I'm not necessarily a birther but...

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
edited August 2010 in A Moving Train
I found this 6/27/04 article credited to the AP interesting....

http://web.archive.org/web/200406271427 ... 060403.htm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,859
    maj4e wrote:
    nice. thanks for posting this. kinda shady how they changed the lead in isn't it?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    shady? very
    surprising? no
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    maj4e wrote:
    shady? very
    surprising? no
    The Truth will still not convince some people... to them, their belief out-trumps the Truth.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Cosmo wrote:
    The Truth will still not convince some people... to them, their belief out-trumps the Truth.

isn't there a word for people like that?
    that's faarkokte.
    Cosmo wrote:

i am not sure but i will take a guess....delusional?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Cosmo wrote:

i am not sure but i will take a guess....delusional?

haha! yes, i didn't think of that one, but that's a good one too!
    that's faarkokte.
    which one were you thinking of? i still can't figure it our since i posted delusional lol...

• haha! yes, i didn't think of that one, but that's a good one too!
    which one were you thinking of? i still can't figure it our since i posted delusional lol...

i was thinking of conspiracy theorist.... and scientologist, lol!
    that's faarkokte.

i was thinking of conspiracy theorist.... and scientologist, lol!
    those are two good ones as well.. lol..

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Cosmo wrote:

'truthiness' (noun)
    1 : "truth that comes from the gut, not books" (Stephen Colbert, Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report," October 2005)
    2 : "the quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts or facts known to be true" (American Dialect Society, January 2006)
    ref. http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/06words.htm
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • unsung wrote:

i know from your previous posts that you are a Ron Paul fan, and while i admire some of his thoughts, this is an example of the sort of thing that completely turns me off. why does he attract so many conspiracy lovers? they gravitate towards him. this whole issue has been debated to death and debunked numerous times but it just keeps on coming up.

that's what hurts Dr Paul more than anything in my opinion. it puts his mainstream supporters completely off.
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,807
    unsung wrote:

i know from your previous posts that you are a Ron Paul fan, and while i admire some of his thoughts, this is an example of the sort of thing that completely turns me off. why does he attract so many conspiracy lovers? they gravitate towards him. this whole issue has been debated to death and debunked numerous times but it just keeps on coming up.

that's what hurts Dr Paul more than anything in my opinion. it puts his mainstream supporters completely off.

Research the Federal Reserve Bank, its operations, the amount of power it has, its origin and who created it, and you will uncover one of the greatest "conspiracies" ever pulled on the American people.

Cliff notes version: it was created by THE Robber Barons, the heads of the most powerful business and banking interests the country has ever seen: Rockefeller, JP Morgan, Paul Warburg, etc... in secret meetings on Jeckyll Island, Georgia. I know these guys aren't very popular on this board, or anywhere really. But facts are facts. The Central Bank of this country was the brainchild of these very powerful men, and the Federal Reserve Act was pushed through by their guys in Congress, and their president, Woodrow Wilson. Why was it created? To serve the public interest, of course! :lol: Some of the stated reasons were to stave off economic panics like those experienced a few years prior, and to preserve the value of the dollar. Sounds like a noble cause, right? Within less than 20 years of their creation, they gave the country the biggest BOOM it ever saw in the 20s before the BUST that followed, The Great Depression, the only one this country has ever seen (until now?). Today, the dollar is worth 4% of what it was worth then, and the Fed has evolved into being a counterfeitting machine that funds every aspect of government from wars, to welfare, to the police state, as well as provides the ultimate bail-out mechanism for businesses that are "too big too fail." They do not need to disclose which businesses or other central banks that they give money to, or take money from. They create winners and losers of their own choosing with whom they choose to live and die, be it Goldmann Sachs vs. Lehman Brothers, or Oil versus Green technology. They control the supply of money, the "regulations" by which banks operate which allows banks themselves to counterfeit money through fractional reserve banking. They effectively tax the people of this country through INFLATION, which is the expansion of the money supply, which robs the money in your bank account of its value. Wealth isn't created, it's transferred by this means, and it hurts the poor the most. They are not subject to congressional, executive, or judicial oversight. Ben Bernanke is a more powerful man than Barack Obama.

The issue of the Fed is central to Ron Paul's campaign for restoring liberty and constitutional government, and a sensible non-interventionist foreign policy for America. And yes, it is a very legit "conspiracy." Anyone who can wrap their heads around a TRUE conspiracy FACT of this magnitude will likely find conspiracy in other aspects of the actions of their government.

Sometimes, people's imaginations can get away with them, yes. With hundreds of glaring examples of government acting on the whims of special interests over the people, who can blame their mistrust?

Who is more delusional, people who find conspiracy in every action of their government or people who firmly believe that their government is always there to serve them?

I'm a firm believer in the more power government has, the more appealing it is to co-opt that power by special interests, and that it does happen 100% of the time as a result.

My message to the "birthers" is, why try to put an end to Obama administration on a technicality? Challenge him on his policies and the constitutionality of them, and defeat his ideas if you disagree with them. If he were removed from office, Joe Biden is your president. I don't see the policies and the ideas changing much with him.
  • unsung wrote:

Research the Federal Reserve Bank, its operations, the amount of power it has, its origin and who created it, and you will uncover one of the greatest "conspiracies" ever pulled on the American people.

Cliff notes version: it was created by THE Robber Barons, the heads of the most powerful business and banking interests the country has ever seen: Rockefeller, JP Morgan, Paul Warburg, etc... in secret meetings on Jeckyll Island, Georgia. I know these guys aren't very popular on this board, or anywhere really. But facts are facts. The Central Bank of this country was the brainchild of these very powerful men, and the Federal Reserve Act was pushed through by their guys in Congress, and their president, Woodrow Wilson. Why was it created? To serve the public interest, of course! :lol: Some of the stated reasons were to stave off economic panics like those experienced a few years prior, and to preserve the value of the dollar. Sounds like a noble cause, right? Within less than 20 years of their creation, they gave the country the biggest BOOM it ever saw in the 20s before the BUST that followed, The Great Depression, the only one this country has ever seen (until now?). Today, the dollar is worth 4% of what it was worth then, and the Fed has evolved into being a counterfeitting machine that funds every aspect of government from wars, to welfare, to the police state, as well as provides the ultimate bail-out mechanism for businesses that are "too big too fail." They do not need to disclose which businesses or other central banks that they give money to, or take money from. They create winners and losers of their own choosing with whom they choose to live and die, be it Goldmann Sachs vs. Lehman Brothers, or Oil versus Green technology. They control the supply of money, the "regulations" by which banks operate which allows banks themselves to counterfeit money through fractional reserve banking. They effectively tax the people of this country through INFLATION, which is the expansion of the money supply, which robs the money in your bank account of its value. Wealth isn't created, it's transferred by this means, and it hurts the poor the most. They are not subject to congressional, executive, or judicial oversight. Ben Bernanke is a more powerful man than Barack Obama.

The issue of the Fed is central to Ron Paul's campaign for restoring liberty and constitutional government, and a sensible non-interventionist foreign policy for America. And yes, it is a very legit "conspiracy." Anyone who can wrap their heads around a TRUE conspiracy FACT of this magnitude will likely find conspiracy in other aspects of the actions of their government.

Sometimes, people's imaginations can get away with them, yes. With hundreds of glaring examples of government acting on the whims of special interests over the people, who can blame their mistrust?

Who is more delusional, people who find conspiracy in every action of their government or people who firmly believe that their government is always there to serve them?

I'm a firm believer in the more power government has, the more appealing it is to co-opt that power by special interests, and that it does happen 100% of the time as a result.

My message to the "birthers" is, why try to put an end to Obama administration on a technicality? Challenge him on his policies and the constitutionality of them, and defeat his ideas if you disagree with them. If he were removed from office, Joe Biden is your president. I don't see the policies and the ideas changing much with him.
    thanks to Drifting, i'm pretty well educated on the Fed Reserve, actually i'm sure we all are, i do miss his posts regarding that. he knows his stuff for sure. :)

good post Vinny, and i agree with you. you are especially spot on with the last paragraph.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    maj4e wrote:

haha ... the guy spelt the name wrong twice too ... hahaha ... unfortunately, many people soaked this one up ... ;)