Options

If Ed quit the cigs...

2»

Comments

• Options
    let him smoke:cool:
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Options
    I of course hope that he quits for his health...but I think his voice sounds better than ever....I also think his technique has improved A LOT since the TEN & VS days...
  • Options
    If a person doesn't want to quit smoking, they won't. Anti-cigarette people need to get a life.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    If you stop smoking, I'll fuck a different beautiful woman, with her full and willing consent, every day before January 1, 2009.

I think quitting smoking is all about major lifestyle changes/choices, just like changing to a fucking lifestyle. I just need to run a year-long fuckathon once, that's it, just once. . .

Fuck this was funny

let him smoke ...

gives his voice some character

stop preaching you preaching preachers
    the Minions
  • Options
    I like Ed's voice better now...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I think it might give him a longer life if he quit and that's the best reason to stop. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Most importantly... do it for yourself.

http://www.whyquit.com

"R.J. Reynolds, 58, tobacco company founder * emphysema"

"R.J. Reynolds, III, 59, tobacco company heir * emphysema"

Hmmmm?

"A 50% chance of exchanging 5,000 sunrises for 1 chemical. Why?"

I know how hard it is to quit. I've also seen a lot of suffering of those who choose not to quit. I worked in a tobacco shop for several years, I've seen a lot.

Some of you tell us "anti-smokers" to get a life, leave you alone and let you smoke. We have a life, we want it to be long and HEALTHY.

Yes you can smoke if you want to, it's your choice. If you want your loved ones to grieve and be bitter because cigarettes were more important than them, then have at it.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    If a person doesn't want to quit smoking, they won't. Anti-cigarette people need to get a life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ySCcnoo3c

:D Warning. Bad Language Included.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    1st of Ed's early use of voice has done the biggest damage not the smoking. 2nd Ed's early "singing" would never let him sustain the long concerts and tight tour schedules PJ did in the last years.
    3rd People use bad examples(songs) to prove their points.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    Yes Eddie just quit,then we can all travel back to the early nineties,and just maybe you and boys will record ten pt2.Hope so!!!!!!!!!!
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    smile05 wrote:
    Yes Eddie just quit,then we can all travel back to the early nineties,and just maybe you and boys will record ten pt2.Hope so!!!!!!!!!!
    And than maybe flannel will be cool again ha!
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Mine wrote:
    1st of Ed's early use of voice has done the biggest damage not the smoking. 2nd Ed's early "singing" would never let him sustain the long concerts and tight tour schedules PJ did in the last years.
    3rd People use bad examples(songs) to prove their points.

Your first two points are not based on any proof (neither is most of what the other side of the argument is stating). However, your third point is wrong. The song I used as an example (Wash 10/3/05 Philly) is the perfect example of what smoking has done (not his "early" singing). First off, it's the first song of the show so essentially he shouldn't be out of breath having trouble holding notes. Second, the beginning of Wash (first couple minutes) aren't very hard to sing to begin with and his early screaming days would have no effect on these notes (maybe later on when he yells Wash My Love). So I beg to differ with your third point.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    I think you should all SHUT UP! :D :cool: :D

Lets be honest here. He's not perfect. He smokes AND he drinks.

P.S. Apart from Mookie and Fins. :p
  • Options
    I think you should all SHUT UP! :D :cool: :D

Lets be honest here. He's not perfect. He smokes AND he drinks.

P.S. Apart from Mookie and Fins. :p

Lets be honest here. That's what makes him perfect.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    It would STILL be NONE OF MY BUSINESS!!!!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    You know, if I didn't have a bum heart I would be a smoker. There's no doubt in my mind I would be sucked into the from-a-distance-sexy-glamour (not up close ramifications). Makes me wonder if I was given a bum heart just so I DON'T smoke. . . . hmmmmmmmm

My challenge is still on, Eddie. I gotta say that Fins may have a better time with his.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Your first two points are not based on any proof (neither is most of what the other side of the argument is stating). However, your third point is wrong. The song I used as an example (Wash 10/3/05 Philly) is the perfect example of what smoking has done (not his "early" singing). First off, it's the first song of the show so essentially he shouldn't be out of breath having trouble holding notes. Second, the beginning of Wash (first couple minutes) aren't very hard to sing to begin with and his early screaming days would have no effect on these notes (maybe later on when he yells Wash My Love). So I beg to differ with your third point.
    My 1st 2 points are basic singing facts. If you do what Eddie was doing with his voice back in the day you're gona blow it and it will not let you sustain tours of 2 hour+ shows. Smoking is not as empirical. It is known Ed had problems with his voice after the tours in the early and mid 90s and not because of smoking.
    Now he goes to record an album with about 3 octaves(ITW).

As for my 3rd point Wash is barely average in Ed's catalogue and very throaty, a habit Eddie pretty much washed off. If a singers voice is not warmed up he/she is going to sound worst for the 1st songs and unless he/she is doing a really bad job(screaming) he/she is going to sound the best towards the end.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    newy777 wrote:
    hey guys, there's nothing worse than nagging... Let him be and if he decides to quit , then he does.....

And if someone votes Republican, Ed should leave him be.
  • Options
    It is very hard to quit. Nicotine is very, very addictive. If he has to smoke it is his business. He can afford to buy cigarettes. They are over $5- a pack in Massachusetts. That's over $1,800.00 dollars a year if a person smokes a pack a day. We don't have to smoke because EV does. Stop if you can.
    Hold On
  • Options
    And if someone votes Republican, Ed should leave him be.

You have a good point there.

To each their own.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep