Options

What happened to the gold batwings?

SoMuchClearerSoMuchClearer Posts: 59
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So seriously. Did anyone else notice that they were absent this tour from Stone's amps? McCready didn't have his basketball figures either. Are they "officially" grown-up now?
2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If you go see Ed solo, you might see what happened to the bat wings!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    So seriously. Did anyone else notice that they were absent this tour from Stone's amps? McCready didn't have his basketball figures either. Are they "officially" grown-up now?

I think Ed got custody of them :D
    He had them on his tour.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    gohikegohike Posts: 31
    McCready didn't have his basketball figures either.

Mcready?
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,121
    While we are talking about stuff on stage, what is the story with the Chinese Dragon head behind Boom's keys? I saw them at both Camden shows, looks cool.
  • Options
    Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    McCready didn't have his basketball figures either.

Those were Jeff's figures, and he stopped putting them on his amp 15 years ago because they kept getting stolen.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    I think Ed got custody of them :D
    He had them on his tour.

they were always Ed's to begin with,... :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    they were always Ed's to begin with,... :)

Yeah but after he got them he seemed to have no problem sharing the wings with the rest of the band on stage and then one day they mysteriously disappeared and reappeared on the solo tour but then they are missing again for the tour..

I wish I knew the whole story behind them...
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    There Is A Pic Somewhere With Him Holding On To Them
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    Yeah but after he got them he seemed to have no problem sharing the wings with the rest of the band on stage and then one day they mysteriously disappeared and reappeared on the solo tour but then they are missing again for the tour..

I wish I knew the whole story behind them...

the Bat Wings were a gift to Ed from Dennis, the lead singer of The Frogs who was the previous owner and was known for utilizing different props.

when Ed's onstage gear setup included the Marshall amp (previously owned by Johnny Ramone), which was positioned next to Stone's amps, he would rest the Bat Wings on top of it; however, having switched his setup to the amps positioned just in front of Matt's drumriser there really hasn't been any extra space for the Bat Wings to be displayed,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    the Bat Wings were a gift to Ed from Dennis, the lead singer of The Frogs who was the previous owner and was known for utilizing different props.

when Ed's onstage gear setup included the Marshall amp (previously owned by Johnny Ramone), which was positioned next to Stone's amps, he would rest the Bat Wings on top of it; however, having switched his setup to the amps positioned just in front of Matt's drumriser there really hasn't been any extra space for the Bat Wings to be displayed,...

cool thanks for the info...

I knew the wings came from The Frogs but didn't know so much detail as to the reasons behind their disappearance...
  • Options
    mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 129
    you can rest assured the wings will be out in milwaukee. I have a feeling Jimmy and Dennis may show up for RVM. Probably first encore
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I would keep the "PJ request hour" expectations to the minimum for the solo gigs if I were you. Just a word of advice: Don't yell "play RVM" or any other songs by the band if you don't want to piss off the Man of the Hour.
    Amen to that one! Also, don't scream "I'm getting laid tonight cause of you Eddie!" Some idiot shouted that from the row behind me in LA nite 1.

Also, don't yell out "I love you Eddie Vedder!" Ed will possibly call you out and ask your complete name. He may possibly get a bit aggitated if you don't respond as quickly as he desires. Just ask Christina "whoever" who was at the Santa Barbara show.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 129
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I would keep the "PJ request hour" expectations to the minimum for the solo gigs if I were you. Just a word of advice: Don't yell "play RVM" or any other songs by the band if you don't want to piss off the Man of the Hour.

My plan was exactly like you called it. I was going to start screamin RVM during the last Liam Finn song and then continue to do so all the way through when he plays No More and then hold up a sign in case he still hasnt played it. After he gets really pissed off my night will be a success. Thanks for the advice. Not like anyone on this board has ever made predictions about possible songs to be played at a show.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just ask Christina "whoever" who was at the Santa Barbara show.

What happened? Did he yell at her? (I'm not one for saying anything loudly during silences at an acoustic show!)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    someone posted a similar thread about the wings a while ago, and i think quite a few people said it was stolen after a show one night.

don't know how true that is... hopefully not true at all. but if it is, that is f'ing pathetic.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    someone posted a similar thread about the wings a while ago, and i think quite a few people said it was stolen after a show one night.

don't know how true that is... hopefully not true at all. but if it is, that is f'ing pathetic.

They would have had to have been stolen, like, two months ago. Because they were part of Ed's setup for his solo tour in April.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do