Lost a furry little friend...

robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
my hamster Maggie McCready got out in the middle of the night. im a horrible parent and didnt secure the top of your cage as tight as i could have (im assuming). now my baby is all alone somewhere and i cant find her. i left her bed, food and ball surrounded by flour in the room i suspect shes in. could use some pearl jam style love on this one. i know shes just a hamster, but i love her.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    This happened to a friend of mine. Her daughter was devistaed but they did end up finding her 4 days later so there's hope! I'm sure she'll turn up :D Good luck!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
    It will come back and tell you all about the amazing adventures it had on the trip.
    But pretty good thinking on the flour, I didn't think of that when my hamster Frank got out one night. I did however tear down a wall of bookshelves when I heard it scurring behind it. But he came back, in fact I don't think he even ever left the room. Oh but the stories he had to tell about giant spiders, trolls and what have you.

So rest assured - PJ love style from Denmark going your way.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • jammajamma Posts: 31
    Several years back my daughters hamster, Oliver, got out of his cage. We had cats so after a few days assumed we'd never find him. Turns out I saw him one day leaving the kitchen headed towards her bedroom, he was going to the kitchen, I believe to get water from the cats water bowl. Anyway, we were able to catch him and he lived a long, happy hamster life and was never eaten by one of our cats.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer."
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    You're gonna want to hire one of my telepathically trained pythons. No worries.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Have you checked with Richard Gere?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Poncier wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My little guy (Happy the Hamster) LOVES blueberries. Maybe change your hamster bait.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    aw, poor thing

here's hoping you find her well
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    So sorry to hear that - I have a dwarf hamster and have lost others along the way.
  • thanks for the support all. day one went by with no signs. we set up deep boxes with peanut butter in the them to lure her out. alot of people online said their hamsters are sometimes gone for a week. plenty of hope still.
    -robby
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    my hamster Maggie McCready got out in the middle of the night. im a horrible parent and didnt secure the top of your cage as tight as i could have (im assuming). now my baby is all alone somewhere and i cant find her. i left her bed, food and ball surrounded by flour in the room i suspect shes in. could use some pearl jam style love on this one. i know shes just a hamster, but i love her.

I hope you find her and I like her name :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm sorry. That sucks. I hope she shows up soon
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    She's probably just off having a hamster adventure. She'll probably send you a tiny little postcard featuring a photo of your living room.

Come back soon, Maggie!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    This happened to me once....the little fucker ate a hole in my mattress and hid in there for like a week until I heard him scurrying around and then he came out and I captured him again.

Think creatively as to where she could've hid...there are a lot of options for a hamster.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • She's probably just off having a hamster adventure. She'll probably send you a tiny little postcard featuring a photo of your living room.

Come back soon, Maggie!

FOUND!!! she WAS upstairs IN the living room couch!!! me and my girlfriend are ecstatic. thank you all for the love and support.

-robby, jess and maggie!
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    happy ending! good news!

glad my dog cant fit inside my couch :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    And so we're awaiting Maggie's posts about Adventures In The Couch.

Glad she's safe and sound!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Poncier wrote:

Best.Answer.Ever
    NERDS!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    She's probably just off having a hamster adventure. She'll probably send you a tiny little postcard featuring a photo of your living room.

Come back soon, Maggie!

FOUND!!! she WAS upstairs IN the living room couch!!! me and my girlfriend are ecstatic. thank you all for the love and support.

-robby, jess and maggie!

Hooray, I'm glad you found her. Now I can tell the terrible story about a friend of mine who lost her hamster in a car years ago. It somehow got like in the body of the car and they couldn't get it out. But when they'd go for car rides, they could hear it. For weeks.

Thank goodness your story has a happy ending. (And never take her for a car ride.)
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    My hamster got out one time and crawled across me in the middle of the night. I thought there was a mouse in the room since my hamster's cage was in the living room. I closed my cat in the room with the hamster/mouse so she could catch it and I slept somewhere else. The next morning I realized my hamster was out and connected the dots and rushed to my room to see what damage had been done. My cat was lazily asleep on the foot of my bed (where she had been when the hamster/mouse had crawled across me). I searched and searched and found my hamster behind my bookcase unscathed. Lucky for little Mona, Smokey the cat was a retired hunter.

Glad you found Maggie!
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Glad all well.

Unfortunately last remaining dwarf hamster died the day before yesterday :(