50 things you can control right now

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://tinybuddha.com/blog/50-things-yo ... right-now/

Stumbled across this link, interesting stuff. It's like one knows all this but to see a list compiled, pretty nice :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    That's a good list. I'll have to try some of those when I'm in a bad mood.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    You always find the coolest stuff chiqui :)
    (I saved that cookie monster gif you posted, and look at it all the time for a smile, btw.)

This too should be saved, printed, and tacked to the wall at work and home...with a few highlighted ;)

This made me snicker:
    46. Whether you smell good or bad (unless you have some strange resistance to soap and deodorant).

Spend the whole article bein sensitive, thoughtful, and empowering....then drop a bomb on people with gland issues or whatever...
    somewhere, some dude with chronic BO is reading that, thinkin"fuuuuuck...49 things I control :("
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    this one jumped out at me. for obvious reasons.

44. Whether you smoke or drink (unless you’re an alcoholic, in which case I am not qualified to offer you advice.)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    50. How much rest you get at night.

This one is so simple, and so true. I love this list. Thanks Chiqui!

And taking #50 to heart, I am off to bed.

Sleep well, all!
    :wave:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    (I saved that cookie monster gif you posted, and look at it all the time for a smile, btw.)
    hehe look at my avatar ---> :mrgreen:

and yeah, poor BO people :lol:

Glad you guys like it, I came across it in a bizarre way. On David Blaine's Twitter page....who knew? lol I've been in a low mood lately so I needed reminders for a lot of those things on the list, definitely printing it out :)
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I would actually argue that a lot of those things you can't control. Like how much exercise you get for example. If I had it my way, I'd get two hours tomorrow, but I might not be able to get any at all because I can't sleep and thus won't be able to get up early enough to allow me to do that AND get in 12 hours of work. And hello, the last one "how much rest you get at night." I'd love to be able to control that. I'd love to be asleep right now. There were some other things on there too that if you could really control, you'd have things pretty good, but you really can't. Today I couldn't even control what kind of food I ate because every monday we have to have a lunch meeting and not only is lunch part of our salary, there's no time to get any other food. I had to pick the chicken and broccoli out of a chicken, broccoli, and ziti dish and was starving for the rest of the day. That's not how I would have eaten if I were in control.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    46. Whether you smell good or bad

Come closer and have a sniff. Well?
    46. Whether you smell good or bad

Come closer and have a sniff. Well?
    If I could smell you from here, then I dunno man :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Lauri wrote:
    I would actually argue that a lot of those things you can't control. Like how much exercise you get for example. If I had it my way, I'd get two hours tomorrow, but I might not be able to get any at all because I can't sleep and thus won't be able to get up early enough to allow me to do that AND get in 12 hours of work. And hello, the last one "how much rest you get at night." I'd love to be able to control that. I'd love to be asleep right now. There were some other things on there too that if you could really control, you'd have things pretty good, but you really can't. Today I couldn't even control what kind of food I ate because every monday we have to have a lunch meeting and not only is lunch part of our salary, there's no time to get any other food. I had to pick the chicken and broccoli out of a chicken, broccoli, and ziti dish and was starving for the rest of the day. That's not how I would have eaten if I were in control.
    9. How you interpret situations. ;)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

This made me snicker:
    46. Whether you smell good or bad (unless you have some strange resistance to soap and deodorant).

Spend the whole article bein sensitive, thoughtful, and empowering....then drop a bomb on people with gland issues or whatever...
    somewhere, some dude with chronic BO is reading that, thinkin"fuuuuuck...49 things I control :("

:lol: thought the same thing!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    If that is not the look of pure joy, I don't know what is :)
    If that is not the look of pure joy, I don't know what is :)
    haha definitely! I will grab joy whereever I can freaking find it nowadays :D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Lauri wrote:
    Buy lunch on the way to work in the morning... like I do :? It's pretty simple really and I can have COMPLETE control over what I eat. Failing that... it's one day a week :roll:

You could control all of the above by quitting your job. Practical? Maybe not... but you COULD do it 8-)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I love no. 1 :) I certainly don't smile enough... I've got a pretty miserable face in fact... even when I'm really happy :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I love no. 1 :) I certainly don't smile enough... I've got a pretty miserable face in fact... even when I'm really happy :mrgreen:
    You don't look miserable in your avatar, that's a great smile! :) Smiling more does make a difference I find though, I try to be conscious of it.
    You don't look miserable in your avatar, that's a great smile! :) Smiling more does make a difference I find though, I try to be conscious of it.
    Thank you :D I'm starting to be more conscious of it now thanks to your list.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

Smiling can also infuriate your foe. It works well. I once got my ass kicked for it.
    Smiling at a juice pig who wanted my gf, was drunk and trying to instigate something all night. I kept smiling and ignoring him. He eventually came over to 'wipe it off' my face....
    I was still smiling at him when he was pulled off of me :D I thought he was going to lose his mind when I started winking and blowing kisses. It was awesome.

Smiling can also infuriate your foe. It works well. I once got my ass kicked for it.
    Smiling at a juice pig who wanted my gf, was drunk and trying to instigate something all night. I kept smiling and ignoring him. He eventually came over to 'wipe it off' my face....
    I was still smiling at him when he was pulled off of me :DI thought he was going to lose his mind when I started winking and blowing kisses. It was awesome.
    That is fantastic :D

BTW juice pig? Is that someone on steroids? Never heard that expression before, maybe it's a Canadian thing :lol:

But yeah the best way to drive an asshole crazy is to be nice, just like staying calm when someone is going apeshit....makes 'em go mental. Good stuff lol
    That is fantastic :D

BTW juice pig? Is that someone on steroids? Never heard that expression before, maybe it's a Canadian thing :lol:

But yeah the best way to drive an asshole crazy is to be nice, just like staying calm when someone is going apeshit....makes 'em go mental. Good stuff lol
    Yup, juice pig = steroid user.
    Ya, I don't flip the bird in road rage incidents, I always blow kisses, it's MUCH more effective :D
    (have we found something else we control?) :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

I was still smiling at him when he was pulled off of me :D I thought he was going to lose his mind when I started winking and blowing kisses. It was awesome.

:thumbup:

always works...most of the time, jackholes like this want you to get angry...when you don't, it enrages them more :mrgreen:
    Yup, juice pig = steroid user.
    Ya, I don't flip the bird in road rage incidents, I always blow kisses, it's MUCH more effective :D
    (have we found something else we control?) :lol:
    I'm so doing that from now on! icon_thumbup.gif
  • Came across this article, same sort of concept in terms of adjusting one's thinking :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/lifeslittl ... y-2389062/