol:
    Sounds like every prisoner in jail.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Not that I condone his actions, but everyone knew it was going to be four games for months now.

pretty much this
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm okay with it going down.
    He was never charged with anything in the court of law (i still think he is guilty BUT..)
    He has been on good behavior ever since doing everything they asked him to do and more.

I'm okay with this
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Steelers are going to the Super Bowl with or without that numb skull... :D
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Newch91 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

The best is the Chappelle show....when the judge sentences that rich white guy(who gets BLACK people Justice)........"Plenty of time to do push-ups and convert to ISLAM" :lol:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

The best is the Chappelle show....when the judge sentences that rich white guy(who gets BLACK people Justice)........"Plenty of time to do push-ups and convert to ISLAM" :lol:
    Hahahahaha I fucking miss that show so much.
  • Someone in our fantasy football league named his team "The Door Guarders".
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Someone in our fantasy football league named his team "The Door Guarders".
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • While he probably deserves more than 4, in the end, he was never charged with a crime, and if the NFL levied a hefty suspension on something that they can't even prove he did, the players association would be all over them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    While he probably deserves more than 4, in the end, he was never charged with a crime, and if the NFL levied a hefty suspension on something that they can't even prove he did, the players association would be all over them.

That's just it. They can't hold him to punishment for something that hasn't been proven. Even though we may have our opinions...he hasn't been found guilty.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Newch91 wrote:

I think it was pretty much understood by everybody that he was going to get 4 games. My problem is the whole "It's 4 OR 6 games and I'll let you know which it is when I feel like it" crap. When Goodell said it was 4-6 games, it was obvious it would only be 4 games so he should have just said that from the outset. But Goodell is an egomaniac who gets off on the fact that reporters and fans hang on "what he's going to do next" whether it's a Roethlisberger suspension, Ochocinco fine, or whatever. And I'm not defending Roethlisberger. He should be suspended for his actions. But Goodell needs to get off his high horse.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Newch91 wrote:

I think it was pretty much understood by everybody that he was going to get 4 games. My problem is the whole "It's 4 OR 6 games and I'll let you know which it is when I feel like it" crap. When Goodell said it was 4-6 games, it was obvious it would only be 4 games so he should have just said that from the outset. But Goodell is an egomaniac who gets off on the fact that reporters and fans hang on "what he's going to do next" whether it's a Roethlisberger suspension, Ochocinco fine, or whatever. And I'm not defending Roethlisberger. He should be suspended for his actions. But Goodell needs to get off his high horse.

Perfectly put. Goodell seems to be quite the megalomaniac.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Perfectly put. Goodell seems to be quite the megalomaniac.

It's true. He always seems to be at a prime time game on the sidelines or in the booth.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • It won't be long till Big Ben does it again we just have sit back and wait Hi's a sick individual talented but sick ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....