Options

a Pearl Jam show in Israel..

ofirsomofirsom Posts: 1
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Ok, I don't really know to which forum should I refer this message so i'll
leave it here and pray for the right person to read it.
There's an unbelivable Pearl Jam crowd in Israel , that desire and can't wait to see them live here, over the last year came really good artist like Iggy Pop and The Stooges, Nine Inch Nails, Incubus, NOFX, and more , but man i tell you, the main subject is "will Pearl Jam come?" , people signing petitions(http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html),
arranging tribute shows (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rg3XmbK1y8k),
etc..
It's my dream to hear and see you live , and there are so much people that dream the same dream as me..
Thanks and hope i'll see you soon..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    wow! first post- good luck with this thing, but at the earliest it probably won't happen until at least 2009.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Talk to Einat. SHe's been trying to bring them to Israel for years.
    There is a big PJ community there and I know they have been organizing meetups, cover band shows and such. Lots of people went on the past 2 tours.
    Einat went to almost every show in June, last Sept. and did the Australian tour.
    Talk to her if you dont know her by now ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    amiramir Posts: 131
    just a reminder.... thousands of israeli people have signed petitions and so many more are silently waiting for PJ to make the right choice and rock israel in 2008!!!!!!!
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    do this in early august, ok?

:)
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    The weather is Perfect and an outdoor Roman Theatre Pearl Jam show will be HEAVEN!

https://secure2.convio.net/jnf/images/content/pagebuilder/60391.jpg

"I will not lose my faith..."
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I will totally be there if they come.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    so will the former grace6697. she was a big supporter of Israel.

:)
  • Options
    And they'll have to open with Corduroy... Even though I’d rather have Oceans :)

Here is the correct link to the petition - it's getting bigger!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    einatshaul wrote:
    The weather is Perfect and an outdoor Roman Theatre Pearl Jam show will be HEAVEN!

Wow, I'd come to Israel to see PJ at that venue, it looks amazing. Good luck with it, I hope you get them when they play Europe next. I'd also suggest researching promotors, venues and emailing them as this may make their job easier.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    einatshaul wrote:

That's one beautiful place to jam. :)
  • Options
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Wow, I'd come to Israel to see PJ at that venue, it looks amazing. Good luck with it, I hope you get them when they play Europe next. I'd also suggest researching promotors, venues and emailing them as this may make their job easier.

Thank you! you are most welcome to my home!! And yes, we've all put our efforts into all of the above, I guarantee Kelly Curtis all he has to do is give the o.k. :) I've got it down to specific dinner requirements...
    demetrios wrote:
    That's one beautiful place to jam.
    The ocean (or rather, Mediterranean) is right there for the inspiration of the mind and body... If Mike remembers one thing from Isie, it would be this place :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I'll come, too :D
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    the petition is over 5000 people!

way to go einat! :P
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    The Roman Theatre is great, but imagine PJ live at the Sultan's Pool in Jerusalem! or even a remote locationg in the desert will be cool. Actually, any show in Israel will be the best :)

We got over 5000 signatures, and i heard for the greeks 2000 was sufficiant.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

If we ever get a show - you are all welcome at my place.
    It's okay, you know I love you anyway
  • Options
    BTW - Einat I miss you!
    It's okay, you know I love you anyway
  • Options
    I agree that Pearl Jam should really play in Israel. I was just in Israel this December. Its actually funny... i was at that exact theatre in the picture by the sea, https://secure2.convio.net/jnf/images/content/pagebuilder/60391.jpg i believe that was taken in Cesarea. And when i was there i was thinking how nice it would be if PJ played there with the sea in the background and the intense view.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    MINDWIREUK wrote:

I saw Eric Clapton at that venue back in '88... it is a beautiful place... I would be there at a drop of a hat from NY if i knew Pearl Jam was playing there... the fact that i have family living in Israel makes it all the easier...

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    i know you really love pearl jam but i would be afraid for my favorite band to play in a country that is in the middle of a civil war, with all the human rights violations and suffering in war torn palestine is it really a safe environment for our beloved pj? I hope pearl jam will play israel when peace is found.
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    I hope pearl jam will play israel when peace is found.

but I want to see them in my lifetime!
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    nothing like a positive attitude to get things done!
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    Noonie wrote:
    but I want to see them in my lifetime!

Their lifetime, you should say :)

Not all is Wartorn, they may still feel safe playing an underground bunker with gassmasks on, where we all live in fear huddled together, then we can get In Hiding ;)
  • Options
    israel isn't in the middle of a civil war.

it's never had a civil war.

ok, august it is. :)
  • Options
    I requested September! Still warm, bright lovely weather, Eddie can go surfing, Mike can pick Bananas at a Kibbutz, Jeff can go rolling across Tel Aviv's skater parks, Stone will ride his bike and Matt can do some caffe people watching. Hopefully not too many people will be watching. The coffees really good though.

August I'll be in Texas, Philly, NY, you know, wherever that supposed tour turns out to be... I can bring'em back home in September :)
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Their lifetime, you should say :)

Not all is Wartorn, they may still feel safe playing an underground bunker with gassmasks on, where we all live in fear huddled together, then we can get In Hiding ;)

:D Good luck! It looks like a beautiful place to play. I hope they do.
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    The venue in Caesarea is perfect for a pearl jam show!
    In addition to what you've written, Einat, there are a couple of wineries in my hometown of Zichron Yaaqov (which is very close to the venue) for the guys to visit in.
    I'm willing to be the tour guide :)
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    btw - another great venue is the Sultan's pool in Jerusalem.
    http://www.jerusalemshots.com/i/jerusalem/Aviv-Gefen-Brihat-Sultan-1.jpg
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    no a wrote:
    btw - another great venue is the Sultan's pool in Jerusalem.
    http://www.jerusalemshots.com/i/jerusalem/Aviv-Gefen-Brihat-Sultan-1.jpg

That would be even more convenient for me, but I think it would be nicer up in Caesarea.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    It's never too early

Come on already!
  • Options
    nkobiknkobik Posts: 55
    YEAH !

come on already...

The hummus on us...
  • Options
    5 thousand israelis signed a petiton asking you to come