The End of Summer.....

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
is just about here...
what is your favorite memory from this past summer? Vacation? Staycation? Family gathering? Concert? what made you happiest! 8-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Our invasion of another boating club during which I wore my pirate hat, manned the blender for the frozen drinks, and danced on a table with a guy who won $10 million on a scratch ticket, while Mr. Unlost and the three unlost dogs looked on and laughed.

Oh, and we participated in the tug-of-war and a water balloon fight.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PEARL JAM EUROPE TOUR.......
    IM GONNA SEE MY FRIENDS DREAM COME TRUE... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 3 x pearl jam.. miami.... beach saturdays and pool sundays
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Backpacking in Yellowstone, the Tetons, and Glacier = tons of memories, but the grizzly outside the tent takes the cake.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • The best part of my summer didnt even take place during the summer. In seeing Pearl Jam three times in May, Hartford Boston MSG, I met and partied with old friends and met new friends. That's what Im gonna remember the most about this summer 20 years from now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    3 x pearl jam.. miami.... beach saturdays and pool sundays

What, not your days of inward reflection and quiet contemplation on the outer Cape?
    ;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    summer was pretty blah. sping was better with a trip to ashville, followed up by a trip to columbus and Indy for a pair of shows.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Pain in the Grass, spent time babysitting a very drunk friend, smoking & drinking all day at the concert, and the pay off? An autographed Shinedown condom, and a flyer autographed by Black Label Society and Wes Scantlin. I love going to all day concerts...damn you fall! :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    eyedclaar wrote:
    .....but the grizzly outside the tent takes the cake.

You didn't tell us he took anything, let alone friggin cake.
    "Its all fun & games until the grizzly takes the cake."
    Or "...until somebody loses an eyed", I forget exactly how the saying goes.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    DangDang wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    .....but the grizzly outside the tent takes the cake.

You didn't tell us he took anything, let alone friggin cake.
    "Its all fun & games until the grizzly takes the cake."
    Or "...until somebody loses an eyed", I forget exactly how the saying goes.

He took two cakes and one pie! I'm still trying to track him down, not because I think he hasn't already eaten the desserts, but because those were expensive tins.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Lots of bonfires, poker games, booze and friends. Bring on winter!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    Backpacking in Yellowstone, the Tetons, and Glacier = tons of memories, but the grizzly outside the tent takes the cake.

NIce.
    The bears are def out this year... and at lower elevations than ever.

I got out a few times this year, Hyalite lake, Sacajawea peak, and 10+ trips to YNP.
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    The end of summer means that people start coming out of the woodwork in South Florida.

Kind of like spring up north.
  • 3 x pearl jam.. miami.... beach saturdays and pool sundays

What, not your days of inward reflection and quiet contemplation on the outer Cape?
    ;)

wow didn't even enter my mind :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • getting back on the mountain bike after time off with a bad back ( no where better than the lake district in summer ) , oh and msg2 in may , my best show ever :D
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Pearl Jam x 2 KC and St.L
    Mofro x 2
    Black Keys
    WM3 benefit

Got my dream job offer (at work now) while in the parking lot at the KC show for PJ.

Been a good 4 months since end of April for me.
    maj4e wrote:
    Pearl Jam x 2 KC and St.L
    Mofro x 2
    Black Keys
    WM3 benefit

Got my dream job offer (at work now) while in the parking lot at the KC show for PJ.
    Been a good 4 months since end of April for me.

Now that is a day to remember! :D
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    BEST CONCERT SUMMER OF MY LIFE -got to travel all over with family and friends and attend shows and festivals. Pearl Jam x3, Kings of Leon, Social Distortion, My Morning Jacket, Gogol Bordello, Phoenix, Temper Trap, The Strokes, Further, Electric Six, Band of Horses x5 (met Ben Bridwell), Dr. Dog x2, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Drive By Truckers, Gov't Mule, Levon Helm Band x2 (met Levon Fucking Helm!), Alison Krauss, Ray LaMontagne, Avett Brothers, Gov't Mule, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Lettuce, Matisyahu, Duke and the King, Felice Brothers, DMB, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Trombone Shorty (he hit on me in front of my father :lol:) ,Deerhoof, The Donkeys, Amos Lee, Sierra Leone Refuge All-Stars, Lauryn Hill, Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Snoop. And there is still more to come.

It has been amazing.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    BEST CONCERT SUMMER OF MY LIFE -got to travel all over with family and friends and attend shows and festivals. Pearl Jam x3, Kings of Leon, Social Distortion, My Morning Jacket, Gogol Bordello, Phoenix, Temper Trap, The Strokes, Further, Electric Six, Band of Horses x5 (met Ben Bridwell), Dr. Dog x2, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Drive By Truckers, Gov't Mule, Levon Helm Band x2 (met Levon Fucking Helm!), Alison Krauss, Ray LaMontagne, Avett Brothers, Gov't Mule, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Lettuce, Matisyahu, Duke and the King, Felice Brothers, DMB, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Trombone Shorty (he hit on me in front of my father :lol:) ,Deerhoof, The Donkeys, Amos Lee, Sierra Leone Refuge All-Stars, Lauryn Hill, Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Snoop. And there is still more to come.

It has been amazing.
    :shock: I thought I went to a lot of concerts. Damn. I think I went to 12 shows so far this year. Very impressive RYE. And Viva Jacket.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • My twin nieces' one-year old birthday weekend was the highlight of my summer.

Seems like the rest of it was spent working.....
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Indy/Cleveland roadtrip with Davidtrios.

Sadly, that was a few months ago now, and summer has been rough since.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Being able to leave the hospital on Memorial Day Weekend and spend the summer at home. I know it may sound like a drag, but this made my summer, since it's been a pretty awful year.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RYEzupSF wrote:

It has been amazing.
    :shock: I thought I went to a lot of concerts. Damn. I think I went to 12 shows so far this year. Very impressive RYE. And Viva Jacket.

Thanks. I do what I can. :lol: The drooling fanatic gene is strong in my blood. And festivals with amazing line-ups help too.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    The best two things about this summer were:

1) Having my sister and her husband visit for a week
    2) Swimming everyday

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    The happiest? That would be......being able to live in flip flops, taking my nieces and nephew to the beach and other fun places, spending time with somebody special, shows, swimming, and ice cream every single day! :D seeing a very important person in Hartford for the show most definitely started my summer off right!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    MSG 1
    MSG 2*
    4th of July in Canada, watching fireworks across the river to Eastport Maine
    GREEN DAY/ Sloshed! ( thank u wife and Megan for keeping me standing :P )

Those were the High Lights anyway.

Now bring on :
    landscape_fall_colors_041010M49.jpg
    fall_foliage_TEMP0465.JPG
  • my daughter and i were swimming in the atlantic ocean when a group of about 8 dolphins gatherd around us to play a bit and say hello...once in a lifetime experience!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    MSG 1
    MSG 2*

Now bring on :

Gonna miss the fall colors. :(

For me this summer's high point was my 2,300 driving trip from Palm Beach Florida to PHX, Arizona. FL is flat and I've never been out west but seeing those mountains starting in long cross state drive of Texas. Stopped in LA, Bourbon St, NO didn't mis much just a bunch of drunk people trying to have fun. New Mexico was so cool with huge dust devils and tumble weeds. AZ was hot with dry heat temps of up to 114 and spent 15 days working and fixing up another house. Then took a trip up to Sedona for the day. Drove back and spent a night in the New Mexico mountains with family friends, awesome.

Then a week later took another vacation this time with the kids in Orlando. That was also fun and caused me to brush up on my table tennis game, I never lost a match. Now we prepare for the heating up of hurricane season. It's all good. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    PJ was technically still Spring, so looking specifically at summer - Lollapalooza, and just the warm weather of summer, and also, for the first summer since 2001, choosing not to hold early morning fitness classes (extra on my schedule) that have made past summers more stressful.

Keeping my windows open all the time - hearing the crickets outside. I love hearing them.

I don't really like fall, so I try not to notice any changing leaves. I prefer lush, hot, green foliage. Its really hot here tonight, but I'm not complaining.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    MSG 1
    MSG 2*

Now bring on :

I love these tree pictures!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&