Options

Steak and potato eaters enter here

Comments

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    USDA PRIME BONE-IN RIBEYE...22OZ TOMOHAWK STYLE....GRILLED TO MED!!!

Life doesn't get any better than that!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    CJMST3K wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    I'm with you. There is a reason that meat tastes good. Because man is meant to eat it. ;)

That's my rational on why I should be allowed to hunt and eat people, but I always get strange looks when I say that.

i could provide you with a list. if needed.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    81 wrote:
    quote]
    Not so much about what is or isnt pumped into the animal...More about what they eat whilst being raised. That said, the whole antibiotic free or hormone free is another government sham that we could talk about for days. At any rate...Not much difference in your co-op or buying from a major packer or grocer...Unless they are a certified organic farm, then 99% prob same thing...:-)

what about those places that pump in water and other crap into the meat?

i like to see my beef cut off a big slab of meat. butchers are the best when you can find them.

Most of that kind of stuff is a flavor enhancer and or an enzyme of some type to take a really bad low end pc of meat and make it better. Some places will use a salt brine of some kind, but the most common is a papaya or pineapple enzyme enhancer. The acid in the juice breaks it down and makes it pretty much mush. Some people mistake this for a tender piece of meat because they dont know any batter.

That said...Completely different from the antibiotics and steroids and growth hormones. Just because you see your butcher cutting off of a big slab of meat does NOT mean it hasnt been treated in some way and is natural or any better then the above mentioned example B4 the pumping process.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

Tonight will be a couple of nice 2-3oz shoulder tender meddalions and some bbq corn on the cob and saut'ed mushrooms! :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    quote]
    Not so much about what is or isnt pumped into the animal...More about what they eat whilst being raised. That said, the whole antibiotic free or hormone free is another government sham that we could talk about for days. At any rate...Not much difference in your co-op or buying from a major packer or grocer...Unless they are a certified organic farm, then 99% prob same thing...:-)

what about those places that pump in water and other crap into the meat?

i like to see my beef cut off a big slab of meat. butchers are the best when you can find them.

Most of that kind of stuff is a flavor enhancer and or an enzyme of some type to take a really bad low end pc of meat and make it better. Some places will use a salt brine of some kind, but the most common is a papaya or pineapple enzyme enhancer. The acid in the juice breaks it down and makes it pretty much mush. Some people mistake this for a tender piece of meat because they dont know any batter.

That said...Completely different from the antibiotics and steroids and growth hormones. Just because you see your butcher cutting off of a big slab of meat does NOT mean it hasnt been treated in some way and is natural or any better then the above mentioned example B4 the pumping process.

agreed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Champ wrote:

Tonight will be a couple of nice 2-3oz shoulder tender meddalions and some bbq corn on the cob and saut'ed mushrooms! :-)

you are welcome at my house any day of the week :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    I'm with you. There is a reason that meat tastes good. Because man is meant to eat it. ;)

That's my rational on why I should be allowed to hunt and eat people, but I always get strange looks when I say that.

shit...i'll hunt some human :lol:
    idk if i'd eat it tho...it would just be fun to hunt

but i'll take a nice juicy filet mignon or prime rib w/ some taters any day of the week
    *drooly face*
    :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    I just finished 3 days of steak bingeing, and you're all STILL making me hyper-salivate. Meat is delicious, delicious murder.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    When i was a kid i enjoyed steak snails and mashed potatoes, still do today ;)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    When i was a kid i enjoyed steak snails and mashed potatoes, still do today ;)

Im not much on escargot.... :oops:

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    quote]

My wife and I get our meat and dairy through a Co-op and the difference in taste from store bought (pumped full of who knows what) is shocking.

Not so much about what is or isnt pumped into the animal...More about what they eat whilst being raised. That said, the whole antibiotic free or hormone free is another government sham that we could talk about for days. At any rate...Not much difference in your co-op or buying from a major packer or grocer...Unless they are a certified organic farm, then 99% prob same thing...:-)[/quote]

Yeah...Cows are meant to eat grass, not fucking corn.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,841
    2 inch thick Filet med-rare w/baked sweet potato and steamed asparagus , spinach salad with a nice vinagarette. now please!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Signing in!! Bring on the steak and potato, or the surf and turf, whatever.

Rib eye, New York, T-Bone, Fillet Mignon, Porterhouse. Add a baked russet potato, some vegetables or some seafood. An ice cold beer, and life is pretty good. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    How appropo to see this thread tonite! I usually don't make beef at home (mostly chicken and fish) but tonight was an exception...was craving some steak and it was on sale at Safeway, yay! New York Strip cooked medium well, garlic mash potatoes with a touch of goat cheese, and roasted asparagus. GRRRRR
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    oh shit, I am cooking some steaks on my grill and have some premade potatoes I picked up from the grocery store last night

mmmmmmmmm
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Wish I could find some good potatoes around here...
    :lol:
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    I'll pass on the mammal meat, but will have seconds on the mashed potatoes, please. Piping hot, with lots of butter.

me too
    me too
    me too

Given a choice, i prefer not to eat flesh
    (i say given a choice because i have never truly been hungry)
    going on five years
    if i was on the fence before
    working across the road from a purdue chicken plant for the last eight years was enough of a push to get on the flesh wagon
    afw
    peace
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    The average person in the states eats 280 pounds of beef more than is recommended in the daily diet. And we wonder why we're going to outlive our kids...

I'm glad I finally made a change to my diet. Not that I hate meat, but it's not needed all the time.
  • Options
    Crab stuffed fillet medallions with scalloped potatoes, roasted garlic and a small garden salad tonight. SOOOOO effing good!

• Options
    went to weber grill sat night. had a nice juicy strip. mmmm mmm good. just needed a second martini to wash it down. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Damn it. Now I'm craving steak even after having one yesterday.

new+york+strip+steak+at+mom's.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

you forgot:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNAM9P3DMSM3Z408UUD20_cQ7w9C8DruvSsMWHnvQO9YoHaqB-
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

you forgot:
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
    :nono: :?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    had steak and potatoes last night.. and green beans 8-)
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    had steak and potatoes last night.. and green beans 8-)
    hookers and blow for dessert?

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

you forgot:

Of course I had it with ketchup! :fp: :lol: It was so good to. There's nothing better than a good steak cooked over charcoal. My mouth is watering just thinkking about it right now.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    :nono: :?[/quote]

You know I'm a weird eater. You did see me eating french fries with a fork? :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

you forgot:

DS is a weird eater...not quite 'freaky'...

I would never disgrace my steak with ketchup...maybe some blue cheese crumbles...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options