Options

ITW lp info

Comments

• Options
    Isn't the artwork different from the 10c version?

I have the 10c version somewhere... maybe i should have sold it. Don't really care which version I own.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    So it seems the only thing this is missing is the 7" single.

IMO, a very good deal. Unfortunately, if they don't mark it as a re-issue, look for the value of the original pressings to drop. :( If I was an owner of an original release, i'd want a different marking on the label...maybe there'll be a different serial number.

It would be a different serial number at least. The original vinyl was pressed for Vinyl Films which is Cameron Crowe's company and the serial number is VFR 2007-4. If this is an official SONY release like has been said, they will have a SONY serial #.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    So it seems the only thing this is missing is the 7" single.

IMO, a very good deal. Unfortunately, if they don't mark it as a re-issue, look for the value of the original pressings to drop. :( If I was an owner of an original release, i'd want a different marking on the label...maybe there'll be a different serial number.

It would be a different serial number at least. The original vinyl was pressed for Vinyl Films which is Cameron Crowe's company and the serial number is VFR 2007-4. If this is an official SONY release like has been said, they will have a SONY serial #.

I'm expecting it to be marked quite differently since it's on a totally different label and a European release. As someone who has reluctantly kept my original one sealed I am now delighted to have one that I can listen to!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    So two differences.

1) Lack of 7" single
    2) Different serial number
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    So two differences.

1) Lack of 7" single

in my opinion, who cares??? like many people, i didn't buy it from the 10C & have wanted it for awhile. but i enjoy being able to pay my bills, so i've stayed away from the eBay auctions. can't wait to tear this open & spin it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    vanrixelvanrixel Posts: 28
    So two differences.

1) Lack of 7" single

That's correct.
    And from what I heard this release will have the same artwork as the Vinyl Films version.
    They are working on it right now. But I doubt the releasedate of september 20th. Will ask my buddy tonight. :)

As all represses from Music on Vinyl show the original publisher and rightsholder + the MOV catalognumber.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    vanrixel wrote:
    So two differences.

1) Lack of 7" single

That's correct.
    And from what I heard this release will have the same artwork as the Vinyl Films version.
    They are working on it right now. But I doubt the releasedate of september 20th. Will ask my buddy tonight. :)

As all represses from Music on Vinyl show the original publisher and rightsholder + the MOV catalognumber.

My order from Sound Stage Direct says it's a 10" record. Did you see something indicating it was a full 12" record? That might be a third difference.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,322
    The original release was on Vinyl Film Records, Catalog #VFR 2007-4.
    This is Music On Vinyl, Dutch release.
    And originally, it said it was a 10" disc.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I'm not sure about this.
    I thought it would be a 12" record. 10" is new info for me also.
    But I doubt it will be 10".

I know for a fact this release should not have been mentioned so soon. It was a slip of the tongue.
    MOV releases are planned months ahead and put into the system. Sometimes these new releases are put in too soon. This happened here also.

I even got some testpressings of releases which aren't even mentioned in the system. Because it's not sure if they ever will come out. (I hope though... because they sound pretty damn good! :))
  • Options
    vanrixel wrote:
    I'm not sure about this.
    I thought it would be a 12" record. 10" is new info for me also.
    But I doubt it will be 10".

I know for a fact this release should not have been mentioned so soon. It was a slip of the tongue.
    MOV releases are planned months ahead and put into the system. Sometimes these new releases are put in too soon. This happened here also.

I even got some testpressings of releases which aren't even mentioned in the system. Because it's not sure if they ever will come out. (I hope though... because they sound pretty damn good! :))
    Threads have been started since 7/21, with various web stores preselling them. And yes, it did start out as a 10" according to those web sites. Whether it's been changed to 12", who knows. I preordered mine from Aural and now they don't have the size in their ad.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    Threads have been started since 7/21, with various web stores preselling them. And yes, it did start out as a 10" according to those web sites. Whether it's been changed to 12", who knows. I preordered mine from Aural and now they don't have the size in their ad.

That's because the whole record did not go in production yet. There are too many loose ends at this stage.
    I see my buddy tonight, but i'm pretty sure his answer is going to be:

"We are still working on it. Releasedate not set. Details not possible at this moment"
    :)
  • Options
    vanrixel wrote:

That's because the whole record did not go in production yet. There are too many loose ends at this stage.
    I see my buddy tonight, but I'm pretty sure his answer is going to be:

"We are still working on it. Release date not set. Details not possible at this moment"
    Thanks for the insight. Keep us posted.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    OK, this comment I got from my buddy:

"We are still working on it. Release date not set. Details not possible at this moment"

So stay tuned... When I got more info, I'll post it here.

(BTW announced today: they will release Alice In Chains - Unplugged on vinyl this month.)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    mfc2006 wrote:
    So two differences.

1) Lack of 7" single

in my opinion, who cares??? like many people, i didn't buy it from the 10C & have wanted it for awhile. but i enjoy being able to pay my bills, so i've stayed away from the eBay auctions. can't wait to tear this open & spin it!

amen!
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Wouldn't be surprised if the re-release is just a carbon copy of the CD release, as opposed to the original ITW vinyl that had different artwork and a different tracklisting.
    Either way I don't care because I have the original plus I've ordered a re-release copy :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    got this from whats record

Hi there ,

I've just added the Eddie Vedder Into The Wild Limited 180gram Audiophile album to the site. It is released in September in a Deluxe Gatefold sleeve with a 28 page booklet. I'm still waiting on the artwork and track listing to be confirmed.

I've also yet to discover how many are being pressed, whether its the normal 2500 or more copies as the demand for this album is bound to be considerable.

To order your copy please click the link below.

Cheers

Tim
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Have just ordered from What Records!
    :D

Gatefold sleeve - woohoo!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    edited August 2010
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Wouldn't be surprised if the re-release is just a carbon copy of the CD release, as opposed to the original ITW vinyl that had different artwork and a different tracklisting.
    Either way I don't care because I have the original plus I've ordered a re-release copy :)

Good point. The link at http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/live/landing/landing135.asp lists vinyl, after an edit on the website. Google's currency converter lists it as 22.4948 US Dollars. Note that this does not include any information about the 24-page book.

This link http://www.soundstagedirect.com/eddie-vedder-into-the-wild-soundtrack-vinyl-lp.shtml lists the vinyl cover. The $31.49 price reflects the Pearl Jam Forum Discount.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    I have 25 copies coming to the US through Cobraside Distributing...

I will be selling for total of 35 (INCLUDES SHIPPING) domestically US. Anyone interested?
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    im content w/my original 10C ITW...no need to buy/sell extra reissues. enjoy everybody! its a great LP
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    rolenrock wrote:

I will be selling for total of 35 (INCLUDES SHIPPING) domestically US. Anyone interested?

This sale is only for face value. Don't miss the link below...thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138476
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Good point. The link at http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/live/landing/landing135.asp lists vinyl, after an edit on the website. Google's currency converter lists it as 22.4948 US Dollars. Note that this does not include any information about the 24-page book.

This link http://www.soundstagedirect.com/eddie-vedder-into-the-wild-soundtrack-vinyl-lp.shtml lists the vinyl cover. The $31.49 price reflects the Pearl Jam Forum Discount.

Guess you did not read my posts then...:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138595&start=30#p3147024
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138595&start=30#p3147099

I know for a fact that this release should be a carbon copy of the limited vinyl release of Vinyl Films.
    Not like the CD. But nothing is certain at this stage.

My friend works at Music on Vinyl. So I got some inside info:
    "We are still working on it. Releasedate not set. Details not possible at this moment"

So what all retailers tell you at this moment is worthless. No date, no details.
    The manufacturing has not yet begun.
    Post edited by vanrixel on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Just ordered mine from What Records :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    Kat wrote:
    rolenrock wrote:

This sale is only for face value. Don't miss the link below...thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138476

I don't get if there is a problem or not. MSRP is 39.99. I am a registered retailer.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,280
    !
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Just ordered mine from Soundstage Direct! Says its release date is 9/20! :D
  • Options
    Finally some new info:
    Sony approved the release and Music on Vinyl will release it in October! :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pi ... 6084891464
  • Options
    I was opening my Ten Super Deluxe to show a buddy, and when I took out the giant Ten poster to unfold it, RIIIIIIIIIP. DAMMIT. Small rip, but on the top RIGHT in the middle.
    joe2468 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    and im also sure there is a difference with the catalog numbers on it then the original
    You know, that is fine with me. I have the original....and on one (probably drunk) night, i was spinning this record, and in the process of flipping the record over, it somehow slipped outta my fingers and it drupped against my stereo cabnet and has a really nice scratch on (somehow) both sides! :x

I will be buying this one again!

OUCH!!!!!!!!! that sucks ...if it helps .. last month when i got Justins Hamptons AP print for hartford i unrolled it between two sheets of foam core board .....three days later i opened it up to find a corner completely FOLDED OVER ....1"x1" fold top right corner ...
    nothing a good framer can hide....... still sucks though
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I preordered mine like two months ago for $26.99 from soundstage direct. Noticed its up over 30 dollars now?
  • Options
    I preordered mine like two months ago for $26.99 from soundstage direct. Noticed its up over 30 dollars now?