Wrigley Field pre game clinic

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
so our company outting is this friday.

as part of that, a select few can go play on the field before the game.

per the company email...
the clinic is an exciting opportunity to run the bases, hit some balls with Cubs players and run around on the field.

the question is, go play on wrigley or sleep in for a couple of extra hours.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Are you kidding? when are you gona get another chance to do this! Sleep when your dead.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Woohoo! We are inviting you to play at the nation's shittiest ball park. Run some bases and then go piss in a trough with all of your closest friends.

I'd pass. Or go and re-enact Zambrano's famous rant.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    re-enact Zambrano's famous rant.

:lol: which one
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    KO23 wrote:
    Are you kidding? when are you gona get another chance to do this! Sleep when your dead.

i did it in 07. shagged fly balls off of Rich Hills fungo bat. tossed pitches off the bullpen mound. watched Carlos Marmol stand around and not say a word the entire time. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    81 wrote:

I would imagine you would be arrested and most likely never allowed in Wrigley again if you re-enact the Gatorade machine one. Just start a fight with someone.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    KO23 wrote:

i did it in 07. shagged fly balls off of Rich Hills fungo bat. tossed pitches off the bullpen mound. watched Carlos Marmol stand around and not say a word the entire time. :lol:

Ah, well kind of sad, get some sleep. :D
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I would imagine you would be arrested and most likely never allowed in Wrigley again if you re-enact the Gatorade machine one. Just start a fight with someone.

i just start ranting, running around and pulling ivy off the walls. they don't like people touching the ivy. before you go on the field, they give a stern warning about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    81 wrote:
    i just start ranting, running around and pulling ivy off the walls

Sounds like Jayson Werth too.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:

per the company email...
    the clinic is an exciting opportunity to run the bases, hit some balls with Cubs players and run around on the field.

If you're not selected to play on the field, then stay home and sleep.

If you are selected to play on the field, go for it. Awesome to see the perspective from the point of view of the players.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    KO23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    KO23 wrote:

Ah, well kind of sad, get some sleep. :D

it would be intersting to see the new field. before they re did it a couple seasons ago, the field was terrible looking.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

per the company email...

If you're not selected to play on the field, then stay home and sleep.

If you are selected to play on the field, go for it. Awesome to see the perspective from the point of view of the players.

i was selected.....it is cool to see the stands from the field. the downside is, you have to be at the field at 7:45 am, which means i would need to be up by 6 or earlier to make the commute
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Clearly they selected the cool people. You should go for it. Smoking toddlers everywhere would be proud.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I think if you get to play on the field they should at least add some realism to it. Ill come with you and Ill sit in the bleachers and throw beers at you guys, then lie and say it was the guy next to me. After all, it is the Friendly Compounds, right?
    I think if you get to play on the field they should at least add some realism to it. Ill come with you and Ill sit in the bleachers and throw beers at you guys, then lie and say it was the guy next to me. After all, it is the Friendly Compounds, right?

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:

You should definitely go. I mean, how often do you get the opportunity to play around on a major league baseball field? I can't stand the Cubs and Wrigley Field makes me sick, but I would prob still do it.
    81 wrote:

You should definitely go. I mean, how often do you get the opportunity to play around on a major league baseball field? I can't stand the Cubs and Wrigley Field makes me sick, but I would prob still do it.

having done it before, the thought of getting up at 5:30 to hang out on wrigley for an hour than sit around an empty ball bark for a few more hours, just doesn't excite.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    seriously, the sleeping in thing is really that big of an issue???

I would do just about anything to be able to do something like that, what a blast
    seriously, the sleeping in thing is really that big of an issue???

I would do just about anything to be able to do something like that, what a blast

yes. :lol: 5:30 am. i suppose i could take a nap during the game. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i took bp at legends field with goose gossage pitching ..after 1/2 hour the novelty was over

considering you did it already i say stay home
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I missed the part where you’ve already done it before, but still.

I’m volunteering for the Phillies blood drive next weekend and we get a tour of Citizen’s Bank Park – the dugout, the locker rooms, get to go on the field - and I’m like a little kid waiting for Santa, I’m so excited about this. :lol:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    We're you selected?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    We're you selected?
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I think it sounds like one of those things that is a lot more fun in theory than it is in real life. I know that if I'd already done it once, and was still so indifferent that I had to get others to weigh in on whether or not it would be better than sleeping in, I'd just sleep in.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    We're you selected?
    :fp:
    :lol: