Selling my CDs

circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I’m about to pull the trigger and sell all of my CDs, well most of my CDs, I’m keeping my PJs and a few other sentimental ones. I have no idea what kind of return to expect on selling to a used music store these days. I have between 200 – 300, and I’m wondering if taking them all in at once could get me less in return than if I went in with a few smaller batches. I live in the burbs north of Dallas and I have limited options of where to sell. There’s Half Price Books and The Movie Trading Co, which told me they go off a corporate database to determine price. There’s the highly overrated Bills records downtown which I’m not sure is worth the haul. I wouldn’t think selling on ebay or craigslist would be worth it due to shipping.

Has anyone taken the plunge lately? Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Don't do it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Keep them. Enjoy them in the future.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Don't! They're part of your life story.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    THAT'S A GOOD PRICE!
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i wouldn't expect more than a buck or two per disc.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I have been thinking about doing this. I just have too many damn cds, they are all over. I just don't know if it's more trouble to try to get rid of them.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,029
    Best shot is HP Books. In smaller batches. I have used them before for that. As a test though, pick say 10 discs. Shop them at each store available to you. decide from there?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Well, I'd hang onto them but if you must sell them, I'd check out more options. There are some used record places in Arlington (I live in Fort Worth). Also, selling them on ebay might work better if they're older or obscure. You don't have to worry about the shipping costs; the buyer pays for shipping.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."