Dustin Johnson.....

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
........you got fucked in the last hole of the PGA Championship.....feel for you brother
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    bullshit!! no way can that be considered a bunker
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    I was there yesterday....there re 1200 bunkers....and why are patrons allowed to stand in the bunkers if that was one?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    horrible story
    if the pga declares that a bunker
    they cannot let any spectators get that close to it
    dj would never ground his club if he thought there is a chance that it was a bunker
    never
    he did not choke
    he will never hit a shot with an ounce of doubt regarding the rules in the future
    he will win a major someday
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I felt sorry for him as well. Unfortunately that is one weird course with strange local rules. The PGA official that was interviewed afterwards did point out all players had the full local rules sheet which said all sand areas are bunkers and these were even fixed to mirrors in changing rooms. Dustin unfortunately can't have any complaints. Golf does have some stupid rules which need to sorted out.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Isn't that his caddie's responsibility to know the rules of the course?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Probably but he should have known them as well. They have a rules official with each group so I understand. Why didn't he give a reminder when Dustin was walking up to this patch. It was a right state with footprints and extremely scruffy. There are too many stupid incidents in golf, thankfully Dustin didn't sign his card before it was sorted out as he would have been disqualified.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    "All areas of the course that were designed and built as sand bunkers will be played as bunkers (hazards), whether or not they have been raked. This will mean that many bunkers positioned outside of the ropes, as well as some areas of bunkers inside the ropes, close to the rope line, will likely include numerous footprints, heel prints and tire tracks during the play of the Championship. Such irregularities of surface are a part of the game and no free relief will be available from these conditions."
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    "All areas of the course that were designed and built as sand bunkers will be played as bunkers (hazards), whether or not they have been raked. This will mean that many bunkers positioned outside of the ropes, as well as some areas of bunkers inside the ropes, close to the rope line, will likely include numerous footprints, heel prints and tire tracks during the play of the Championship. Such irregularities of surface are a part of the game and no free relief will be available from these conditions."
    And that's that... No excuse...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And that's that... No excuse...

Nope, especially since this was posted in the locker room.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

technically no...it's the players responsibility to know all the rules including local ones...however, if i were a caddy, i'd make sure to know the local rules and make sure my player is making a correct shot

as for the rules official, he cannot volunteer any advice unless he is asked...dustin should have asked if it was a hazard or a waste area
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    we know the rule is against him
    and he should have known the rule, but
    in my opinion, you can't ask that an area should be played as a bunker if spectators are allowed to walk in it
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Thank God he didnt MAKE that putt on 18....could you imagine......