painting a house

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
the landlord had this house and the neighbor's place painted.
very nice job.
i can't believe this painter guy.
2 days on each house. (he washed them both weeks ago...not counting this)
taping windows with plastic, removing gutter work, trim up the ass that is a different color than the houses.
i think im getting brown with a darker or lighter brown trim.
neighbors are a dark green with dark brown trim.
looks great.

this guy busts his ass.
i told him so and asked for a business card.

anyone ever paint a house with a brush?
this guy uses a air brush thing of some kind.
he's been painting houses for 12 yrs.

i guessed he started painting houses as a kid with his father, he said i was right.
i rule... :mrgreen:
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    If only all painters could be that fast!!!! My brother in law is a painter and with an air brush can go pretty fast.
    I love painting - painted my new office recently (sunshine yellow) it was very therapeutic.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    tinkerbell wrote:
    If only all painters could be that fast!!!! My brother in law is a painter and with an air brush can go pretty fast.
    I love painting - painted my new office recently (sunshine yellow) it was very therapeutic.
    wanna paint my bathroom sunshine yellow?

i've painted several houses inside and out with a regular old brush.
    it's not hard work but very much a pain in the ass.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Inside a roller is so much easier and faster. Buy me a ticket to Washington and I'll paint your bathroom!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,029
    used to paint and hang wallpaper for a living. I too learned from my dad. We never used sprayers like this guy did. I was also usually extremely hungover on a daily basis. used to think painting sucked. came to find out it was the hangovers that sucked!! Painting anit so bad. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I had my laundry room painted a sunshine yellow... very pretty. The sun shines through my window - most of the day, so its bright in there. I never need to turn on the light.

It kind of makes doing laundry - somewhat pleasant.... ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Back in WI, JB and I stained our Swiss Chalet style house with a brush, cedar siding, from brown to gray. It may have been before sprays as it was in the mid 80's. God awful job on a ladder. I remember the brush kept flying out of my hand cause it was so wet and drippy with stain. There goes the brush again, got to climb down and get it.... :roll: :lol: I laugh now.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    Back in WI, JB and I stained our Swiss Chalet style house with a brush, cedar siding, from brown to gray. It may have been before sprays as it was in the mid 80's. God awful job on a ladder. I remember the brush kept flying out of my hand cause it was so wet and drippy with stain. There goes the brush again, got to climb down and get it.... :roll: :lol: I laugh now.
    i can see this.
    poor Pandora the brush getting lady.
    up down up down up down,
    zooom again goes the brush falling to the ground getting grass and dirt on it.
    good times im sure.
    did you cuss?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    i can see this.
    poor Pandora the brush getting lady.
    up down up down up down,
    zooom again goes the brush falling to the ground getting grass and dirt on it.
    good times im sure.
    did you cuss?
    I swore! more than once!!
    and yes you envision right, brush covered in grass and dirt.
    My arms and hands they are so sore, I can barely hold the brush
    but it sure looked nice when we were done, especially with the steel colored micro blinds :lol: