Cheapest Cell Phone Plan?

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey gang-

I used to be with T-mobile where it was 39.99/1000 mins plus $10 for unlimited texts and $5 for the net (Razor phone- $100 phone) $69/month

With Verizon, I pay 79.99 plus tax for 450 mins, net and unlmited texts (Voyager- $200 phone) $87/month

My question is- i am looking to drastically reduce my monthly cell bill.

Who has the best deal now? I'm looking for 500+ mins, unlimited text, internet and decent phone.
Any imput is great. Thanks guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    We should just get two tin cans and a really really long string to go from your house to mine.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    with what you are looking for...you aren't going to get a big savings....

cheapest seems to be sprint. plus they have 4g, which means you might be able to do away with your home internet. verizon is rolling out 4g in the fall/winter to chicago so you could stay with verizon if you wanted. once again, you could drop home internet.

sprint will run 69.99 plus tax. if you get a 4g phone it's an extra $10, although they offer a number of discounts if you work for certain companies. i don't, but still get 10% off for being a credit union member. they aslo have two of the best phones on the market right now (EVO and Epic). 450 minutes (these only count to land lines during the day) free mobile to mobile (regardless of the other persons carrier), unlimited text and unlimted data.

we have been on sprint for two months now and we are satisfied. we also dropped home internet in favor of using the EVO exclusively for internet. i don't recommend this if you are a heavy gamer.

if you two are in that much love, you could join forces and get a family plan and save a couple of dollars. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Try looking at Straight Talk from Wal-Mart. I think that's where you will find the cheapest.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    81 wrote:
    with what you are looking for...you aren't going to get a big savings....

cheapest seems to be sprint. plus they have 4g, which means you might be able to do away with your home internet. verizon is rolling out 4g in the fall/winter to chicago so you could stay with verizon if you wanted. once again, you could drop home internet.

sprint will run 69.99 plus tax. if you get a 4g phone it's an extra $10, although they offer a number of discounts if you work for certain companies. i don't, but still get 10% off for being a credit union member. they aslo have two of the best phones on the market right now (EVO and Epic). 450 minutes (these only count to land lines during the day) free mobile to mobile (regardless of the other persons carrier), unlimited text and unlimted data.

we have been on sprint for two months now and we are satisfied. we also dropped home internet in favor of using the EVO exclusively for internet. i don't recommend this if you are a heavy gamer.

if you two are in that much love, you could join forces and get a family plan and save a couple of dollars. :mrgreen:

Exactly. I just got the Epic on Tuesady and I love it. My wife and I have a family plan and we pay $150/month plus taxes and fees. That is 1500 anytime minutes which I never use cause all cell phone to cell phone calls are free, unlimited data, unlimited text. I honestly think this is the best deal around. We were going to go with Verizon last year because of the signal strength is stronger around here, but they couuldn't compete with Sprint's prices.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    We should just get two tin cans and a really really long string to go from your house to mine.

That's a good deal alright, but still more expensive than my cell phone plan.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I heard you are to call your current provider's customer retention office and threaten to leave.
    then you are supposedly offered a better rate.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    iluvcats wrote:
    I heard you are to call your current provider's customer retention office and threaten to leave.
    then you are supposedly offered a better rate.

yup. if you call them, they'll offer you a better rate. we just upgraded our 2G iPhones, but I wanted to see if we could get a better data plan before we forked over the $ for the new phones. sure enough, they cut the cost in HALF. i earned some husband points that day! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com