censorship on this forum

13»

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    we should be able to say want we want. what do you all think?should there be rules to what we can say?

in reality, you can say and write whatever you want but so can others. the idea of free speech means that no-one can prevent you from saying anything but not that they can't say what they want to say to also.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    just write everything in white.

free speech sucks
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    dunkman wrote:

free speech sucks

:lol::lol:AWESOME!!! :lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    oh yeah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dunkman wrote:

free speech sucks

ban_him_sm1.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    oh yeah
    that fuckin 81.
    told y'all he was good, real fuckin good.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    chadwick wrote:
    i really wish you would change your avatar, it is scary, it's like a rorschach test on crack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76UXSdUVuLk

That cannot be the real rorschach test, right.

Those pictures ARE all perverted right? alien monkeys....
    DangDang wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i really wish you would change your avatar, it is scary, it's like a rorschach test on crack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76UXSdUVuLk

every one i saw was not mentioned.
    the first ink blot test is a pumpkin.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    speakin of censorship
    i am sure some of the folks here consider some of the screen names chosen are inappropriate.
    how does this work?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    i will say this last coment on the subject. i have seen all manner of obsenitys used on these boards with no threads locked. i have seen all kinds of sexual comments with no threads locked. i have seen comments were people admit to illeagal activitys with no threads locked conversations on rampant drinking and drug useage...no threads locked,but make fun of penises and vagina's....to vulgar...locked. from this forum i lock my self for awhile....i need a fucking break and a muffin while i name my thingy...good day
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i will say this last coment on the subject. i have seen all manner of obsenitys used on these boards with no threads locked. i have seen all kinds of sexual comments with no threads locked. i have seen comments were people admit to illeagal activitys with no threads locked conversations on rampant drinking and drug useage...no threads locked,but make fun of penises and vagina's....to vulgar...locked. from this forum i lock my self for awhile....i need a fucking break and a muffin while i name my thingy...good day

i thought there was an unspoken understanding that, if we were in AET, there was more levity allowed.
    But i guess not :lol:
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    Hell, if I owned the domain and the board all you fuckers would be banned :lol::mrgreen:
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    I belong to another forum where there is absolutely no moderation whatsoever, it got pretty wild for a time but common sense took over and it has settled down now.
    you know what this forum needs..............

some tour news
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    chadwick wrote:
    DangDang wrote:

every one i saw was not mentioned.
    the first ink blot test is a pumpkin.

You mean you didn't see the two alien monkeys with female and male parts facing each other? It was I think the 3rd one. I thought to myself "look. two alien monkeys, both with female and male parts, facing each other" This was apparently what crazy people saw.

1st pic I saw scary face. Apparently also what crazy people saw. and 2nd and 3rd and 4th--I saw all things immediatley that only crazy people see, & none at all what normal people do not see. at that time I concluded that it must be a joke video. RIGHT??!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,028
    if you would all just :shh: there would be no need for censorship!! so zip it!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    inmytree wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    I figure people get banned on this forum for shitting on one another, corrrect? I mean like the intellectual cock-measuring that goes on in the Moving Train thread where peasents pretend to belong to political parties that just might give an ant's shit about them.

peasants...? :think:
    Poor choice of word on my part. It was meant as a shot at those who believe their station rises belong to the winning team of one particular argument. I just see it happening alot on the Moving Train forum.

P.S. I got away with writing all that before? I guess the censorship isn't as bad as some claim it is.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Well, everything in life has rules, plain and simple. To the couple of threads you're referring to people could get offended. I wasn't one of those, but you could imagine there would be some people out there that would.

But, if Ed was the mod, would he lock the thread? No.

It's funny, the ethics and morals that the band 'preach' and that we follow religiously through their music and speech's at shows, appear not to be the same of the Mods governing this forum.

and you know ed feels about posting names for vaginas and penises on an OPEN forum, where anyone of any age can read them, how???

I never said how Ed feels about posting names for vagina's and penises, you misinterpreted.

I was merely referring to the notion of free speech, and Ed's anti-conservative views.

How do I know this? Well just about nearly any pj concert I have been to or listened too.

of course i misinterpreted, you were non specific. :P ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    mdigenakis wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    mdigenakis wrote:
    I figure people get banned on this forum for shitting on one another, corrrect? I mean like the intellectual cock-measuring that goes on in the Moving Train thread where peasents pretend to belong to political parties that just might give an ant's shit about them.

peasants...? :think:
    Poor choice of word on my part. It was meant as a shot at those who believe their station rises belong to the winning team of one particular argument. I just see it happening alot on the Moving Train forum.

P.S. I got away with writing all that before? I guess the censorship isn't as bad as some claim it is.

no worries...I was was just curious...and I don't disagree that "winning team" mentality tends to pop up on the train...for me, I see that in any forum that has disagreements...

anyhoo, I was just curious about the word choice... :D
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    no worries...I was was just curious...and I don't disagree that "winning team" mentality tends to pop up on the train...for me, I see that in any forum that has disagreements...

anyhoo, I was just curious about the word choice... :D[/quote]

One more apology for that sentence. I'm glad you understood, but how did you read it? I must've been very sleepy.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    chadwick wrote:
    IBTL :D
    ibtl?

In Before Thread Locked, you've never heard that one Chad?

actually, it's In Before The Lock. . .