Gonna Rise Up!

yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share some info on a charity event that has turned a tragedy into something really special. I was emailed with the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful cause by another ten club member and his wife. They asked me to design a wooden heart for the Ofrendas del Corazon Silent Heart Auction in the name of Michael Rutledge. When Michael passed away, his parents donated his organs, which in turn saved four people's lives. His parents like to believe that Michael would have wanted the same. 100% of the money raised at The Silent Heart Auction goes into scholarships for bilingual students at Michael's school.

check out more of their story and hard work @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOz35lRS6A

annd here's my heart! it has the lyrics to Rise in it "gonna rise up, burning black holes in dark memories, gonna rise up, turning mistakes into gold" acrylic painting
DSCN1066-1.jpg
rootsdesigns.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i know it's for a good cause and totally support you doing so but do you need permission from ed to use his likeness? ... even the words? ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    i know it's for a good cause and totally support you doing so but do you need permission from ed to use his likeness? ... even the words? ...

It's not an official poster or anything, and I'm not selling it, so I'm going to go with no? people make fan art of bands all the time, I don't see this being much different, but if it is, I will absolutely respect Ed and not use it.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Awesome 8-)
    polaris_x wrote:

It's not an official poster or anything, and I'm not selling it, so I'm going to go with no? people make fan art of bands all the time, I don't see this being much different, but if it is, I will absolutely respect Ed and not use it.

yeah ... i like it ... not trying to poo poo it just wanted you not to get into any kind of trouble as it will be tied into a fundraiser ...
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    na fuck that he do what he wants if those people can sell mini posters on ebay to make a buck,,an he is doing this for a good cause an you want to bitch at him, people on this board end to re evaluate what they bitch about seriously or just do the next best thing an click that red x at the top lol
  • polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

yeah ... i like it ... not trying to poo poo it just wanted you not to get into any kind of trouble as it will be tied into a fundraiser ...

I understand, thanks for liking it, I was just in an Art Festival where I was selling alot of band inspired art, and the people running the festival had no problem, as long as I am not claiming it's an official poster of some sort for the band, which I don't, there are no problems :) I have the upmost respect for the bands that inspire my work.
  • na fuck that he do what he wants if those people can sell mini posters on ebay to make a buck,,an he is doing this for a good cause an you want to bitch at him, people on this board end to re evaluate what they bitch about seriously or just do the next best thing an click that red x at the top lol

thats what I figured, so many people make things inspired by music, it's everywhere! lol thanks for the support release
    np bro i guess those with ed's lyrics as tats should have ask ed to right just saying ,,
    na fuck that he do what he wants if those people can sell mini posters on ebay to make a buck,,an he is doing this for a good cause an you want to bitch at him, people on this board end to re evaluate what they bitch about seriously or just do the next best thing an click that red x at the top lol

uhhh ... i'm sorry your grasp of the english language does not allow you to interpret what i said properly ... i wasn't bitching - in fact, i went out of my way to indicate that i liked and supported his poster and that i just didn't want him to get in trouble ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

uhhh ... i'm sorry your grasp of the english language does not allow you to interpret what i said properly ... i wasn't bitching - in fact, i went out of my way to indicate that i liked and supported his poster and that i just didn't want him to get in trouble ...

no worries everyone, lets keep it positive, this is a great cause, and i appreciate everyones feedback, and just to throw it out there, I'm a she :) theres more about my art and myself @ rootsdesigns.net
    no worries everyone, lets keep it positive, this is a great cause, and i appreciate everyones feedback, and just to throw it out there, I'm a she :) theres more about my art and myself @ rootsdesigns.net

sorry ... keep up the good work!
    polaris_x
    i noticed you had them things what are THEY called ahh question marks. . Also you should know these text can be difficult to see if someone is sounding like there nagging or bitching or pissed off, happy sad an so on. sorry to offend you wasn't trying to , i didn't want anyone giving this kind person any mess for there good deed , sorry polaris-x if it bugged you have a great day
  • BUMP.. for a great cause :)