Unexpected trip down memory lane - clean out car to sell...

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So we are trading in my car tomorrow for a new ride. My red 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT that I bought brand new in 2002 is going to the dealer and off to auction.

I figured I'd run outside real quick today to clean it out so I didn't forget anything after work tomorrow. What should have taken about 10 minutes, took over a half hour and involved running in the house to get a beer lol...

In 2002, I was single, working in Pittsburgh and living in a tiny studio apartment... Eight years later, I'm married with a son (and another on the way), and am living outside of Albany, NY... Along the way, I've lived/worked in 3 different states, four (?) apartments and now our house... had a long distance relationship (that resulted in the family I have now) where I drove many times from Pittsburgh to Massachusetts and back, and that car has driven to probably ten Pearl Jam shows over the years.

Some things sparked memories like receipts and concert working passes (worked in a few different arenas over the years), but most of all it was the CD's I found in the visor CD holder, glove box or random loose ones under the seats lol... CD's I have long forgot about, but just seeing the disc, I remembered times listening to them years ago... It's amazing how a song can instantly place you in a memory from years ago.

I'm glad we're getting a new car, but I'll kinda miss my old friend who has been about the only thing that hasn't changed over the last 8 years...
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln