Options

Advice on where to stay in Boston?

NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 242
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Plan on attending the EV shows.... should I just stay downtown? Any advice on other locations that are easy to travel from?
Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    i stayed at mansfield for the recent shows, not sure where this solo venue is, but we traveled into the city. I would recomend staying in the city and traveling to the venue, and the ghost trolley tour was fun
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    The Opera House is in downtown Boston. But the hotels in that general area seem kind of expensive. You might have to go farther out and take the subway to/from the show.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Yeah, the hotels around Boston Common (where the opera house is located) are very expensive. I would look in the Brighton/Allston area. Just make sure you are close to the green line, because you would need to take it down to Park Street for the show. Otherwise you would have to take a cab. The Doubletree is nice and affordable (around $100 a night), but you probably have to take a cab from there because it isn't within walking distance to the T. Cab fare shouldn't be much though.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    http://www.priceline.com

Bid $100 and you should be able to grab a 3 star hotel. If that's in your budget then staying downtown is probably you're best bet.