Cillian Murphy

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else love him a bit? He can be ugly and gorgeous in the space of a few seconds... and I don't think he's ever played the same character twice. I think he's one of the most versatile actors out there at the mo.
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Loved him in 28 days, Sunshine and Batman. i tried to watch Breakfast on Pluto, but....No.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Loved him in 28 days, Sunshine and Batman. i tried to watch Breakfast on Pluto, but....No.
    :mrgreen: well breakfast on pluto was the first one I've seen him in and thought 'interesting' :mrgreen: but he's the kinda actor who has the balls to do something like that :mrgreen: he's not really afraid of any character and is not in danger of being typecast. Have you seen 'the wind that shakes the barley'? Think that's where I fell in love with him... and sunshine confirmed that for me. Perriers bounty is pretty decent too... oh... and... INTERMISSION! Brilliant film!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i need to check out more of his work... i always like him when i see him in something... generally just a supporting character tho
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    'the wind that shakes the barley'?

Not yet. This is the one i've been wanting to see. Is it a true story? or just set in that time?
    i need to check out more of his work... i always like him when i see him in something... generally just a supporting character tho
    Yeh that's true but for me he's been the star of every film he's been in and I always just want to see more of him.

I don't think it's a true story... but it's probably based on a few of them... it's a good portrayal of how things became the way they are now. It has a feel of a very cheaply made film and most of the 'actors' aren't actors at all :oops: but the main actors and the storyline manage to make it well worth watching... have a box of tissues beside ya too :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    That's ok, i don't cry, i'm a Man. American Made, built Ford Tough.
    That's ok, i don't cry, i'm a Man. American Made, built Ford Tough.
    My other half (who's English) went pretty quite towards the end. It's strange... he WANTS to see these films... I would never suggest them but he gets it. It's a pretty powerful story... the backdrop is historically accurate but I don't know about the characters portrayed.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    He was cool in Red Eye.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Turns out Christopher Nolan loves him :mrgreen: he asked him to audition for the part of batman but he turned it down and then later got offered scarecrow. I think he's the kinda actor that something needs to be written for... he deserves something meaty. :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Turns out Christopher Nolan loves him :mrgreen: he asked him to audition for the part of batman but he turned it down and then later got offered scarecrow. I think he's the kinda actor that something needs to be written for... he deserves something meaty. :mrgreen:
    ha... cant picture him as batman AT ALL :)

him and sam rockwell are my 2 favorite underrated actors tho

people should totally write more roles with them in mind
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    He is no Dicaprio, but good..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I used to get him confused with Jonathan Rhys Myers :oops: Now I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers :D Sorry not really the point of your thread I realize. :D

I don't like Sam Rockwell :oops: but sometimes I do... even though I don't wanna :D

I think him and Woody Harrelson are the two that I just love watching... they surprise me every time.

Lol champ.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I used to get him confused with Jonathan Rhys Myers :oops: Now I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers :D Sorry not really the point of your thread I realize. :D
    :D well they're both from Cork... and they both have piercing blue eyes... but that's about it. I can't really stand Jonathan Rhys Myers... he has a great face but should stick to modelling :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I used to get him confused with Jonathan Rhys Myers :oops: Now I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers :D Sorry not really the point of your thread I realize. :D
    :D well they're both from Cork... and they both have piercing blue eyes... but that's about it. I can't really stand Jonathan Rhys Myers... he has a great face but should stick to modelling :oops:

Yeah I just like to look at him :D
    I used to get him confused with Jonathan Rhys Myers :oops: Now I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers :D Sorry not really the point of your thread I realize. :D

Yeah I just like to look at him :D
    same with Cillian though... his face kinda hypnotises me really... especially in sunshine maybe... it's mesmerising :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    same with Cillian though... his face kinda hypnotises me really... especially in sunshine maybe... it's mesmerising :mrgreen:

its the eyes.

hed as soon as slit your throat as make love to you. you just dont know. and thats a quality i like in a character. makes them dangerous and very very interesting.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Anyone else love him a bit? He can be ugly and gorgeous in the space of a few seconds... and I don't think he's ever played the same character twice. I think he's one of the most versatile actors out there at the mo.

I dunno, he always has a creepy aura about him in the films I've seen him in. I don't dislike him, but I've yet to see anything mind-blowingly good from him.

This, 3 times in ten minutes, i came home and Kilgore steals my words!
    Sam's my favorite actor ever.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I love Cillian Murphy.
    As far as the more famous irish actors of his age range go, he kicks the ass of jonathan rhys myers, imo.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam

its the eyes.

hed as soon as slit your throat as make love to you. you just dont know. and thats a quality i like in a character. makes them dangerous and very very interesting.
    That just raised my heartbeat about a million times :o what does that say about us Cate? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    haffajappa wrote:
    I love Cillian Murphy.
    As far as the more famous irish actors of his age range go, he kicks the ass of jonathan rhys myers, imo.
    Yeh, I don't think the two are comparable... I dunno how Rhys Meyers got as far as he has to be honest... he annoys me... his mouth annoys me, his voice annoys me, the length of his face annoys me :? and his acting annoys me.

I just dont' think there's anyone as interesting as Murphy out there at the moment.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

its the eyes.

That just raised my heartbeat about a million times :o what does that say about us Cate? :D

it means were unafraid and relish the idea of the thrill of a knifes edge. metaphorically speaking of course. or not. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

its the eyes.

it means were unafraid and relish the idea of the thrill of a knifes edge. metaphorically speaking of course. or not. ;)8-)
    :D Yep, that's it! I always seem to fancy the bad ones... luckily it hasn't carried over to real life but he can't understand why I root for people like Javier Bardem in no country for old men :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Have you seen "Peacock"?

Interesting film!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    He was great in Batman Begins and 28 Days Later

I never saw this movie, but supposedly he was real good in Breakfast on Pluto (about a transgendered person, actually he looked pretty good as a woman, LOL)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I had no idea who the name was, but just googled him. Oh... THAT guy.

Never once heard his name.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    oona left wrote:
    Have you seen "Peacock"?

Interesting film!
    Nope... apparently it went straight to dvd but got great reviews... would ya recommend?

Lol CJM, I was thinking earlier that I was surprised that people knew who he was... didn't think many would to be honest.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oona left wrote:
    Have you seen "Peacock"?

Interesting film!
    Nope... apparently it went straight to dvd but got great reviews... would ya recommend?

Lol CJM, I was thinking earlier that I was surprised that people knew who he was... didn't think many would to be honest.

hes irish... thats always enough for me helen. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I seen Cillian around Cork a few times, years ago. Jonathan Rhys Meyers went to my school alright before he got kicked out :lol:
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"