how many days off work would i get for killing

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
my actual work 'mates'

what a bunch of shallow, worthless, petty individuals they are... they are all professional people yet they bicker and fight amongst themselves daily.. which is totally embarrassing and idiotic.

One of them has even been moved out of our office to an upstairs office because he was so disruptive in meetings and during the working day that he had to be moved!?!?! he's about 52 years of age as well...

Anyway, if one of them gets a day off for her dog being ill, then I reckon i should get about 4 months off...

I wonder if I could get moved into a room of my own .. that'd be great!
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just be REALLY disruptive, eat cabbage and eggs and keep on making loud farts and don't wash for weeks on end. You will soon get your own office! I know you can do it, if you put your mind to it! :mrgreen:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    its so petty in here its unreal.

at least 4 of them refuse to talk to each other... i mean genuinely refuse to speak as they've fallen out over work related stuff.

We might be moving to new accommodation soon and I wonder how easy it would be to get an office just for me and my other colleague... he retires in 3 years so i'll refrain from killing him... for now.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Office politics and pettiness just drive me nuts. It's not bad where I am at the moment. When I work in Transport, it's a whole different ball game! Good thing I'm not a prude or easily offended! Drivers.... :roll:
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    :lol::lol: Welcome to office politics! I've worked for myself for 23 years and haven't missed the office atmosphere one little bit. The thing that always amazed me was how people thrived on getting one over on a colleague and the amount of butt kissing that went on. I wouldn't join in their pathetic games and became a bit of an outsider.

Unfortunately my wife is now facing the "Office Politics" at her place.

Oh well hopefully by early next year we'd have sold up and buggered off.
    redrock wrote:
    Office politics and pettiness just drive me nuts. It's not bad where I am at the moment. When I work in Transport, it's a whole different ball game! Good thing I'm not a prude or easily offended! Drivers.... :roll:

i bet! my sister works in a big factory place and she says the language is genuinely amazing.

the best thing was it was only about 1 or 2 years ago that the management made the guys take down their nude calendars... there are more women than men working there...

and yes i do now own all those calendars.
    dunkman wrote:
    and yes i do now own all those calendars.

Why am I not surprised? :mrgreen:

With the drivers I do draw the line with the C word and I also put in a formal complaint when one told me that since I had a bit of free time, I could give him a blow job (whilst grabbing his crotch and making other rude gestures). Three weeks later, he was 'gone'. But besides that, I just let gossip, etc. just go over my head and try not to pay attention.
    nuffingman wrote:
    I wouldn't join in their pathetic games and became a bit of an outsider.

this is kinda whats happening here... there are about 3 or 4 of them who are my age, but they are about exciting as accountants... they have 'meal nights' where they go to each others houses and cook for each other... and if i suggest we go to the pub only 1 of them drinks.. the other 2 can't handle it and the other 1 goes home at 10.30pm cos she's obviously going to miss some documentary about molluscs or something.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    I wouldn't join in their pathetic games and became a bit of an outsider.

this is kinda whats happening here... there are about 3 or 4 of them who are my age, but they are about exciting as accountants... they have 'meal nights' where they go to each others houses and cook for each other... and if i suggest we go to the pub only 1 of them drinks.. the other 2 can't handle it and the other 1 goes home at 10.30pm cos she's obviously going to miss some documentary about molluscs or something.
    I take it that "meal nights" means they must be female. The females at the last place I worked were great, it was the guys that were the pain. I did however used to wonder how females could have such long conversations about handbags and shoes.
    nuffingman wrote:
    I take it that "meal nights" means they must be female. The females at the last place I worked were great, it was the guys that were the pain. I did however used to wonder how females could have such long conversations about handbags and shoes.

actually no... it's 3 guys and 1 woman :oops:

and they are aged 27-35.

they try to be too cultural for their own good... yet not one of them has heard of Bon Iver or The National... yet they will go to the local arthouse cinema here to watch a Polish film about pig-farming... it's as if its all a pretense.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

actually no... it's 3 guys and 1 woman :oops:

and they are aged 27-35.

they try to be too cultural for their own good... yet not one of them has heard of Bon Iver or The National... yet they will go to the local arthouse cinema here to watch a Polish film about pig-farming... it's as if its all a pretense.

That film about the Warsaw pig farmer was brilliant, I'll have you know.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I always just figure my co-workers probably have as many issues with me as I do with them and so I just shrug it off an go on. It doesn't do me any good to spend my day angry at this one because he took a fake sick day or bitter that this one decided to "work from home" 2 days this week when the rest of us came in.

I try to just worry about myself and things I can control.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    know1 wrote:
    I always just figure my co-workers probably have as many issues with me as I do with them and so I just shrug it off an go on. It doesn't do me any good to spend my day angry at this one because he took a fake sick day or bitter that this one decided to "work from home" 2 days this week when the rest of us came in.

I agree
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    redrock wrote:
    Just be REALLY disruptive, eat cabbage and eggs and keep on making loud farts and don't wash for weeks on end. You will soon get your own office! I know you can do it, if you put your mind to it! :mrgreen:

Man...that's hardcore. Cabbage and egg farts? :sick:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dunkman wrote:
    my actual work 'mates'

what a bunch of shallow, worthless, petty individuals they are... they are all professional people yet they bicker and fight amongst themselves daily.. which is totally embarrassing and idiotic.

One of them has even been moved out of our office to an upstairs office because he was so disruptive in meetings and during the working day that he had to be moved!?!?! he's about 52 years of age as well...

Anyway, if one of them gets a day off for her dog being ill, then I reckon i should get about 4 months off...

wow...great minds think alike, eh?? i think about/talk about killing my co-workers on a daily basis...not all of them....but hey...if anyone gets in my path...well i cant control that...

why is it that so many people are just complete morons/assholes??
    If I hear someone bitch and say "thats not my job" one more time.....its on :twisted:
    maybe we could do a trade....i'll come to your office and you come to mine...we can take care of each other problems??? we'll call it a "vacation" that way we can get paid for it :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    guess i've been lucky to the point that i've avoided most office politics. most, not all. i went 2 years without talking to this one guy after he irked me, and then it was only because i had to talk work related stuff.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    don't have any problems with the people in my department, but since I write software for other departments in my organization I tend to have problems with those people

hey dunk, I'll give you a place to stay for 'vacation' in the South (USA) if you help me 'take care' of the problem people who don't know what a computer is
    i like this 'vacation' idea...

of course the random indiscriminate killing of people you've never met is something that should be frowned upon kids... unless it's at a Simply Red concert of course.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i like this 'vacation' idea...

of course the random indiscriminate killing of people you've never met is something that should be frowned upon kids... unless it's at a Simply Red concert of course.

aw, its all in the name of sanity :lol:
    kill off all the dickholes and the rest of us will finally be at peace :angel:
    can we add barbara streisand to that list :?:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dunkman wrote:
    my actual work 'mates'

Lol, in my 'team', well I've already had a whole thread about the actualy certified crazy one. Another one takes days off to bring her dog to the vet or to dog training or to physiotherapy :? quite a bit. She talks about her dog like it's her fucking kid... honestly she comes back from lunch telling us about what facial expression he made today or what his shit smelled like or that he may be psychic or whatever :? crazy fucking crazy people.

One day ages ago, one girl came in going 'oh my god, did you hear Harvey was taken to hospital?' and I got a bit concerned wondering who Harvey was cos a lot of the girls were a bit upset and going 'oh no' and others saying 'yeh I heard it on the radio' blah blah fucking blah... turns out they were talking about fucking JORDANS son :shock: :? (no it's not even funny so I won't use a laughy smiley... I work with fucking idiots.. says a lot for me really :mrgreen: )
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    when the news was breaking that Nelson Mandelas grand daughter died in a car crash, there was speculation that Winnie was driving... I said this and the dog girl looked at me in all seriousness and said 'who's Winnie?' :oops: :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    nuffingman wrote:
    :lol::lol: Welcome to office politics! I've worked for myself for 23 years and haven't missed the office atmosphere one little bit. The thing that always amazed me was how people thrived on getting one over on a colleague and the amount of butt kissing that went on. I wouldn't join in their pathetic games and became a bit of an outsider.

Unfortunately my wife is now facing the "Office Politics" at her place.

Oh well hopefully by early next year we'd have sold up and buggered off.

Sounds familiar to my workplace, reminds of high school, some people must just have pathetic lives I guess.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    know1 wrote:

Very good point, however, sometimes it is easier said than done in certain work environments.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

Very good point, however, sometimes it is easier said than done in certain work environments.
    nah, me and my workmates bitch a lot... so I've no doubt that they bitch about me when I walk away... but I've no probs with that cos I bitch about them... and I can be a grumpy fucker at times :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    when the news was breaking that Nelson Mandelas grand daughter died in a car crash, there was speculation that Winnie was driving... I said this and the dog girl looked at me in all seriousness and said 'who's Winnie?' :oops: :roll:

You should have responded with "Winnie The Pooh".

lukin2006 wrote:

You should have responded with "Winnie The Pooh".
    oh she knows winnie the pooh alright :roll:

Sometimes I go in and say something like 'I was watching a documentary on the African diamond trade last night' just to see their faces glaze over and go 'oh really' :mrgreen:

They know nothing about current affairs.. don't get me wrong, I'm not being snobby or anything but I can feel the brain cells running away every day.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life