Post up your fantasty football team

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
from my first draft with round and overall selection number. (10 teams, no reception bonus, pretty standard scoring) 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, d, k, te

1. (5) Michael Turner
2. (16) Calvin Johnson
3. (25) Cedric Benson
4. (36) Anquan Boldin
5. (45) Vernon Davis
6. (56) Wes Welker
7. (65) T.J. Houshmandzadeh
8. (76) Minnesota
9. (85) Jay Cutler
10. (96) Nate Washington
11. (105) Arian Foster
12. (116) Johnny Knox
13. (125) Anthony Gonzalez
14. (136) Kyle Orton
15. (145) Garrett Hartley
16. (156) Devin Aromashodu
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Here's who I ended up with in my first draft this year (had #1 pick out of 10 person league with a snake draft)
    I dont recall the order I drafted everyone, so I'll group by position:
    1. Chris Johnson
    2. Cedric Benson
    3. Clinton Portis
    4. Brandon Jacobs
    5. Tim Hightower
    6. Javon Ringer
    7. Joe Flacco
    8. Matt Ryan
    9. Anquan Boldin
    10. Greg Jennings
    11. TJ Whosyamama
    12. Dwayne Bowe
    13. Louis Murphy
    14. Chris Chambers
    15. Kellen Winslow
    16. Visanthe Shiancoe
    17. Jay Feeley
    18. Jets D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • I hope you have better luck with turner this year than i did last year. he killed me, and I drafted him 3rd overall. That said, i would take again this ear, but not 3rd overall. I have 2 drafts next week. one is a normal draft, the other is a keeper auction. $175 salary cap, and I get to keep Adrian Peterson for $36. On the open market, he'd go for at least $60. i plan to use some of that extra cash on either Aaron Rodgers or Ray Rice. the same guy has both and can only keep 1. That and a run at Ryan Matthews, and round out the roster with some $5 lplayers, maybe one more $20 guy
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    but true football only has 11 players.

:P :P :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 6. Javon Ringer

who is that? someone I should know/draft?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Not This!!!

soccer_girls.jpg

But This!!!

200809041947712700395-pf.hmedium.jpg

Not This!!!

soccer_girls.jpg

But This!!!

200809041947712700395-pf.hmedium.jpg
    oh u mean the one played with hands?and people complaing for my Greekglish...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • well dimi they cant call it throwball ,or wear lots of body armour ball or stand in a field doing nothing much for 4 hours ball.

and im now a newcastle fan after the above pic..lol
    well dimi they cant call it throwball ,or wear lots of body armour ball or stand in a field doing nothing much for 4 hours ball.

and im now a newcastle fan after the above pic..lol
    spurs for me ;)
  • These are the results of the first of five drafts I will be having. Somehow Chris Johnson fell to #3, so I'm not complaining. DeSean Jackson and Laurence Maroney were not at all my picks but my internet lost connection right when it was my pick those rounds and it picked the next guy on the board.

1. (3) Chris Johnson
    2. (18) Larry Fitzgerald
    3. (23) Philip Rivers
    4. (38) DeSean Jackson
    5. (43) Kevin Kolb
    6. (58) Justin Forsett
    7. (63) Tony Gonzalez
    8. (78) Donovan McNabb
    9. (83) Donald Driver
    10. (98) Baltimore
    11. (103) Ricky Williams
    12. (118) Mason Crosby
    13. (123) Willis McGahee
    14. (138) Laurence Maroney
    15. (143) Greg Olsen
    16. (158) San Diego
    17. (163) Bernard Berrian
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    6. Javon Ringer

who is that? someone I should know/draft?
    Backup runing back for tn. Decent pick if chris johnson was to go down
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited August 2010
    not to bad. i was suprised that roddy and jennings slipped to me. i'm really happy with the first 5 picks. (10 teams, standard scoring plus point per reception, 1qb, 2wr, 2rb 1wr/rb, te, k, d)

1 Chris Johnson, Ten RB
    20 Roddy White, Atl WR
    21 Greg Jennings, GB WR
    40 Antonio Gates, SD TE
    41 Matt Forte, Chi RB
    60 T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Sea WR
    61 Arian Foster, Hou RB
    80 Bernard Berrian, Min WR
    81 Jay Cutler, Chi QB
    100 Nate Washington, Ten WR
    101 Ben Roethlisberger*, Pit QB
    120 Ryan Longwell, Min K
    121 Eddie Royal, Den WR
    140 Cadillac Williams, TB RB
    141 Giants D/ST, NYG D/ST
    160 Leon Washington, Sea RB
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    These are the results of the first of five drafts I will be having. Somehow Chris Johnson fell to #3, so I'm not complaining. DeSean Jackson and Laurence Maroney were not at all my picks but my internet lost connection right when it was my pick those rounds and it picked the next guy on the board.

1. (3) Chris Johnson
    2. (18) Larry Fitzgerald
    3. (23) Philip Rivers
    4. (38) DeSean Jackson
    5. (43) Kevin Kolb
    6. (58) Justin Forsett
    7. (63) Tony Gonzalez
    8. (78) Donovan McNabb
    9. (83) Donald Driver
    10. (98) Baltimore
    11. (103) Ricky Williams
    12. (118) Mason Crosby
    13. (123) Willis McGahee
    15. (143) Greg Olsen
    16. (158) San Diego

talk about a gift wrapped 3rd pick. fitzgerald scares teh heck out of me. tough to pass at 18. funny how i grabbed benard at 80 and he slipped to 163 on yours.

on the flip side, a guy in my second league grabbed devin aroumashudu in the 10th round, and i was able to grab him in the last round in my other league

we'll see
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    can i just say 86' Giants, leave it at that.
  • 81 wrote:
    These are the results of the first of five drafts I will be having. Somehow Chris Johnson fell to #3, so I'm not complaining. DeSean Jackson and Laurence Maroney were not at all my picks but my internet lost connection right when it was my pick those rounds and it picked the next guy on the board.

1. (3) Chris Johnson
    2. (18) Larry Fitzgerald
    3. (23) Philip Rivers
    4. (38) DeSean Jackson
    5. (43) Kevin Kolb
    6. (58) Justin Forsett
    7. (63) Tony Gonzalez
    8. (78) Donovan McNabb
    9. (83) Donald Driver
    10. (98) Baltimore
    11. (103) Ricky Williams
    12. (118) Mason Crosby
    13. (123) Willis McGahee
    15. (143) Greg Olsen
    16. (158) San Diego

talk about a gift wrapped 3rd pick. fitzgerald scares teh heck out of me. tough to pass at 18. funny how i grabbed benard at 80 and he slipped to 163 on yours.

on the flip side, a guy in my second league grabbed devin aroumashudu in the 10th round, and i was able to grab him in the last round in my other league

we'll see

Yeah I may regret the Fitzgerald pick. He's coming off an injury and Leinart sucks ass, so who knows. I think Berrian will be going higher in drafts now since Rice is out at least half the year and Harvin is always having those migraines. Favre will be airing it out to someone so I hope it's him.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I made the mistake of taking Sidney Rice :(

My other receivers are :

Hester CHI
    Britt TEN
    Nicks NYG
    Smith CAR
    Cotchery NYJ

Any sleepers out there I can look into ?

Edit : I was looking at Donnie Avery but not thrilled about him
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

My other receivers are :

Hester CHI
    Britt TEN
    Nicks NYG
    Smith CAR
    Cotchery NYJ

wow, hope the rest of your team is solid

off the top of my head, these guys may be available

Devin Aromoshudo (sp)
    Bernard Berrian
    Nate Washington
    Edelman
    somebody in cleveland has to catch the ball. right?
    Tate
    one of the denver wide outs Gaffney or Royal
    Ginn
    Heyward Bey
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    PP, 81 - those are some sketchy receivers.

Also, people should include some info on their league because it would explain some weird drafting styles that I'm seeing. Or at least I hope it would.

Our draft is on the 5th. Can't wait.
    PP, 81 - those are some sketchy receivers.

Also, people should include some info on their league because it would explain some weird drafting styles that I'm seeing. Or at least I hope it would.

Our draft is on the 5th. Can't wait.

just tossing out some players that might be out there...i'll go edit my league info in my original posts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Our draft isn't till next week. My team name is the Codeine Purple Dranks this year. The little avatar for my team is Jamarcus Russell getting intercepted.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    The little avatar for my team is Jamarcus Russell getting intercepted.

:lol:

i've got one more draft next tuesday.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Please believe I'm coming to you for advice this season, 81. I need you kid. You seem like you know where it's at. I'm way better at fantasy baseball and hoops. Three years ago I won because I took all Patriots and they had the greatest offensive season in history. Every other year I've sucked.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    The draft is the best part of the entire thing. We usually have it on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend with the pool opened up around noon, a fresh keg tapped on the beermeister, couple bottles of whiskey(bourbon and scotch respectively) put out, a plethora of dips, and a draft halftime feast. This year will be more low key as I don't have the funds for what I usually do - and that's a pig roast. Thinking about doing goat or lamb next year though. Anyway, we wrap the night up playing poker while passing a bottle of Cutty around, followed by going to the strip club, followed by golf the next morning. It's a good couple of days to say the least.
  • The draft is the best part of the entire thing. We usually have it on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend with the pool opened up around noon, a fresh keg tapped on the beermeister, couple bottles of whiskey(bourbon and scotch respectively) put out, a plethora of dips, and a draft halftime feast. This year will be more low key as I don't have the funds for what I usually do - and that's a pig roast. Thinking about doing goat or lamb next year though. Anyway, we wrap the night up playing poker while passing a bottle of Cutty around, followed by going to the strip club, followed by golf the next morning. It's a good couple of days to say the least.
    Damn, that's wild. I've been to bachelor parties that weren't even that crazy...you guys do it for the fantasy football draft? Wow.
    81 wrote:

Please believe I'm coming to you for advice this season, 81. I need you kid. You seem like you know where it's at. I'm way better at fantasy baseball and hoops. Three years ago I won because I took all Patriots and they had the greatest offensive season in history. Every other year I've sucked.

you don't want to ask me. in my 7-8 years of playing, i've never taken 1st in any league. i've had some good seasons and cashed in, but never won. frustrating.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The draft is the best part of the entire thing. We usually have it on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend with the pool opened up around noon, a fresh keg tapped on the beermeister, couple bottles of whiskey(bourbon and scotch respectively) put out, a plethora of dips, and a draft halftime feast. This year will be more low key as I don't have the funds for what I usually do - and that's a pig roast. Thinking about doing goat or lamb next year though. Anyway, we wrap the night up playing poker while passing a bottle of Cutty around, followed by going to the strip club, followed by golf the next morning. It's a good couple of days to say the least.
    Damn, that's wild. I've been to bachelor parties that weren't even that crazy...you guys do it for the fantasy football draft? Wow.

no kidding. none of my leagues have all the players even in the same time zone (ok, one of my three leagues does). makes it tough for a in person draft.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

no kidding. none of my leagues have all the players even in the same time zone (ok, one of my three leagues does). makes it tough for a in person draft.

Yeah, I won't do a league unless it includes a draft of this nature. The most fun of it is stuff like that. Though one dude will be in San Diego while there rest of us are having a good time. Sad to say, he'll be updating a google spreadsheet as the rest of us make fun of each other.

Fenway, two things: 1) Pick up your bachelor party regiment 2) Same goes for your draft party. A draft should end with everyone sloppy drunk by the last few rounds so the next day you're smacking your head thinking why the hell you draft 2 kickers...

This is how our league sets up - fee is $100; 12 teams, season is 13 weeks, 8 teams make the playoffs; playoff 1st place gets $700 and second gets $200; $100 goes to the season overall points leader; $50 goes to the weekly overall points leader for weeks 10-13 - this keeps the shitty teams from totally bailing on the season, as well as putting 8 teams in the playoffs so there's less of a chance of people quitting on the league earlier in the season. We're a PPR league, draft 15 spots, starting positions of - QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's,TE, flex of WR/TE/RB, Def, K. My favorite part of our league is you get -5 points if your kicker misses an extra point.
  • 81 wrote:

My other receivers are :

Hester CHI
    Britt TEN
    Nicks NYG
    Smith CAR
    Cotchery NYJ

Devin Aromoshudo (sp)
    Bernard Berrian
    Nate Washington
    Edelman
    Tate
    Ginn
    Heyward Bey

This just in:

My beloved Dolphins have traded WR Greg Camarillo to the Vikings for CB Benny Sapp. He wasn't going to get much time in Miami with Marshall, Hartline, and Bess there but I could see him putting up decent numbers with Favre slinging it every chance he gets.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

My other receivers are :

Hester CHI
    Britt TEN
    Nicks NYG
    Smith CAR
    Cotchery NYJ

Devin Aromoshudo (sp)
    Bernard Berrian
    Nate Washington
    Edelman
    Tate
    Ginn
    Heyward Bey

This just in:

My beloved Dolphins have traded WR Greg Camarillo to the Vikings for CB Benny Sapp. He wasn't going to get much time in Miami with Marshall, Hartline, and Bess there but I could see him putting up decent numbers with Favre slinging it every chance he gets.

Hmmm interesting...

My receivers are hurting I may look into some of these guys
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    you would think one of those 10 would have a good year....but which one...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg