**The Wonder Years Thread**

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Who remembers and misses this show? This was one of the best shows that's ever been made and I loved it so much. I'm happy I watched it on reruns when I was a child. This is the one show I want on DVD so bad, but the music rights is killing it.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Did you have a crush on Winnie Cooper? ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • zchick wrote:

Not then but I do now. hehe
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    zchick wrote:

Then and now
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    Who remembers and misses this show? This was one of the best shows that's ever been made and I loved it so much. I'm happy I watched it on reruns when I was a child. This is the one show I want on DVD so bad, but the music rights is killing it.

This has happened to a few shows, Ally Mcbeal, Daria, they finally came out, after they replaced the music w/ stuff they had rights too,music companies suck!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

This has happened to a few shows, Ally Mcbeal, Daria, they finally came out, after they replaced the music w/ stuff they had rights too,music companies suck!

Also Freaks and Geeks. That's on DVD now. I started watching it on IFC yesterday and loved it! Already ordered the box set today on Amazon. With The Wonder Years, they used 350+ songs, so to cover that is hell.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    danica-mckellar-maxim.jpg

Sorry, i had too
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I loved this show as well. They were playing reruns of it up until a few years ago on a few stations in my area.
    Is it true that Paul is Marilyn Manson?
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    I loved the episode where Kevin goes to work with his dad, and see's all shit he has to take, and comes home just as pissed as him :D There were some very real moments in every episode.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    There are still reruns of it in my part of the world.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin

Sorry, i had too

you know she's somebody's momma now right?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    zchick wrote:

Sorry, i had too

you know she's somebody's momma now right?

Lucky kid :twisted:
    Jukee wrote:
    I loved this show as well. They were playing reruns of it up until a few years ago on a few stations in my area.
    No...I don't think so.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jukee wrote:
    No...I don't think so.

def not 2006_3_paulpfieffer1.jpg

- Christopher McCandless
    Did anybody watch "Boy Meets World"? it wasn't as good as Wonder Years, but not a bad show.
    Did anybody watch "Boy Meets World"? it wasn't as good as Wonder Years, but not a bad show.
    MY FAVORITE SHOW GROWING UP!!!!! I DVR it every day and then watch it later on! Can't wait for the DVDs to come out next month!! That's another show I miss.

I watched it when nothing else was on...I like celebrity gossip shows and Mr. Z will tolerate me watching 'The Dish' because he likes 'Topenga' and she hosts it.

- Christopher McCandless
    zchick wrote:

I watched it when nothing else was on...I like celebrity gossip shows and Mr. Z will tolerate me watching 'The Dish' because he likes 'Topenga' and she hosts it.

'Topenga' and she hosts it. Really :twisted:
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I can't believe I forgot about those 2 shows! We were pretty lucky growing up in the 80's & 90's such great shows!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,833
    zchick wrote:

Then and now

+1

I liked the show. I remember the rumor that marilyn manson was pual phieffer :lol:

also dug boy meets world
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    What happened to good comedy-dramas like these? We can't get those anymore.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I'd kill for a DVD release of this..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • one of those shows that even 10 15 years later still is imprinted on my mind. The show effortlessly walked and treaded the line between touching emotional moments that were goosebump enducing and comedy as well as some history thrown in as well.

the writing on the show was flawless. some of the best in tv history. many of the episodes still are in my mind.

hell of a show
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    For our family it appealed to my kids, then elementary age, but also to JB and I because the setting was when we were kids in the 60's. That made a perfect family show for family time but I would have to say we watched it long after the kids grew out of it ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ob59hsRaFU
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Absolutely loved the wonder years and yes fancied the peachy arse off Winnie :lol:

Wish it was back on our screens or on DVD :(
    I need a coffee!
    We won't see it on DVD for a long time; they have to clear ALL the music rights in the show.

I hear youtube has full episodes, in three videos, on there.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Great show!
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    It was a good family show. Nicely done!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Newch91 wrote:
    What happened to good comedy-dramas like these? We can't get those anymore.

Reality T.V., which was fun for like the first two years, but got old quick, atleast in my opinion.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I loved watching the wonder years.... I had a big crush on Kevin Savage. I miss the show.
    ********************************************************************************************* image