Options

***eddie Vedder Poster Sale‏***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    phishjam wrote:
    i sent you an email regarding my problems checking out

So did I. Got the error message while processing payment (be patient.......) and 2 posters are still in my cart !!
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,094
    Hey Number 7!

Can I assume my order was accepted if the "submitted your order/proceesing your payment" page did not refresh?

I can't tell if either my order or Mary's order went through?

Bill

check your bank/credit card account.... the money should be taken out already
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    brain wrote:
    Help!

there is a 5 min checkout time limit I think ??

Keep trying though!!

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    brainbrain Posts: 68
    Mudfest wrote:
    there is a 5 min checkout time limit I think ??

Keep trying though!!

M

In the past anyone have this problem?

New checkout?
  • Options
    Just looked and the black and blue was still up.
  • Options
    And it is gone again.
  • Options
    what is the point of making these posters so limited? the band knows they are in high demand, so do the artists. why cant they just print more? is it really that hard to tell which ones are goning to sell? all this does is feed the secondary market and true fans are left to pay outrageous prices for items that originally sold for $30-$60 bucks!

wouldnt everyone be a lot happier if they just printed a bunch more posters? why does the cool poster on your wall have to be super rare, cant it just be cool for the art's sake?

i missed this sale because i had to be at work. basically if you werent sitting there hitting refresh every second you missed out. i was able to get to a computer at 10:50 but no dice...1st the mystery sale goes out in a minute and then this...man i just like the posters but this is getting ridiculous!

spread the love dont limit it!
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    Number 7 is Da Kine! Fastest customer service in the business!

Thanks for the Aloha Brad. Artillery is "DA BOMB"

Bill
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    number 7 wrote:
    It would appear everything worked as it was supposed to this time round...(knock on wood)...

Yes Sir. I am ecstatic! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    My wife and I went overboard with the EV shows this Summer and now scored our AP mementos! Brad, you are the f-ing MAN!!!!! Site ran PERFECTLY.
  • Options
    P.S. The Fairey comment...I wouldn't say a different league, amigo. Keep pumping out the GEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe do a poster for the upcoming Neil Young/ Wilco Tour!
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    P.S. The Fairey comment...I wouldn't say a different league, amigo. Keep pumping out the GEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe do a poster for the upcoming Neil Young/ Wilco Tour!
    U get my Pm i sent u?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Thanks BK and keep up with great work!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    Number 7 is Da Kine! Fastest customer service in the business!

Thanks for the Aloha Brad. Artillery is "DA BOMB"

Bill
    Word yo, dey be keepin' it real up in da field!
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    crap! i forgot all about this...argh! I wanted a Batman sooo bad
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Finally actually was able to purchase something from Artillery, got the Batmobile this afternoon.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    Got the Batmobile and Chicago.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Got the Batmobile and Chicago.
    Got chicago and the blue one - had Batmobile buy button three times but apparently was not quick enough.

I got Chicago first, then went to Batman and the buy button was there. Clicked and it went to sold out. Got the blue one after that... really frustrated w/ myself because I had the buy button twice more but wasnt really fast enough - always popped up once I started fading in focus!
  • Options
    number 7number 7 Posts: 81
    what is the point of making these posters so limited? the band knows they are in high demand, so do the artists. why cant they just print more? is it really that hard to tell which ones are goning to sell? all this does is feed the secondary market and true fans are left to pay outrageous prices for items that originally sold for $30-$60 bucks!

wouldnt everyone be a lot happier if they just printed a bunch more posters? why does the cool poster on your wall have to be super rare, cant it just be cool for the art's sake?

i missed this sale because i had to be at work. basically if you werent sitting there hitting refresh every second you missed out. i was able to get to a computer at 10:50 but no dice...1st the mystery sale goes out in a minute and then this...man i just like the posters but this is getting ridiculous!

spread the love dont limit it!

People bring this point up a lot...

It's not to keep them limited on purpose so they are rare,...it's the logistics of screen printing...each color is printed individually...so a 5 color print of a run of say 500 means you have to pull ink on to paper 2500 times. Which means you have to pick up a sheet of paper, put it on the press, pull ink through a screen onto it, take that sheet and place it on a drying rack, collect all the sheets after the first color is done for all 500 sheets, then stack them all up and do it all over again for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th color. It's quite a monotonous, time consuming process. Not too mention the screen is flexible and moves and you have to stop every now and again because the colors aren't lining up right or the press is malfunctioning. And 500 is a big run for screen printed posters and for pearl jam posters the runs are usually a lot bigger then that...most bands do closer to around 200 - 300 total for a show.

If it was offset printing you could print 500 copies easily in a day....screen printing big runs takes at least 3 - 5 days depending on the run size.

Plus originally, the idea is that the posters are for the show only...you go to a show you get the poster...if you aren't at the show, you don't get it. It's a momento from a particular place and time that you happened to be at and experience. So you limit the number you can print and sell at the show because you can only print so many. But people dig them and they've become more sought after, so more get printed and sold online and not just at shows...so the print runs for pj and ed's shows are already really quite big for screen printed posters. Plus they cost money to print, and paper and trees...if you print too many of a poster that it turns out people aren't feeling, then you are left with a bunch of posters nobody wants. And trust me, it's always a crap shoot as to what people are going to respond to....sometimes i think people aren't going to like something and they love it, other times i think it's great and people don't...the one thing i've learned is you never know exactly how people will respond to particular designs...
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    number 7 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation - its the best way I've heard it put before and it really helps to put things into perspective. If they ever make a poster subforum here, this should be a sticky post.

THe company I work for does screen-printed shirts and I've seen them done before and its a process that is so much more involved that it sounds.

I am still mad i missed Batman, but glad to get the Chicago one.

Thanks again for the post - it is a must read for poster people on here, complainers or not.. :)
  • Options
    number 7 wrote:

It's not to keep them limited on purpose so they are rare,...it's the logistics of screen printing...each color is printed individually...so a 5 color print of a run of say 500 means you have to pull ink on to paper 2500 times. Which means you have to pick up a sheet of paper, put it on the press, pull ink through a screen onto it, take that sheet and place it on a drying rack, collect all the sheets after the first color is done for all 500 sheets, then stack them all up and do it all over again for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th color. It's quite a monotonous, time consuming process. Not too mention the screen is flexible and moves and you have to stop every now and again because the colors aren't lining up right or the press is malfunctioning. And 500 is a big run for screen printed posters and for pearl jam posters the runs are usually a lot bigger then that...most bands do closer to around 200 - 300 total for a show.

If it was offset printing you could print 500 copies easily in a day....screen printing big runs takes at least 3 - 5 days depending on the run size.

Plus originally, the idea is that the posters are for the show only...you go to a show you get the poster...if you aren't at the show, you don't get it. It's a momento from a particular place and time that you happened to be at and experience. So you limit the number you can print and sell at the show because you can only print so many. But people dig them and they've become more sought after, so more get printed and sold online and not just at shows...so the print runs for pj and ed's shows are already really quite big for screen printed posters. Plus they cost money to print, and paper and trees...if you print too many of a poster that it turns out people aren't feeling, then you are left with a bunch of posters nobody wants. And trust me, it's always a crap shoot as to what people are going to respond to....sometimes i think people aren't going to like something and they love it, other times i think it's great and people don't...the one thing i've learned is you never know exactly how people will respond to particular designs...

Cuz,
    Your Poster designs kick serious ASS. I am sure some people here want an explaination, but you need not explain yourself. If someone wants a 5,000 print-run poster, they can go to Spencers. If they want a piece of ORIGINAL KICK-ASS ART, maybe they will be lucky enough to score a BK Print. 'Nuff Said.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    thanks for the explanation brad....this is what i assumed but it's good to hear it from the horses mouth :)