Oktoberfest

bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Posts: 228
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey German peeps,
I'll be attending Oktoberfest in Munich this year. This is a dream come true for me, being a lover of beer. I've already got a hotel close to the festival grounds and have secured a rental car (we're driving in from Amsterdam and our hotel has free parking). Any tips? What else is good to see in Munich. Being a lover of vintage BMW, I'll be visiting their museum for sure...

Any and all advice is appreciated
"Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i only spent a few days in munchen and didn't really hit anything but the bier-garten ... haha ... if you have the time - i would zip up to berlin ... also there are some other nice places in bavaria worth visiting - short day trips ...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    elbows HI!!!
  • polaris_x wrote:
    i only spent a few days in munchen and didn't really hit anything but the bier-garten ... haha ... if you have the time - i would zip up to berlin ... also there are some other nice places in bavaria worth visiting - short day trips ...
    Thanks, been to Berlin before...will look into other Bavaria stuff
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Where exactly is your hotel, because there will be a large security cordon around the grounds and the surrounding areas and it is a nightmare to drive anywhere close by. Unless you have a residence permit you can't bring cars within a certain area or if you have to you will be stopped and searched. Do not have anything in the car that could cause you problems with the police or smell of alcohol.