* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos wrote:
    Well, thank God Pittsburgh didn't win.
    Well, at least I'll never have to worry about you thanking god for Philly winning one.

are you a baseball fan?

if you are, and being from pittsburgh and not a fraud, you kind of have to worry about in that sport. :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    I'm a Pirate fan :oops: . Don't care for watching baseball until the post season comes around so it's been a long time since I've seen them play. :oops: But they have at least won one albiet a long time ago. Trying to remember the last time the Eagles won one. ;)

Looking forward to how things go between the Pens and the Flyers. You might get me there. But when is the last time they held the cup? I think the Pirates have picked one up since then.

Hey at least you have the Phillies. BASEBALL SUCKS!
    #FHP
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Horos wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    are you a baseball fan?

if you are, and being from pittsburgh and not a fraud, you kind of have to worry about in that sport. :lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
    I'm a Pirate fan :oops: . Don't care for watching baseball until the post season comes around so it's been a long time since I've seen them play. :oops: But they have at least won one albiet a long time ago. Trying to remember the last time the Eagles won one. ;)

Looking forward to how things go between the Pens and the Flyers. You might get me there. But when is the last time they held the cup? I think the Pirates have picked one up since then.

Hey at least you have the Phillies. BASEBALL SUCKS!

it's amazing how many people do not realize there was a professional football championship prior to the super bowl. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Roger Goodell would fuck up a wet dream

And I agree that this game was close, but was not a great game (unless you bet GB big :D ). Sloppy on both sides.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1465 ... -to-forget

See you in October for the start of the 2011 season. Nice work Goodell...will give you plenty of time to fuck the rules up even more than you already have.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Roger Goodell would fuck up a wet dream :?

And I agree that this game was close, but was not a great game (unless you bet GB big :D ). Sloppy on both sides.
    e.

i like a close game. edge of seat all 2nd half. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    most watched show in the history of television. 111 million people. good god.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/ ... id=6098480

"Super Bowl XLV caps what is arguably the most successful season that any sports league has ever had," said Pat McDonough, senior vice president for insight and analysis at the Nielsen Co. "The number of people watching NFL games has never been higher, with 24 percent more people watching the average NFL game this year than just five years ago. The Super Bowl continues to be in a category of its own."
    www.myspace.com
    glimmer of hope on the horizon:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -optimism/
    Saturday labor meeting gives reason for optimism
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2011, 9:36 AM EST
    Goodell_Smith

As the PFT rental bus began the trek from Dallas back to PFT headquarters, we saw John Clayton on ESPN discussing the labor situation. And he seemed to be trying to create the impression that he’s the only guy who is optimistic that a deal will be done by the end of March.

He’s not.

On Monday, Tom Curran joined PFT Live, and he and the host of the show, an Internet hack with whom you may be familiar, agreed that a new agreement could be coming in March.

The joint statement issued by the league and the union on Saturday strongly hints that the two sides agree on the most important threshold issue: the moment at which the clock strikes 12.

“We plan to increase the number, length and intensity of bargaining sessions so that we can reach agreement before the March 4 expiration of the current CBA,” the NFL and the NFLPA said.

We’ve been saying it for two years, dating back to a certain appearance on a certain league-owned broadcasting operation in a certain Florida city that was certainly more pleasant from a weather standpoint than the place we all left on Monday morning. No deal can be done until the two sides agree on the deadline, since neither side will begin to move toward a bottom-line position if the other side thinks that the time to do the deal hasn’t arrived.

It appears that the league finally has persuaded the union to treat March 4 as the deadline, and that NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith has decided that he doesn’t need to provoke a fight in order to have credibility with the rank and file.

That said, there’s one issue that could create some consternation. If March 4 arrives without an extension of the current CBA, which was and still is the settlement agreement of the antitrust case filed by Reggie White and others many years ago, Judge David Doty’s jurisdiction over the relationship between the two parties ends. Given that the league has tried to have Judge Doty bounced based on the perception that he has a union bias, the NFL surely would like to find a way to do a Doty-free deal. The union, on the other hand, surely would like to keep Doty involved.

In the end, it’s another bargaining chip between the two sides, and one of the only sources of true leverage for the players, especially in the wake of last week’s unfavorable rulings in the “lockout insurance” case and the health insurance grievance. With the two sides committed to getting something done by March 4, it’s reasonable to think that they’ll try to work through these issues, possibly with the same type of extension that was used five years ago to get a deal done during the month of March.
    www.myspace.com
    I realise the Eagles have won some championships unfortunately it was before even my father was born so it's really hard to remember. It's still fewer than the Steelers who I realise were completely aweful before 1970. Wish the Steagles would have won it. :)
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    I realise the Eagles have won some championships unfortunately it was before even my father was born so it's really hard to remember. It's still fewer than the Steelers who I realise were completely aweful before 1970. Wish the Steagles would have won it. :)

and regarding baseball, your team's town hasn't won one since before i was born. hell they haven't had a winning season since clinton's first year in office. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Horos wrote:

and regarding baseball, your team's town hasn't won one since before i was born. hell they haven't had a winning season since clinton's first year in office. :lol:

Wait, so this dude is old enough to remember the Steelers from the 70's or some shit, but his dad wasn't alive in 1960? I don't believe that.

And, also, dude who lives in Oregon but bleeeeds Pittsburgh :roll: - we support a real city. Ya know, one that supports a team in every major sport. But yinz :roll: hold onto those Stillers,crimped 90's bangs, pull-over Starter jackets, and Cutlass Ciera's. :thumbup: :mrgreen::wink:
    Horos wrote:

Wait, so this dude is old enough to remember the Steelers from the 70's or some shit, but his dad wasn't alive in 1960? I don't believe that.
    :

fuzzy math :)
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Horos wrote:

pittsburgh has a baseball team?
    Second extension moves closer to reality
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
    They previously agreed only to disagree. They now have agreed to attempt to agree at a later date, twice.

A day after hammering out a one-day extension to Threat Level: Midnight, the NFL and the players’ union are on the verge of formally extending the deadline by one week or more.

As the two sides meet not together but privately with mediator George Cohen, Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal reports that a second extension is “all but a done deal.”

Coupled with Mike Silver’s report that an extension will lead to a new CBA, perhaps this means that a settlement of all issues is “all but a done deal,” too.

That said, things can fall apart even if progress continues to be made. All it takes is one side taking a hard line on one issue, and the whole thing can implode.

That said, the storm clouds are beginning to dissipate, faster than anyone thought they would.

Perhaps our threat of blaring Dean Martin records helped break the logjam
    www.myspace.com
    Horos wrote:

This explains alot of what I've read you post. You're just a kid.

My math was fuzzy, my dad was 13 the last time the Eagles won, he was 2-3 the only other times.

None of this makes Philly suck any less.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

And, also, dude who lives in Oregon but bleeeeds Pittsburgh :roll: - we support a real city. Ya know, one that supports a team in every major sport. But yinz :roll: hold onto those Stillers,crimped 90's bangs, pull-over Starter jackets, and Cutlass Ciera's. :thumbup: :mrgreen::wink:
    I don't feel the need to defend Pittsburgh it's so much better than San Francisco east(City of Brotherly Love) but I can see where you feel the need to 'support' your city, it needs all the help it can get. Now only if you were an athlete you could be a real loser like the rest of Phillies athletes.

At least I can have respect for Jugs because he knows how to make an intelligent comment. How old are you anyway Pam, 23?
    #FHP
    The Fixer wrote:
    Horos wrote:

pittsburgh has a baseball team?
    I'm glad you guys have your Phillies, even though they play a pussy sport, wouldn't want to have to think of you as complete losers.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Horos wrote:

This explains alot of what I've read you post. You're just a kid.

My math was fuzzy, my dad was 13 the last time the Eagles won, he was 2-3 the only other times.

None of this makes Philly suck any less.

yeah i'm a kid. if you consider 33 years old a kid.

what's your deal dude? you're replying to shit from over a month ago? pretty weird. :?

also--we spell "realize" with a "z" in this country. and "alot" is actually two words.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Everyone knows Bears > Steelers + Eagles

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    funny how once the owners found out they won't get their tv money next year, things started to progress rather quickly. ;) .....now get it done so we can be done hearing about this nonsense :x

Robert Kraft says labor deal is “possible” this week
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 7, 2011, 7:31 PM EST
    Getty ImagesPatriots owner Robert Kraft, in comments given to reporters who followed him to Israel, spoke optimistically about the chances that a new labor deal will be done this week.

Kraft said he “personally believe it’s possible” to work out a new agreement, according to CSNNE.com.

Kraft is in Israel on a trade mission with Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. “If necessary, I might have to leave early,” Kraft said, adding that a new labor deal is “a high priority.”

“We’re doing everything we can to get a deal consummated,” Kraft said.

“[The] good news is, it’s always good to be talking when you have differences of opinion,” Kradt added. “It’s the only way you have a chance [to reach an agreement]. So we’re talking, and I know from ownership’s side that we feel there’s a deal to be made and we’d very much like to do it.”

We’ll know more in four days whether the deal is made.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    decertified
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    norm wrote:
    decertified

What a fucking joke this has become. How do these owners expect the players to concede that type of money without opening their books?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazy stuff...

at least there will be college football to look forward to
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    crazy stuff...

at least there will be college football to look forward to

haven't had a chance to follow closely today but it looks like the league's offer did not include an 18 game schedule which is good.

i think both sides probably expected this to happen. the judge who this will most likely go to has consistently sided with the players in the past. he's the one who would not let the owners cash in on the tv contract if games are not played. hopefully this gets done before they end up missing games.

sucks it looks like the birds won't be able to deal the kolber before the draft though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    I love this. Would love for the NFL to take a big kick in the nuts.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

why?

:?
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

why?

:?
    agreed

this hurts the nfl at a time where it's the most popular sport here in america. look at how many teams now have season ticket holder not renewing cause of this and all the free agents that can do jack shit. people are gonna say fuck it and put their money to better use. i still think we will have football this season. i can see it starting in october or worse comes to worse november.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Not a huge fan of the NFL, just a bunch of arrogant fucks who put a pretty shitty product on the field and i would love to see them get knocked down a peg or two. The only reason it is so popular is because of gambling and it annoys me.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not a huge fan of the NFL, just a bunch of arrogant fucks who put a pretty shitty product on the field and i would love to see them get knocked down a peg or two. The only reason it is so popular is because of gambling and it annoys me.

:thumbup:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

america's past time dude. ;):mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.