Options

Bring back "BLACK DIAMOND" ***PETITION***

SoMuchClearerSoMuchClearer Posts: 59
edited June 2008 in The Porch
So I just heard the Vic show from last August where they played a KISS cover of "Black Diamond". I was not familiar with this song until I heard them play it. It is fuckin' B-A!!! Aside from them screwing up in the beginning and having to restart... I thought Matt's vocals were on point and McCready killed it.

I petition this becomes a 2008 staple cover!!!
2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    I agree 100%
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Mike tore it up on that tune
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    his guitar was not ampliefied for much of that show...

If this poster is serious... count me in..
    I love old school Kiss..

everything fell apart after Kiss alive, but in 1975.. they were the only thing kicking disco's butt !
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    bump bump bump!!!
    2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    I echo the OP wish to hear Black Diamond too! Big Kiss fan in my early years. I would love to hear Mike tear up the solos to this!
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I will gladly make this my 500th post! Cover ANY KISS songs! But yeah, Black Diamond is sweet, any first album tunes would rock it!

Lots of bands have talked about the impact KISS had on their youth and inclinations, but to actually cover some of their tunes, that's the biggest compliment!

Neat that Ace has actually joined them onstage (Rockin in the Free World, Atlantic City if I recall? 03?) -- not aware that any of the others have, but cool enuf!

Trying to think of a tune that Eddie could/would actually join into, but sorry, it's all just kinda too bubble-gum rock for Mr. Serious Rocker! Thought I heard strains of "War Machine" in an avocado tune, seems to allude me now.

The "Rock Bottom" KISS unplugged is a constant presence on my iPod. They were pretty cool unplugged!

So PJ's covered Elvis, The Beatles, The Who, KISS, The Rolling Stones, bit of Floyd, AC/DC -- when will they get around to Zepplin? (Have they - did that House of Blues count, was that the whole band? Not sure I spy any other Zepplin tunes in the lists.... but yeah, SINGING with Plant, ok ok...)

Maybe they'll just open for 'em on a reunion tour! PJ/ZEPPLIN '09!
    [sic] happens