H1N1

coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anybody know what happened to this? The media was adding the fear across the world as if it were about to end life as we know it and the poof....like Keyser Soze....it was gone!

Someone could have atleast thrown a big ass concert like they did with SARS ;)
Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
Leaving is for the answering machine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i read the other day they are about to call the pandemic over ...

proponents of the mass media campaign will say it was that fear that made people vaccinate themselves thus preventing the further affects of this flu virus

opponents will say that big pharma continues to make big dollars ...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The U.S. Public Health Emergency for 2009 H1N1 Influenza expired on June 23, 2010. On August 10, 2010, the World Health Organization (WHO) International Health Regulations (IHR) Emergency Committee declared an end to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic globally. For information about CDC’s response to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, visit The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic: Summary Highlights, April 2009-April 2010. Internationally, 2009 H1N1 viruses and seasonal influenza viruses are co-circulating in many parts of the world. It is likely that the 2009 H1N1 virus will continue to spread for years to come, like a regular seasonal influenza virus.

Above is from the Centers for Disease Control website. Which, by the way, is a really cool site to poke around in. So is the WHO site.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • !!!!!!!SWINE FLU!!!!!!!!

Ahh, memories... I spent last autumn making scores of posts on the various H1N1 threads over in A Moving Train. Good times!

I still don't know even one person who suspected that he or she had "swine flu."

Vitamin D3 is the way to prevent illness. Simply put, D3 is the immune system. With low levels of D, infections are common, rates of asthma and diabetes increase. Cancer is THREE TIMES as prevalent in the northern U.S. than in the south due to the lack of proper sunlight in the winter. I should compile the links I've read about 95% of American babies being deficient in Vitamin D. I could weep at the ignorance which keeps us all so ill.

Love, Brynne
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    scare public. motivate gov't to buy. gov't buys. they get rich. life goes on.........

perfect scam.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

I still don't know even one person who suspected that he or she had "swine flu."
    I know plenty of people who know people who know people :D

The only people I know who got vaccinated were those who had kids... which I think is the most disgusting kinda fearmongering... who knows what they were injecting those kids.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I oinked a couple of times, but never got to the point of wallowing in the mud
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg