if you were writing a new series of Blackadder

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
what era would you use next?

I think a Roman one would have been good...

probably the best sitcom ever shown :thumbup:

Bob: [Horrified] Oh sir, oh sir, please don't give me away, sir. I just wanted to be like my brothers and join up. I want to see how a war is fought... So badly!

Blackadder: Well, you've come to the right place, Bob. A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, High Chief of all the Vikings accidentally ordered eighty thousand battle helmets with the horns on the inside.
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh god I LOVE Blackadder! :D

I'd probably have to go with Roman too... the jokes about incest, gladiators and invasion would be epic :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    it's quite hard to think of other 'eras' actually... i was thinking the 60s could have been funny, but god knows where it would have been set?

ehhhhh ... Industrial revolution... cotton mills and all that? :?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    it's quite hard to think of other 'eras' actually... i was thinking the 60s could have been funny, but god knows where it would have been set?

1920's East coast America - Gangsters, molls, corruption etc...

1970's Southern America - The Vietnam war reaction, the reaction to politicians like George Wallace and the race issue...

1960's England - Carnaby street and Mods vs Rockers...

1980's Germany - The Berlin wall, politics and the reaction to Flock of Seagulls....

I could go on ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:

1970's Southern America - The Vietnam war reaction, the reaction to politicians like George Wallace and the race issue...

1980's Germany - The Berlin wall, politics and the reaction to Flock of Seagulls....

I could go on ;)

yeah, it could even be set in India during the Empire days... ooohhhh i like that!

It has to be British of setting in some way don't you think? it's quintessentially british... imo :thumbup:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    You could probably set it in any era and it would be hilarious!
  • dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I could go on ;)

yeah, it could even be set in India during the Empire days... ooohhhh i like that!

It has to be British of setting in some way don't you think? it's quintessentially british... imo :thumbup:

Oh god yeah, the main characters have to be English! I was thinking of those eras seen through the eyes of English characters :D

India during the Empire days is a win!! :mrgreen: