Breaking News.....

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Why can't breaking news ever be good news? I guess good news isn't news and that's pretty sad.
Just got the breaking news of a gunman lose, but I'm sure their are also happy uplifting things happening today.
Its hard to find those though where the bad news seems to hunt you down even when you are not looking for it. Wish just one TV channel would have that.... kind, good news for us, I bet stress related troubles would decline and people would be nicer to each other. I know I would tune in :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i think its great news that a gunman is on the loose.
    www.myspace.com
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

Sounds like Eyed broke out of the salt mine.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    took the Discovery Channel building over, has a hostage, the Discovery Channel geez, thats right up there with attacking Disney
  • no one really cares to listen to or watch good news
    we Americans thrive on drama
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pandora wrote:
    took the Discovery Channel building over, has a hostage, the Discovery Channel geez, thats right up there with attacking Disney

:o:o .
  • When news breaks, we fix it.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Where is this, Maryland? Wow, hope everyone's ok. Damn.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • what exactly is the point of holding up the discovery channel???

IM REALLY PISSED OFF WITH SHARK WEEK THIS YEAR AND YOUR GONNA PAY?!!?!?!?!

SERIOUSLY, WTF
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    no one really cares to listen to or watch good news
    we Americans thrive on drama

Unfortuantely this is true. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Wow, this thread almost seems as it belongs on MT. :lol:

Good news should be breaking news, since it would make people's day.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    pandora wrote:
    Why can't breaking news ever be good news? I guess good news isn't news and that's pretty sad.
    Just got the breaking news of a gunman lose, but I'm sure their are also happy uplifting things happening today.
    Its hard to find those though where the bad news seems to hunt you down even when you are not looking for it. Wish just one TV channel would have that.... kind, good news for us, I bet stress related troubles would decline and people would be nicer to each other. I know I would tune in :D

Can you imagine that? An hour a day devoted to the best stories around the globe. Then, the news team would have to be out searching for good people and good events. The BEST good events.

It could be fantastic!!!! :mrgreen:

If any station tried this idea and sold it in a creative way, it might actually attract an audience. ;):D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Breaking News:

This just in! Puppies are cute. I repeat, puppies ARE cute.

Something like that Pandora?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Eyed,just think, if they had the right film footage, people might LOVE that story. (!!) ;)

It could be a campaign like "take back the night" except it would be, "Take back the nightly news" :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Breaking News:

Very good, I could go for some Puppy news each night!
    what exactly is the point of holding up the discovery channel???

SERIOUSLY, WTF

Although Shark Week this year really did suck, i'm more pissed at them getting Oprah to narrate the LIFE, you spend 5 years making an 11, 1 hour episodes, and get Oprah? WTF? and this after they gave us PLANET EARTH and got Sigorney Weaver to narrate, just as bad!!!

i spend 5 years filming something, you better line up JAMES EARL JONES or DONALD SUTHERLIN, or better yet ZOMBIE ORSON WELLES to narrate my damn special!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what exactly is the point of holding up the discovery channel???

SERIOUSLY, WTF

sadly, it sounds like this wasn't far from the truth. guy didn't like the programming
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Breaking News!!! the Fuzz killed the Fool!
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    pandora wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Breaking News:

Very good, I could go for some Puppy news each night!

I try not to watch the news, just in case it's something bad that will stay in my head. I prefer to read the news so nothing can sneak up on me.
    ps: I vote for happy puppy news every night.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Breaking News!!! the Fuzz killed the Fool!

I just read this
    the fuzz killed the fool
    yea
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    pandora wrote:

I've been watching this on the news - just crazy !!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pandora wrote:

disneys evil... they just put a smile on it. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    pandora wrote:

i think your evil :D
    pandora wrote:

i think your evil :D

yeah but i dont hide behind a smile. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Fair Enough
    Fair Enough

:twisted:

fooled ya. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • This guy was obsessed with the book, "Ishmael", and believed that Discovery Channel was promoting distruction of the planet through over population.

2010 watch it go to fire.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Breaking news...

Last night we covered a story: Puppies are cute.
    It was a good news piece

Because America cannot have too much good at once, we have a follow up to that story...to even out the playing feild
    I'll warn you...its bad news

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=140167

they should make it easy to avoid negative news....as easy as having a seperate station...like the religious stations...you could have good news only station, and bad news only station....better for the kids...and better for bad moods...sometimes all someone needs is that little extra push before they go off their own rocker...bad news is depressing....so, sorry im sharing this one above...dont blame me entirely...i just feel sick about it

Pandora! I found some good news sites for you...nothing but good news, all the time. :D

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
    http://www.happynews.com/
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Pandora! I found some good news sites for you...nothing but good news, all the time. :D

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
    http://www.happynews.com/

This just in: Jeanwah has been spotted in the All Encompassing Trip. We'll have an exclusive interview with the Scary Eyeball and her thoughts about all things Pandora, reaction from other AET posters, and up-to-the-minute thread details. Film at 11.

And now back to our regular coverage: "Puppies ARE cute, but baby seals object and say they're cuter."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    This just in: Jeanwah has been spotted in the All Encompassing Trip. We'll have an exclusive interview with the Scary Eyeball and her thoughts about all things Pandora, reaction from other AET posters, and up-to-the-minute thread details. Film at 11.

And now back to our regular coverage: "Puppies ARE cute, but baby seals object and say they're cuter."

Exclusive interview??! :shock: :shock: I must go powder up... ;)