Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Flagg wrote:
    Very cool.

i guess...i had to look around to see why this was such a big deal and i guess it's because it shows luke building his own light saber...also, the shot of luke makes him look like the emperor
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's cool, because Vader's trying to influence Luke's thoughts, which plays into Vader sensing Luke on the shuttle craft later, and the exceptance of Luke that Vader's his dad, also that there's this connection to Luke believing there's still good in Vader because, the connection goes both ways, Also, Yes i'm a huge fuckin nerd for reading this much into it.

50 seconds of deleted Jedi, better than 3 prequels!!!

God i hope they make a animated trilogy of the Thrawn novels :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
  • spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    God i hope they make a animated trilogy of the Thrawn novels :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:[/quote]

I agree. They could use the motion capture tech they have now and bring all the originals back.

this i agree with!! :mrgreen:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    very cool. just as described in 'shadows of the empire.'

:geek:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    norm wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Very cool.

i guess...i had to look around to see why this was such a big deal and i guess it's because it shows luke building his own light saber...also, the shot of luke makes him look like the emperor

I think it is a good bridge back to Empire, which ended with Vader trying to contact Luke from the Star Destroyer when Luke was on the Falcon.

Also a lot of people are saying this is him building his lightsaber but it looked to me more like he was just tweaking it before sticking it in R2 for the rescue attempt.

I like the way he heard Vader's voice, kind of thought for a minute and then blew it off.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if you like star wars, you need to talk to my cousin....

he added me on facebook over the weekend, and i'm a bit worried about the guy and his rooms filled with star wars crap collection. :?

i'll have to see if i can post a picture from his facebook collection
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

he added me on facebook over the weekend, and i'm a bit worried about the guy and his rooms filled with star wars crap collection. :?

head over to the porch...they are here among us...just different obsession :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

head over to the porch...they are here among us...just different obsession :lol:

this is true....when's the next show...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    very cool lost footage!
    i just watched all 3 films yesterday on spike (slow day) and i definitely think the ending could've used something more... i mean i hated the fuckin ewoks to begin with so that party is TORTURE... there had to be a better way... even if it was still a happy ending

how does the galaxy rebuild? what happens to the surviving imperial fleet? are they tried for war crimes? what does luke do now with all his daddy issues and no sense of purpose?

why did lucas waste his (and my) time with those prequals and the shitty clone wars cartoon when theres plenty left to be resolved from the first films??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    very cool lost footage!
    i just watched all 3 films yesterday on spike (slow day) and i definitely think the ending could've used something more... i mean i hated the fuckin ewoks to begin with so that party is TORTURE... there had to be a better way... even if it was still a happy ending

how does the galaxy rebuild? what happens to the surviving imperial fleet? are they tried for war crimes? what does luke do now with all his daddy issues and no sense of purpose?

why did lucas waste his (and my) time with those prequals and the shitty clone wars cartoon when theres plenty left to be resolved from the first films??

LOST sounds just like that. It helps that Damon Lindelof is a Star Wars fanatic.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Now I'm going to have to rewatch the original trilogy after watching the scene.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    It's cool, because Vader's trying to influence Luke's thoughts, which plays into Vader sensing Luke on the shuttle craft later, and the exceptance of Luke that Vader's his dad, also that there's this connection to Luke believing there's still good in Vader because, the connection goes both ways, Also, Yes i'm a huge fuckin nerd for reading this much into it.

God i hope they make a animated trilogy of the Thrawn novels :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Nothing wrong with being a Star Wars nerd. ;) :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek:
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    No surprise that it was taken down. The scenes are meant for the Blue Ray release of the movies.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    No surprise that it was taken down. The scenes are meant for the Blue Ray release of the movies.

Just when i started to Love Lucas again, he pulls the rug out from underneath ya.
    SCENES?! :shock:

when do these come out???

hopefully it doesnt suck like the song they added with the "return of the jedi" re-release

Just when i started to Love Lucas again, he pulls the rug out from underneath ya.

when georgie gonna realize that this is the internet :roll:

that clip is already out there and will be posted again...lucas should post a good version...isn't gonna hurt blue ray sales at all
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    very cool lost footage!

Ewoks were supposed to be Wookies.. I'm not sure why Lucas changed it. It was probably near the beginning of his chronic movie fucking up disease.

Vader's fall to the darkside could have been much more interesting than any story after Jedi. It's easy to think of better scenarios for that. Lucas is insane.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    SCENES?! :shock:

when do these come out???

hopefully it doesnt suck like the song they added with the "return of the jedi" re-release
    Fall 2011 is what they're hoping for.
    Ewoks were supposed to be Wookies.. I'm not sure why Lucas changed it. It was probably near the beginning of his chronic movie fucking up disease.

Vader's fall to the darkside could have been much more interesting than any story after Jedi. It's easy to think of better scenarios for that. Lucas is insane.
    wookies would've been a much better fit... that i would've enjoy (although i didnt when they did it in episode II)

and lucas' problem has always been his ego... he delegated power appropriately with empire and thats why it was such a success! he is a great idea man... just not the best screenplay writer

should be interesting to see how he fucks up the upcoming re-re-release :?

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

wookies would've been a much better fit... that i would've enjoy (although i didnt when they did it in episode II)

and lucas' problem has always been his ego... he delegated power appropriately with empire and thats why it was such a success! he is a great idea man... just not the best screenplay writer

should be interesting to see how he fucks up the upcoming re-re-release :?
    I just hope he cuts back some of the additions. Doesn't have to be all. Some things I was ok with. Obviously cleaning up the film and fixing up the already existing special effects were welcome. Adding much of the new stuff wasn't although there were a few things I approved of. Any changes that made the original trilogy more consistent with each other were ok. I do understand funds were limited with a New Hope and at the time they weren't planning expensive sequals.

And Han has to shoot first again, if nothing else.