All Along the Watch Tower chords - PJ version

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited August 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Question: Are the chords Am, Em, and F? I was fooling around the guitar and trying to figure out what the chords were. Are these correct?
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91 wrote:
    Question: Are the chords Am, Em, and F? I was fooling around the guitar and trying to figure out what the chords were. Are these correct?

sounds good to me....not quite sure if its how PJ plays it but I always play it Am, Em, F, G
  • Newch91 wrote:

That's correct. I switch between barre/power chords for the verse and open chords for the chorus to provide some variation.
  • Not quite. It's Am, G, F throughout the whole tune.

He is right. I must have not read the OP properly.

I'm embarrassed. :oops:

Agreed....except I go back to G after F.....so it would be Am, G, F, G......over and over and over again
  • chorduroy wrote:
    Not quite. It's Am, G, F throughout the whole tune.

Agreed....except I go back to G after F.....so it would be Am, G, F, G......over and over and over again

Yep. You're right. :)
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    chorduroy wrote:
    Not quite. It's Am, G, F throughout the whole tune.

Ah thank you to the two of you!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • You're very welcome! Have fun with it.
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Ok, so then as maybe a follow up question what scales can then be used given this chord progression to play leads? :)

Soory, dont mean to hijack the thread... :oops:
  • Well, the A minor scale would be the most common choice here. Of course, you could always jazz it up but who would want to do that on that song? :D
  • savman wrote:
    Ok, so then as maybe a follow up question what scales can then be used given this chord progression to play leads? :)

Soory, dont mean to hijack the thread... :oops:

The more the merrier bro.....

The Aminor pentatonic scale (in any of the 5 positions) sounds perfect over this progression. This is a fun tune to jam on with 2 guitar players.....you can each take turns playing leads, rhythm etc...